FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2048948-3rd-promotion-year-chance-requalify-premier-status-reach-higher-level.html)

MA_ORD Aug 6, 2021 11:20 am

Hi Thanks for this info. With the fly to the finish offer do I need to fly an additional 10 segments + 2700 PQP or 3000 PQP during the promotion period on top of what I already have?

joelfreak Aug 6, 2021 11:20 am

I am 1K and MM, and I designate my partner to get my 1K status as a MM benefit. He seems to be eligible to re-earn 1K without me being involved with this promo, which would enable me to name another person as my status recipient next year. Is there anything I am missing? Going to the promo page and entering in his number does show that he is able to receive status with bookings.

kevflyer Aug 6, 2021 11:20 am

So basically 2,600 PQP with no PQF if already received the 400 PQP from yesterday?

What about earlier PQP activity (like from the Q2 1,500 PQP bonus) those wont apply here right?

bocastephen Aug 6, 2021 11:21 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 33469656)
Hi Stephen, both offers are for United and United Express flights.

why is that requirement not specifically written in the terms and conditions?

Boraxo Aug 6, 2021 11:22 am

Mine was 1800 PQP to requalify for Plat.

If reading correctly I get 1000 for first trip and 250+250 for trips 2 and 3. I also get 300 due to our UA corporate contract. So that would be the 1800 right there.

i already have 2 one-way flights planned for Labor Day weekend so hoping that “trip” is defined as one-way…

HNLbasedFlyer Aug 6, 2021 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 33469569)
The breakout bonus only applies if you've already requalified. So it doesn't help with requalification at all, just with earning additional PlusPoints.

You'd still get the PQP after the challenge ends if you didn't make 1K

Can’t meet the challenge? Don’t worry – we’ve got your back!

Premier members eligible for the Fly to the Finish challenge who don't meet the requirements will be eligible to earn trip bonuses for PQP-eligible trips on United or United Express taken within the promotional period after the challenge period is over. You’ll earn 1,500 bonus PQP on your first trip, 375 on your second and 375 on your third. For this promotion only, an award trip can count toward one of the three eligible PQP trip bonuses. Breakout Bonus terms apply.

spartacusmcfly Aug 6, 2021 11:23 am

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 33469655)
yeah, I am massively confused by that part. How and when would these 2250 PQP apply?

Basically, if you're in the Fly To Finish program, and fail to hit your challenge spend ($2700 for most), they'll give you the Breakout program PQPs (2250 for 3 flights) as a consolation prize.

DELee Aug 6, 2021 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 33469680)
Mine was 1800 PQP to requalify for Plat.

If reading correctly I get 1000 for first trip and 250+250 for trips 2 and 3. I also get 300 due to our UA corporate contract. So that would be the 1800 right there.

i already have 2 one-way flights planned for Labor Day weekend so hoping that “trip” is defined as one-way…

FYI/FWIW:

“Trip” is defined as a unique travel itinerary that includes at least one PQP-eligible flight segment operated by United or United Express, or a unique travel itinerary that includes at least one eligible award flight operated United or United Express, as documented by a unique ticket number, and is flown within the Promotion Period.

A Trip’s first flight segment must begin no earlier than August 6, 2021 to be eligible.

A Trip does not need to be completed prior to the end of the Promotion Period to qualify, but a United or United Express flight segment must be completed within the Promotion Period for the Trip to be eligible.

Booking date is not a determining factor on whether a trip is eligible for a PQP bonus; Trips booked before the beginning of the Promotion Period that are otherwise eligible will qualify for this offer.
David

spartacusmcfly Aug 6, 2021 11:31 am

Originally Posted by MA_ORD (Post 33469673)
Hi Thanks for this info. With the fly to the finish offer do I need to fly an additional 10 segments + 2700 PQP or 3000 PQP during the promotion period on top of what I already have?

Yes, between Aug 6 - Nov 30.

UA Insider Aug 6, 2021 11:33 am

Originally Posted by alwaysflyingLA (Post 33469661)
Then foreign members are unable to take advantage of this offer?

Hi alwaysflyingLA – one of the two offers is available to all MileagePlus members and they are for United or United Express flights.

Ord Liza Aug 6, 2021 11:34 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 33469642)
For Premiers who have not yet requalified, if the member has met minimum segments requirements and is only 1 trip-based Breakout Bonus away from requalifying, we placed them in the Breakout Bonus challenge. Because you are more than 1 Breakout Bonus from requalifying (>350 PQP), you’re enrolled in the Fly to the Finish challenge. Completely understand that you’re closer to the annual requirement, though, and there’s some good news for you there – per the terms of our Fly to the Finish offer, if you’re enrolled in the challenge and meet annual requirements for the status you had on July 27, 2021 before November 30th, you’ll also be eligible for trip-based PQP bonuses under our Breakout Bonus offer after the challenge closes! Since you’re closer to reaching Silver, those bonuses could help you reach Gold before the end of the year.

So even though the terms say we are eligible for the trip-based PQP bonuses after the challenge closes if we don't meet the Fly to the Finish challenge, you are saying that we also receive the trip-based PQP bonuses if we are enrolled in the Fly to the Finish challenge and DO meet the annual requirements for the status held on 7/27/21?

alwaysflyingLA Aug 6, 2021 11:35 am

Originally Posted by kevflyer (Post 33469676)
So basically 2,600 PQP with no PQF if already received the 400 PQP from yesterday?

What about earlier PQP activity (like from the Q2 1,500 PQP bonus) those wont apply here right?

Yes, the corporate starter counts in this promo.
Earlier activities do not count: The “Promotion Period” is August 6, 2021 – November 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM local time.

exp Aug 6, 2021 11:35 am

OK, I'm in the middle of an award flight trip now. I don't know if I can have it count retroactively? The outbound was July 26.

I have another flight at the end of August, which should get me the PQPs I need to re-qualify for Gold -- I won't meet the PQF threshold but would probably meet the higher PQP threshold.

HOWEVER:

I will fall one flight short of the 4 UA-operated segments.

So do either of these promos waive the 4 segment requirement?

Because I wouldn't be able to fly until October and who knows what the restrictions will be then. There could be another wave and travel gets shut down.

rankourabu Aug 6, 2021 11:36 am

Originally Posted by yyzprincess (Post 33469664)
Checked with MP. 3000PQP on United flights only.

Dealbreaker for intl elites :( And it doesnt specify that on the T&Cs...
So I guess my excitement is over, and will just qualify for Gold this year and status match away from United.

I do like how the retain offer (3000 PQP) doesnt apply to people who havent flown at all this year, and do not have a single PQF.

TomMM Aug 6, 2021 11:36 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 33469729)
Hi alwaysflyingLA – one of the two offers is available to all MileagePlus members and they are for United or United Express flights.

So if I fly ORD-FRA(UA) FRA-NBO(LH) on a UA ticket how will the PQP be calculated?