FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2048948-3rd-promotion-year-chance-requalify-premier-status-reach-higher-level.html)

TomMM Aug 6, 2021 10:45 am

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer (Post 33469536)
It is straightforward - if you are going to get bonus PQP via an award flight it must be miles from your account - and you must fly the route (as opposed to a friend/family member)

Guess I wasn't aware that an award flight was eligible for bonus PQPs.

Never mind. I see it now.

Kacee Aug 6, 2021 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 33469531)
K fare roundtrip in September between NYC and LAX - $212 all-in. Open PZ spaces.

I think we're starting to see Delta affect demand. Prices have been dropping for tickets I've already bought.

HNLbasedFlyer Aug 6, 2021 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 33469542)
Similar for me - I currently need 2276 PQP to requalify and the 1K promo offer requires either 2700 or 3000. So I'll requalify organically before I hit the promo thresholds.

Getting the 2276 will be far easier with the breakout bonus - a 1K gets 1,500 PQP bonus on flight #1

bbmatt Aug 6, 2021 10:52 am

Same for me in situation, my fly to the finish numbers are higher than my remaining requalification, can we opt out and just do the breakout bonus lol?

this is the most confusing promo ever, especially combined with the corporate one that's personalized, fly to the finish.
How i'm reading this: if you don't the corp fly to the finish you get the breakout bonus, and also united will count 1 award PQF out of the total flights?

Kacee Aug 6, 2021 10:52 am

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer (Post 33469559)
Getting the 2276 will be far easier with the breakout bonus - a 1K gets 1,500 PQP bonus on flight #1

The breakout bonus only applies if you've already requalified. So it doesn't help with requalification at all, just with earning additional PlusPoints.

dmurphynj Aug 6, 2021 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 33469419)
I got the same. Which would put me at either 30 PQF and 15,424 PQP or 15,724 PQP.

Obviously these are not customized based on current PQP.

Got it - sorry, I thought you meant it was telling you that you needed an *additional* 30 PQF's which is why I thought it was some kind of bug or glitch.

But otherwise, no - I think it's just a flat 10/2700 or 3000 (no pqf's) across the board for anyone who's 1500+ pqp's away from 1K. Sorry - sounds like you've got enough flown already for this to be not worth much. For me, I've got 8652 PQP's right now, so only needing 3000 more takes the edge off.

Hey, look, if they just said "Fine, we'll let you use FlexPQP's for 1K status this time" - I'd just drain the bank and use those. But no such luck ...

RobOnLI Aug 6, 2021 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Doppy (Post 33469466)
Curious what people who already requalified for 1K are getting as offers

Not sure what's to be curious about. If you're already 1K and requalified for it next year we get nothing but the "Breakout Bonus" offer. That's it. And that's all I'm eligible for.

So I'm basically getting free 2250 PQP. All that does is give me another free 20 PlusPoints which are as useless as CPU most days.

Call me utterly unimpressed because for those of us who are still out there being "road warriors" then we should be the ones reaping the perks and benefits...not seeing swollen ranks of elites.

-RM

bjdj94 Aug 6, 2021 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 33469569)
The breakout bonus only applies if you've already requalified. So it doesn't help with requalification at all, just with earning additional PlusPoints.

Don’t worry, if you fly on United or United Express during the promotion period but don't meet your challenge requirements, we will still award you up to 3 PQP bonuses as mentioned in our Breakout Bonus offer.”

You can also earn the Breakout Bonus if you fail your challenge. But if you complete your challenge, you get nothing.

spartacusmcfly Aug 6, 2021 10:57 am

I think this Aug-Nov promotion can be summed up as follows for 1K requal:

1. If you spend $3K, they'll give you 1K.
2. If you only spend a few hundred dollars on three flights they'll still give you roughly 3K PQP. (your few hundred PQPs + the 2250 PQP bonus)
3. They've effectively removed the PQF burden from the program for this year!!!

#3 is key for many folks!

fatlasercat Aug 6, 2021 10:58 am

If you go to the terms and conditions there is a list of convoluted points explaining what applies when. Quick reading suggests that breakout bonus applies if you don't meet the challenge, but they'll wait until the end of the challenge period to see if you met it or not. Also, if you qualify by reaching the regular (already reduced) threshold then the breakout bonus starts applying as well.

I think the reason they had to define the rules in a so confusing way is to make sure that the breakout bonuses don't help you to meet the challenge.

JAaronT Aug 6, 2021 10:58 am

The terms of the Fly to the Finish say that you'll get the Breakout Bonus PQPs at the end of Fly to the Finish if you don't finish the Fly to the Finish qualifications within the Fly to the Finish promotional period.

Can’t meet the challenge? Don’t worry – we’ve got your back!

Premier members eligible for the Fly to the Finish challenge who don't meet the requirements will be eligible to earn trip bonuses for PQP-eligible trips on United or United Express taken within the promotional period after the challenge period is over. You’ll earn 1,500 bonus PQP on your first trip, 375 on your second and 375 on your third. For this promotion only, an award trip can count toward one of the three eligible PQP trip bonuses. Breakout Bonus terms apply.

TomMM Aug 6, 2021 10:59 am

This is what's confusing me:

Can’t meet the challenge? Don’t worry – we’ve got your back!Premier members eligible for the Fly to the Finish challenge who don't meet the requirements will be eligible to earn trip bonuses for PQP-eligible trips on United or United Express taken within the promotional period after the challenge period is over. You’ll earn 1,500 bonus PQP on your first trip, 375 on your second and 375 on your third. For this promotion only, an award trip can count toward one of the three eligible PQP trip bonuses. Breakout Bonus terms apply.

uastarflyer Aug 6, 2021 11:00 am

My promo PQP to retain 1K is a bit over half what I would need without the promo. So it’s definitely a discount. I need close to $6k normally, but due to the promo I now only need $3k

Also they confirmed the corporate deposit on the login page

Plus: Because of your company’s affiliation with United, you’ll get a head start with 400 bonus PQP deposited into your account.

FoxFlyer Aug 6, 2021 11:02 am

Excited about this... I have an upcoming trip to Europe on LX (P and D fare) which will net me close to 2700 PQPs, so I'll only need 300 more to requalify for 1K versus the additional 2000 PQPs I thought I needed by years end. Every bit counts!

oopl Aug 6, 2021 11:03 am

Yea that's the tricky part. We don't get to choose.