FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2048948-3rd-promotion-year-chance-requalify-premier-status-reach-higher-level.html)

legalalien Aug 6, 2021 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 33469644)
Understand that you require fewer PQP to requalify than the challenge requires, so we’ve written the terms of our offer to accommodate this scenario. If you meet annual requirements before November 30th, regardless of the challenge outcome, you will receive trip-based PQP bonuses under our Breakout Bonus offer after the challenge closes. Since you’re closer to 1K this could go towards earning extra PlusPoints after hitting the 1K PQP-only requirement of 15,000 PQP.

So .. 1K flyers who requalify using regular criteria (i.e., those who actually flew with and spent $$$ on United this year) get just enough additional PQPs for 20 PlusPoints out of this promo. How exciting! :rolleyes:

alwaysflyingLA Aug 6, 2021 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 33469826)
However, the Corporate Starter posted August 5. Unless Insider confirmed this is okay?

• Eligible members who are also “Corporate Members” will automatically receive the following PQP deposits at the start of the Promotion Period, and no later than August 10, 2021, which will count toward satisfying the offer requirements:

PTahCha Aug 6, 2021 12:06 pm

Well, I'm one of the folks who will not benefit from the promo. Upgraded to Platinum with the prior promos. However, even with the bonus, I will need either 26 flight segments for rest of the year, or ~$5000 additional spend, neither are likely with no expectations of business travel for rest of the year.

Originally Posted by malgudi (Post 33469757)
Impressive. With the 400 PQP corporate head start, easier for me to make 2600, rather than 10 flights + 2300.

Alternatively, make slightly less than qualifying (say 2500) and get the consolation (2250) for a total of 4750. Will this total then count towards the qualifying goal (2600 PQP)?

Can UA Insider confirm?

Nope - one or the other. If you don't qualify under the "fast track", you get the consolation prize of the bonus from the other promo, but you'll need to requalify under standard qualification requirements.

alwaysflyingLA Aug 6, 2021 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by runningshoes (Post 33469829)
It's written in the T&C's / FAQ's - link at bottom of promo page overview

I don't see it in the T&C for Fly to the Finish. "Trip" is clearly defined in the Breakout Bonus T&C.

RobOnLI Aug 6, 2021 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by legalalien (Post 33469830)
So .. 1K flyers who requalify using regular criteria (i.e., those who actually flew with and spent $$$ on United this year) get just enough additional PQPs for 20 PlusPoints out of this promo. How exciting! :rolleyes:

Yup, that's it. And we have to fight with every other 1K for the things that matter most to us who are going to be re-minted thanks to this promotion.

One could argue that if they're being reminted then they are flying less. Sure...but the whole point of the promo is to inflate and swell the ranks of elites because United expects travel to return with another vengeance next year. So all those re-minted 1Ks are fighting for the paltry upgrade space with those who actually spent the money and requalified the "hard" way.

-RM

mathgeek1978 Aug 6, 2021 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 33469651)
If you complete the challenge, you will have your status extended through January 31, 2023. If you complete the challenge AND complete the annual requirements for the status you held on July 27, 2021 before the challenge ends on November 30th, you will not only have your status extended but will also receive trip-based PQP bonuses under our Breakout Bonus offer to help you reach the next Premier level.

This is the best part of the entire promotion!

a5un Aug 6, 2021 12:10 pm

The way I read this is:
You'll get the Breakout bonus PQP regardless if you complete the Fly to the finish challenge or not.
Do I get it right?

legalalien Aug 6, 2021 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by a5un (Post 33469862)
The way I read this is:
You'll get the Breakout bonus PQP regardless if you complete the Fly to the finish challenge or not.
Do I get it right?

You get the breakout bonus PQP only if you don't finish the Fly to the Finish challenge or if you requalify for your current level during the promo using regular criteria.

delpiero223 Aug 6, 2021 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 33469747)
I do like how the retain offer (3000 PQP) doesnt apply to people who havent flown at all this year, and do not have a single PQF.

I don't understand this part of your commend. I don't have any PQF this year, but the "requalify for just 3.000 PQP" does still show up.

Platow Aug 6, 2021 12:25 pm

Just to be sure i get this right.

I am a non US-based 1K, realistically i do not have any chance of taking a UA flight this year given the Administration's travel ban...

Am i right in assuming the 3.000 PQPs to requalify do NOT need to be flown on UA/UAExpress? All i need is 3K PQPs and i can earn them on *A Partners?

Thanks for confirming.

mathgeek1978 Aug 6, 2021 12:26 pm

Let me try this...

1. If you do NOT complete the Fly to the Finish Challenge: Your status does not get renewed but you will receive the breakout bonus based on the number of trips that you take, which will help you requalify the regular way.

2. If you complete the challenge AND requalify for your current status the regular way, you will receive the breakout bonus based on the number of trips that you take, which will help you qualify for a higher premier level.

rankourabu Aug 6, 2021 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by delpiero223 (Post 33469902)
I don't understand this part of your commend. I don't have any PQF this year, but the "requalify for just 3.000 PQP" does still show up.

Yet another confusing bit buried deep in the T&Cs.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...263a7c52a7.jpg

I read this - if you didnt have a single PQF on July 27 - you are not eligible

Actually never mind - you need to satisfy just 1500 PQP - which everyone should have as a gift.
So why bother writing this in???

legalalien Aug 6, 2021 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by mathgeek1978 (Post 33469911)
Let me try this...

1. If you do NOT complete the Fly to the Finish Challenge: Your status does not get renewed but you will receive the breakout bonus based on the number of trips that you take, which will help you requalify the regular way.

2. If you complete the challenge AND requalify for your current status the regular way, you will receive the breakout bonus based on the number of trips that you take, which will help you qualify for a higher premier level.

Correct. And much clearer than the T&C on united.com. :D

FunTravelerDC Aug 6, 2021 12:30 pm

While confused at first, I think I understand the promotion, however, I feel like I am getting screwed with the changes:

With my future flights prior to this, I was on track to prequalify for Gold with just needing one flight at around 100 PQP. However, with the changes made I am now losing out on 1400 PQP because one of my trips booked and ticketed through UA is completely on partner metal, I get NO benefit from those PQP to requalify.

Am I correct in seeing that they changed the goal post?

I would need to earn an entirely different 1200 PQP from the amount I already have booked and was previously going to get credit towards requalifying. I looked at the future flight on status tracking and it does not give me credit for those PQP.

rankourabu Aug 6, 2021 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Platow (Post 33469909)
Am i right in assuming the 3.000 PQPs to requalify do NOT need to be flown on UA/UAExpress? All i need is 3K PQPs and i can earn them on *A Partners?
Thanks for confirming.

The T&Cs say any 3000 PQP - but upthread UAInsider said UA only.... :confused: