FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2048948-3rd-promotion-year-chance-requalify-premier-status-reach-higher-level.html)

cfischer Nov 25, 2021 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Markalta (Post 33758193)
So as a FTTF failure, I can have @9700 PQP plus 1500 from three flights during the promo period = requalify Platinum with 11200 PQP? I am so confused cfischer

If you fail FTF you get the breakout bonus instead which for 3 flights is 1500 PQP. If that gets you over the regular qualification hurdle you are good

rbakker Nov 25, 2021 1:54 pm

Two days after I called 1K to get them to correct my PQPs (and get me over the 3000 threshold) my PlusPoints have arrived and my virtual card has been updated to 2023! Success.

distrips Nov 25, 2021 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 33469405)

Effective August 6th until November 30, 2021, all MileagePlus members are eligible for one of two promotions:
  • Our Fly to the Finish challenge helps Premiers that haven’t yet requalified maintain their level of Premier status through January 31, 2023 by meeting even lower PQF and PQP requirements from now through November 30.
  • Our Breakout Bonus offer helps Premiers who have already requalified and members without status another opportunity to earn PQP bonuses for up to 3 trips taken before November 30th – one of them can even be an award trip!
And all members who are also cardmembers can get credit towards Premier status when they’re not flying by earning up to 2 PQF through November 30 with spend on their Chase United MileagePlus credit card.

I am super close and this could put me over without having to do a mileage run. Are the PQP bonuses added as you earn them or will we see them all post 12/1?

SFOTerry Nov 26, 2021 3:39 am

A little off-topic: I requalified for 1K a week or 2 ago (without using 3rd promo), received addtl PPs, and my account shows valid thru 1/31/2023. My wife's (who is my MM partner) account only shows status valid thru 1/31/2022. Will her matched 1K status be extended later in the year, or do I need to do something else? Thanks.

Z Man Nov 26, 2021 6:22 am

Made it…. 1k for another year…. Probably my last.

cfischer Nov 26, 2021 7:49 am

Originally Posted by distrips (Post 33759710)
I am super close and this could put me over without having to do a mileage run. Are the PQP bonuses added as you earn them or will we see them all post 12/1?

breakout bonus has not been added yet. Probably some time in December

rbakker Nov 26, 2021 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Z Man (Post 33760249)
Made it…. 1k for another year…. Probably my last.

Same here. But I'll be watching for loopholes.

Markalta Nov 26, 2021 9:11 am

Thank you cfischer I am already planning for 2022 travel!

Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post 33758773)
Breakout bonus as a plat (if you were a plat already) will get you up to 1500 PQP if you take three trips in the promo period (Aug. 6 - Nov. 30) - in addition to the PQP you get for those flights. It’s 1000 bonus for your first trip, then 250 each for your second and third. You’ll get this if you already requalified for plat for 2022 prior to the promo, if you qualify ‘naturally’ within the promo period (ie, using the regular qualification criteria), or if you don’t hit the FttF criteria. I think the point is that everyone who flies during the promo period should get something.

I was Platinum, 8 PQFs and 1425 PQP during promo period, and plan on the 1500 PQP bonus. Had not requalified prior to the promo, not naturally, and didn't hit the FTTF criteria. A relief knowing the 1500 PQP breakout bonus will put me over the top! Thank you emcampbe for the insight!

gokeeper Nov 26, 2021 3:06 pm

Received an email on Nov 24 with the subject "You've requalified for Premier 1K status"

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e23e78e175.png

me4tux Nov 26, 2021 10:51 pm

Sorry if I am asking a dumb question: If I purchase a United route/ticket before Nov 30th, and have it ticketed paid in full that is at or over 482 PQP will I still qualify for the FTTF promo? e.g. Pay in full for the ticket before Nov 30th, but fly in Jan 2022. Trying to make the "700 PQP only" requirement for FTTF. Again, Sorry for the dumb question.

I am also trying to look into the possibility of a mileage run on Nov 30th out of SFO.

I don't think the PQP Boost is going to help me currently. Here's where I miserably stand:
1943 PQP + 2 PQF
4 United flight segment = met.

Originally Posted by legalalien (Post 33758007)
Remember, that if you don't requalify using the FTF promo, you will get the PQP boost (up to 550 for Silver) and have the entire month of December to satisfy the "regular" reduced criteria. Depending on how far off you are today, it may not cost much more to go that route. May be even easier logistically.

emcampbe Nov 26, 2021 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by me4tux (Post 33762181)
Sorry if I am asking a dumb question: If I purchase a United route/ticket before Nov 30th, and have it ticketed paid in full that is at or over 482 PQP will I still qualify for the FTTF promo? e.g. Pay in full for the ticket before Nov 30th, but fly in Jan 2022. Trying to make the "700 PQP only" requirement for FTTF. Again, Sorry for the dumb question.

I am also trying to look into the possibility of a mileage run on Nov 30th out of SFO.

I don't think the PQP Boost is going to help me currently. Here's where I miserably stand:
1943 PQP + 2 PQF
4 United flight segment = met.

no. You must be on a flight by Nov. 30 for it to count. Just like regular PQF, the [scheduled] date of flight departure is what counts.

note that reports on here indicate that 4 UA segment is waived for qualification via FttF, but IIRC, no official language in the terms that confirms this either way.

dcsnowwake Nov 27, 2021 12:13 pm

So I was short of requalifying by 300 PQP the date this launched, but made the status easily, do I receive the extra PQP?, it will be a huge help, and I will do another PQP run at the end of the year as I would be short by $178 for 1k with the extra, without I would be like 1700 short and not making a run. THis is so confusing.

bocastephen Nov 27, 2021 1:22 pm

Finished my FTTF last night, digital card shows 2023, status tracker states "...we're pleased to award you 1K status for 2021" which I expect should be 2022, and PP deposit of 280 happened this morning - but the app shows all of my PPs expiring Jan 31, 2022 - which can't be right. I know the new PPs should expire in 2023, but I thought the existing PPs were extended to mid next year, no?

myperks Nov 27, 2021 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 33763560)
Finished my FTTF last night, digital card shows 2023, status tracker states "...we're pleased to award you 1K status for 2021" which I expect should be 2022, and PP deposit of 280 happened this morning - but the app shows all of my PPs expiring Jan 31, 2022 - which can't be right. I know the new PPs should expire in 2023, but I thought the existing PPs were extended to mid next year, no?

app only shows the earliest expiration date. Website should have the breakout.

SPN Lifer Nov 27, 2021 3:09 pm

Yet on the app, if there is a little down-arrow or "v" at the top right corner of the entry, if you touch that it will expand and provide additional detail.

Check for that first, before moving on. As with all UA information technology (IT), your mileage may vary (YMMV).