Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
united.com/preordermeals

Generally available on all flights (including widebodies) over 900 miles except Premium Transcon (EWR<>SFO/LAX)

Pre-order has priority on the flight even about GS/1K and while originally pre-order was limited to a portion of each inflight choice, recent reports pre-order can consume the entire flight's allocation of a particular offering.

archive thread: UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks {Archive}

Print Wikipost

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2023, 11:17 am

Got the mail re: preorder, tried asking for AVML (SFO-SIN, Polaris), failed with "we couldn't complete your request. Please try again later".

Had to call in to confirm they have the request made at booking.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by narvik
Likely that United just provisions ~16 meals each of the three choices on a 789 (for instance)
It's actually worse than that, because they don't provision equally - there may be 5 salmon, 10 pasta, and 33 short rib.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Flying single-aisle coach (probably) HNL-SFO Thursday morning. Pre-order snack items / booze shown, but not Bistro on Board. BoB used to show up, but frequently or always ex-HNL (paraphrasing) "not available for pre-order but may be available on flight". Which they were. Maybe UA's solution to the problem was just to remove BoB altogether from pre-order page?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Flying single-aisle coach (probably) HNL-SFO Thursday morning. Pre-order snack items / booze shown, but not Bistro on Board. BoB used to show up, but frequently or always ex-HNL (paraphrasing) "not available for pre-order but may be available on flight". Which they were. Maybe UA's solution to the problem was just to remove BoB altogether from pre-order page?
I didn't see BoB as a pre-order option recently on SFO-OGG (widebody) either. Snacks only.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by econ
I didn't see BoB as a pre-order option recently on SFO-OGG (widebody) either. Snacks only.
I’ve never seen any fresh food items in Y as per-order - just snacks. Which makes it mostly useless.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 12:39 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
I'm confused. You're seeing pre-order on a domestic widebody? UA claimed that would start August 1, but I've not seen it on any of my last 5 flights since August 1.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
I'm confused. You're seeing pre-order on a domestic widebody?
That’s correct. To be clear, this was in Y.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 4:40 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
That’s correct. To be clear, this was in Y.
Ah thanks, got it. I didn't think it would take UA this long to bring pre-order to domestic wide-body service. This is not rocket science UA. You have the best mobile App in the industry, so clearly it has nothing to do with connectivity. It must be an inability/unwillingness to invest in the planning side of the process. Much easier to just "load 'em up and let the FA's sort out things at 35,000 feet". This is not what "good looks like".
Old Oct 6, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: UA MM
These sound delicious

FT say I must
enter at least five full words
to post this screenshot
kirkwoodj and chellion13 like this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 10:43 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by jd2000
FT say I must
enter at least five full words
to post this screenshot
No extra credit for haiku
Old Oct 7, 2023, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Was able to pre-order

We’re going EWR-FCO and got pre-order email on UA40 (787-10). It let us and friend pick food so now we’ll see if they actually load what we ordered. Choices look decent.

Old Oct 12, 2023, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Got my new edition burger today, but guy across the aisle didn’t get his glass noodle salad. Overheard lady behind me getting compensated for something, but it was ground staff who came aboard, so not necessarily food.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 7:54 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
goalie-parents are flying SFO-BWI on Tuesday, October 17th and received the pre-order e-mail this morning.

Forwarded it to me for choosing and I chose the Belgian waffle for goalie-dad and the ricotta filled crepe for goalie-mom*

*and now hoping to stay in the will
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
goalie-parents are flying SFO-BWI on Tuesday, October 17th and received the pre-order e-mail this morning.

Forwarded it to me for choosing and I chose the Belgian waffle for goalie-dad and the ricotta filled crepe for goalie-mom*

good luck mum & dad. And goalie
Old Oct 17, 2023, 7:55 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by goalie

Looks like I’m still in the will-barely but still in the will
exerda and IndyHoosier like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.