Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
united.com/preordermeals

Generally available on all flights (including widebodies) over 900 miles except Premium Transcon (EWR<>SFO/LAX)

Pre-order has priority on the flight even about GS/1K and while originally pre-order was limited to a portion of each inflight choice, recent reports pre-order can consume the entire flight's allocation of a particular offering.

archive thread: UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks {Archive}

Print Wikipost

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
6/29 Naples - EWR widebody, pre-order available. Same as my last LAX-IAD WB flight earlier this month. So getting more consistent there.

Same "out of stock" issue with anything but snacks.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Flight on 06/30 - 5 days in advance, I received the following e-mail a few minutes ago:
Cool. So I click the link. Y'all know what's next:
Incroyable!

Not.

David
CorSter and Kacee like this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by DELee
Flight on 06/30 - 5 days in advance, I received the following e-mail a few minutes ago:

Cool. So I click the link. Y'all know what's next:

Incroyable!

Not.

David
Had the same issue with preorder on my CLE-MCO flight this week and I waited about 15 minutes after the "preorder window is closed" message, clicked the "deep link" again and it took me to the ordering page. Just for laughs I tried typing in the united.com/preordersnacks&beverages as shown but of course that's not a valid URL. Internet web developer 101, you can't put ampersands in a URL like that.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Two recent domestic data points:
1) flight delayed 90 minutes and no meals loaded. Just snack boxes and no proactive apology. I complained and received $50 travel credit
2) Breakfast pre-order not loaded so had another egg dish. Flight attendant was confused on vegetarian... was concerned there was cheese in the dish but not sausage
Old Jun 26, 2023, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paule123
Had the same issue with preorder on my CLE-MCO flight this week and I waited about 15 minutes after the "preorder window is closed" message, clicked the "deep link" again and it took me to the ordering page. Just for laughs I tried typing in the united.com/preordersnacks&beverages as shown but of course that's not a valid URL. Internet web developer 101, you can't put ampersands in a URL like that.
Ok. 3rd try and, as you indicated, voila! - I now can choose _some_ refreshments and items. Not able to pick any of the Bistro items - I can order up to 16 of the strawberry bites, Korean BBQ jerky and watermelon gummies or up to 4 of the snack boxes but no cheese plate, everything bun burger or cacio e pepe rigatonii.

David
Old Jun 26, 2023, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Incroyable!
They're just messing with you.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
They're just messing with you.
So I gathered (or at least tried to).

Flying DL to FL in the AM. Let's see how they handle inflight Y food. And, no "pre-order" was offered for those flights.

David
Old Jun 27, 2023, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I gathered (or at least tried to).

Flying DL to FL in the AM. Let's see how they handle inflight Y food. And, no "pre-order" was offered for those flights.

David
Unless flight is over 1500 miles, options will be limited to pre-packaged snacks in Y on DL.
https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...ight-fuel-menu
Old Jun 27, 2023, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xliioper
Unless flight is over 1500 miles, options will be limited to pre-packaged snacks in Y on DL.
https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...ight-fuel-menu
Understood. LAX-ATL is the main leg at 1946 miles and has some fresh items (https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...ight-fuel-menu). Aircraft is an A350 so DL uses the inflight entertainment system to have you open up the above web site with a QR code. Sitting in Comfort+ so drinks are free but the Fresh Flight Fuel isn’t.

All that being said, I do like that on UA, you can actually receive a breakfast item. Not in the mood for a chicken salad croissant sandwich nor fruit and cheese plate right now. Snack boxes are also available but at least DL didn’t force me to preorder their boxes and fail in the order.

David
Old Jun 27, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Used pre order for first time and won't again. I was half dosing off when the cart came by and they never delivered anything to either myself or my wife. When we realized what had happened and asked for our orders they were out of what we ordered (except for the booze). So they supposedly canceled the order and issued refund, I have yet to see it but it has only been a couple days and to be honest haven't checked. The bottom line is the system is far from flawless and in general the offerings are pretty poor. JMHO
Old Jun 27, 2023, 6:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nomad420
... So they supposedly canceled the order and issued refund, I have yet to see it but it has only been a couple days and to be honest haven't checked. ....
IME it is the other way, you are not charged until you receive the meal. That avoids the problem of undelivered pre-orders.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Preorder options MCO-CLE this weekend:

Got the "preorder window is closed" message on the first click of the preorder email. Refreshed the page and the order options appeared. UA IT needs to do some work on that...

I'm gonna roll the dice on the cheeseburger. Haven't tried that one yet.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by paule123
Preorder options MCO-CLE this weekend:

Got the "preorder window is closed" message on the first click of the preorder email. Refreshed the page and the order options appeared. UA IT needs to do some work on that...

I'm gonna roll the dice on the cheeseburger. Haven't tried that one yet.
See how the fries are. I am genuinely interested in how they are prepared considering only UA is offering such a meal that way.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Longboater
See how the fries are. I am genuinely interested in how they are prepared considering only UA is offering such a meal that way.
Saw some pics/reports on a different thread. Keep expectations low.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 6:33 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I got preorder for upcoming SIN-SFO flight, posted in 2023 Let’s Eat - Polaris business

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.