FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2048948-3rd-promotion-year-chance-requalify-premier-status-reach-higher-level.html)

mpiotrow Jan 4, 2022 9:36 am

Originally Posted by patel4500 (Post 33870032)
Just got a call back from Tammy and she confirmed that my PQPs were posted, which bumped me from Plat to 1K, and that my 1K Plus Points also posted. So finally some resolution and hopefully the same for all who were waiting for BoB after starting as FttF but ended up requalifying organically.

I was going to wait another 1-2 days and then call (I had not tried calling or emailing at all), and just checked my status after having read your message, and my BoB PQP finally posted (sometime in the past couple days, as I hadn't checked recently) which bumped me from Platinum to 1K (with only 13 PQP to spare...;)). I was in the same boat you were in (initially qualified for Platinum using FttF but then requalifed for Platinum organically during the promo period), so all good on my end!

dmurphynj Jan 4, 2022 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by mpiotrow (Post 33870179)
I was going to wait another 1-2 days and then call (I had not tried calling or emailing at all), and just checked my status after having read your message, and my BoB PQP finally posted (sometime in the past couple days, as I hadn't checked recently) which bumped me from Platinum to 1K (with only 13 PQP to spare...;)). I was in the same boat you were in (initially qualified for Platinum using FttF but then requalifed for Platinum organically during the promo period), so all good on my end!

Boom! Welcome to 1K-ville. Population: you!

I also got my extra 20 PP's this morning. Great stuff; all's well that ends well. Glad you made it across the line - if you find yourself in EWR, beer's on me!

cybazaar Jan 7, 2022 10:59 am

Originally Posted by dav3d (Post 33832538)
Tammy from United just called me back. +280 Plus points posted (Yay!) but the expiration of 7/31 for legacy points was not updated to the end of the year - she said they would look into that and let me know.

Mostly fixed at this point. Finally.

In the same boat here. 1K who completed the FttF requirements but the PP had not posted by Dec 21. Had to call the 1K line several times. Finally it was escalated internally, but for two weeks no response or update. Called again, and a supervisor manually posted the 280 additional PP, but the existing PP still expire 7/31/2022. It's bewildering how complicated this has been, and no wonder United's own systems and representatives couldn't interpret things correctly.

dav3d Jan 11, 2022 10:47 am

Originally Posted by cybazaar (Post 33880593)
In the same boat here. 1K who completed the FttF requirements but the PP had not posted by Dec 21. Had to call the 1K line several times. Finally it was escalated internally, but for two weeks no response or update. Called again, and a supervisor manually posted the 280 additional PP, but the existing PP still expire 7/31/2022. It's bewildering how complicated this has been, and no wonder United's own systems and representatives couldn't interpret things correctly.

Same. Got the PP posted manually but did not update the expiration of the existing PP. Anyone else in this situation able to get it fixed?

edcho Jan 11, 2022 11:49 am

Originally Posted by dav3d (Post 33892583)
Same. Got the PP posted manually but did not update the expiration of the existing PP. Anyone else in this situation able to get it fixed?

I'm going to wait until next month before escalating it. They did mention on their website that they will eventually extend it so I'm not too worried yet.

https://mileageplusupdates.com/milea...lish/covid-19/

Platinum, 1K and United Global Services Members who have requalified for 2022 Premier status by reaching the published levels, found here, before the end of 2021 or through the Fly to the Finish Promotion at the same or higher level will receive an additional extension for their PlusPoints to January 31, 2023.

vdostoi1 Jan 13, 2022 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by vdostoi1 (Post 33862422)
reached out to someone today regarding my missing PP due to meeting FTTF requirements and was told to wait till Wednesday. They continue to be aware of the issue is what I was told. Thanks.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get these PP posted given that I met the 1K requirements via FTTF? Every time I call MP Service Center, they are telling me this is being worked on with no timeline or deadline of completion. Any suggestions would be appreciated. In the remarks section, I am being told that two supervisors have looked at it and are aware of the situation...Thanks.

YoYoGodMom Jan 13, 2022 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by vdostoi1 (Post 33899098)
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get these PP posted given that I met the 1K requirements via FTTF? Every time I call MP Service Center, they are telling me this is being worked on with no timeline or deadline of completion. Any suggestions would be appreciated. In the remarks section, I am being told that two supervisors have looked at it and are aware of the situation...Thanks.

I just called 1K MP service and explained that I have waited long enough (promised from Dec 21st until Jan 7th for some system update) and desperately need the extra PP for an international trip. I asked for a supervisor to manually deposit it and after waiting for maybe 30-40 minutes, the 280 PPs showed up in my account 🎊

dav3d Jan 14, 2022 6:30 pm

Expiration of my legacy PP was updated from 7/31/2022 to 1/31/2023 overnight based on FTTF qualification for 1K.

Finally! Everything is fixed. :D

vdostoi1 Jan 15, 2022 10:06 am

Originally Posted by YoYoGodMom (Post 33899174)
I just called 1K MP service and explained that I have waited long enough (promised from Dec 21st until Jan 7th for some system update) and desperately need the extra PP for an international trip. I asked for a supervisor to manually deposit it and after waiting for maybe 30-40 minutes, the 280 PPs showed up in my account 🎊

Thanks so much.

vdostoi1 Jan 17, 2022 9:52 am

Originally Posted by vdostoi1 (Post 33904545)
Thanks so much.

Still no Plus Points as a result of qualifying via FTTF. Told by a supervisor that the "executive department" which she later clarified is the "marketing department" told MP Service Center to stop posting PP manually and they now have no estimate on when the PP will post because they are "backlogged." No movement even when I politely explained that I spent money buying first class tickets so I can qualify via the FTTF promo. Wondering if I will get any movement writing to Kirby's office to escalate this at this point...