Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
united.com/preordermeals

Generally available on all flights (including widebodies) over 900 miles except Premium Transcon (EWR<>SFO/LAX)

Pre-order has priority on the flight even about GS/1K and while originally pre-order was limited to a portion of each inflight choice, recent reports pre-order can consume the entire flight's allocation of a particular offering.

archive thread: UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks {Archive}

Print Wikipost

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2023, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mfirst
I have an upcoming ogg-den
I got the email yesterday to select my choices and even though still 36 hours out I got the same error message. Maybe they are sensing that something hasn’t been working and they are updating their system based upon what appears to be something that fundamentally has not been working for anybody as we have seen.
Maybe they should just can this "benefit" until they can figure out how to execute? The few times I've been able to pre-order , the meal wasn't loaded and I was told "All we have left is..."

It would be better to discontinue the service than repeatedly fail in the execution IMO
goodeats21 and segiddins like this.
Old May 31, 2023, 1:02 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Looking forward to the UA announcement that "due to supply chain issues", they are suspending pre-order until further notice. Supply chain is being blamed for everything from global warming to the debt ceiling. UA is not remotely alone in this misplaced blame game.
Old May 31, 2023, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by limey1K
Maybe they should just can this "benefit" until they can figure out how to execute? The few times I've been able to pre-order , the meal wasn't loaded and I was told "All we have left is..."

It would be better to discontinue the service than repeatedly fail in the execution IMO
More than I and everyone else who's tried to pre-order and failed would certainly agree. Wonder if UA IT has forgotten how to turn off this "service" offering.

David
Old May 31, 2023, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I was able to pre-order for my upcoming flight on Saturday. Will see if it actually is loaded.
CVG->DEN

Received the confirmation email as well.

Old May 31, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Looking forward to the UA announcement that "due to supply chain issues", they are suspending pre-order until further notice. Supply chain is being blamed for everything from global warming to the debt ceiling. UA is not remotely alone in this misplaced blame game.
Or, “due to customer feedback..”
Old May 31, 2023, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I was able to pre-order for my upcoming flight on Saturday. Will see if it actually is loaded.
CVG->DEN

Received the confirmation email as well.

So I didn't know what "shashuka" is, Wiki told me "Shakshouka is a Maghrebi dish". and then I had to Wiki Maghrebi :-)

You have to feel for the poor FA's that are trying to described these unique offerings to the flying public!
Old May 31, 2023, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by limey1K
So I didn't know what "shashuka" is, Wiki told me "Shakshouka is a Maghrebi dish". and then I had to Wiki Maghrebi :-)

You have to feel for the poor FA's that are trying to described these unique offerings to the flying public!
My last breakfast FA described it to someone else as "eggs Shaka Zulu". 😂 No judgement here, but in his position I think I'd just stick to saying "egg bites with tomato sauce". 😆
SPN Lifer and limey1K like this.
Old May 31, 2023, 6:10 pm

Did not receive an email to pre-order for my SFO–SAT flight on Sunday but the option was in the app yesterday. After making my selection, the system did generate a confirmation email. My meal choice also shows on the site. I've had 100% success when preorder was offered previously. Hopefully the same will hold since I don't eat red meat or poultry and the current menu has gone super meat heavy.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
My last breakfast FA described it to someone else as "eggs Shaka Zulu". 😂 No judgement here, but in his position I think I'd just stick to saying "egg bites with tomato sauce". 😆
But does the FA get the same description of the actual meal or has to rely on a poorly printed label attached to colored aluminum foil that reads "sh sh a" because its folded and glued in on itself?

David
Old Jun 1, 2023, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
But does the FA get the same description of the actual meal or has to rely on a poorly printed label attached to colored aluminum foil that reads "sh sh a" because its folded and glued in on itself?

David
They should get a printout for the dishes I believe, and I believe it's been reported that there's a way to look it up in the phone although most don't know where to find that. But if it is only the foil label then I suppose he might've been choosing between "sh sh a" and "eg to a auc" for the descriptor — tough job!
DELee likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by fumje
They should get a printout for the dishes I believe, and I believe it's been reported that there's a way to look it up in the phone although most don't know where to find that. But if it is only the foil label then I suppose he might've been choosing between "sh sh a" and "eg to a auc" for the descriptor — tough job!
Only in Wales...
limey1K likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I am traveling Sunday LAX-EWR-TLV in Polaris. Never received any email from United allowing me to pre-order meals. Have checked the reservation link daily within the 5 day window to see if a link for meal ordering appeared but no luck. Traveling half way around the world including a Polaris segment and thus expected to have this benefit. Any one else having a similar issue?
Old Jun 2, 2023, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Only in Wales...
Haha! Literal lol.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Only in Wales...
Per Google Translator: mae hynny'n ddoniol

David
Old Jun 2, 2023, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Per Google Translator: mae hynny'n ddoniol

David
Succinct description of the standard for UA's food service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.