Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
united.com/preordermeals

Generally available on all flights (including widebodies) over 900 miles except Premium Transcon (EWR<>SFO/LAX)

Pre-order has priority on the flight even about GS/1K and while originally pre-order was limited to a portion of each inflight choice, recent reports pre-order can consume the entire flight's allocation of a particular offering.

archive thread: UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks {Archive}

Print Wikipost

UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2023, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Longboater
See how the fries are. I am genuinely interested in how they are prepared considering only UA is offering such a meal that way.
I had it last month. They were o.k. considering the circumstances. I ate maybe 1/2 of them.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
I pre-ordered my meal using the United app. But when I look at the details for my reservation, it says "check with operating airline" for meal
Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
I pre-ordered my meal using the United app. But when I look at the details for my reservation, it says "check with operating airline" for meal
Is/was your flight on UA metal or another airline? Could be a MOLA (mistaken or lying app)?

David
Old Jul 3, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
I've never gotten a preordered a meal before because they've always failed to load it. Ofcourse my CPU rate is so low lately, I guess it's a small sample size.
I'm wondering if I should bother selecting a meal for my upcoming flight. After all, GS/1K get first choice anyways.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 6:38 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eng3
I've never gotten a preordered a meal before because they've always failed to load it. Ofcourse my CPU rate is so low lately, I guess it's a small sample size.
I'm wondering if I should bother selecting a meal for my upcoming flight. After all, GS/1K get first choice anyways.
still preorder since there’s less choices onboard.

hopefully the preorder is actually loaded.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
…After all, GS/1K get first choice anyways.
Pre-orders are supposed to get their ordered choice first. GS/1Ks get first choice of what’s left. The risk of not ordering is a higher percentage of GS/1Ks (due to last minute purchases or upgrades) fighting over a smaller set of (still) proportioned meal choices. You still increase your odds of getting what you want if you pre-order. There’s no downside to pre-order (even if it doesn’t work out), so why not?

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jul 3, 2023 at 8:22 pm Reason: speling
Old Jul 3, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
IME it is the other way, you are not charged until you receive the meal. That avoids the problem of undelivered pre-orders.
Probably what happened as I never saw a charge and obviously never saw a credit.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
what about Hawaii and Guam widebodies? Is preorder also available for those?
Old Jul 3, 2023, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Pre-order was available for an upcoming FRA-EWR flight later this week:

Old Jul 3, 2023, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Longboater
See how the fries are. I am genuinely interested in how they are prepared considering only UA is offering such a meal that way.
CX has offered a burger with fries for many years.

They do a good job. I wouldn't expect much from UA.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
...After all, GS/1K get first choice anyways.
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Pre-orders are supposed to get their ordered choice first. GS/1Ks get first choice of what’s left. The risk of not ordering is a higher percentage of GS/1Ks (due to last minute purchases or upgrades) fighting over a smaller set of (still) proportioned meal choices. You still increase your odds of gettting what you want if you pre-order. There’s no downside to pre-order (even if it doesn’t work out), so why not?
Reinforcing this message as well. Preorders will actually take precedence over GS/1K, so the operational goal is to always deliver pre-order meals to those that did that and then to deliver from the remaining inventory with GS/1K having priority over what is left.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Preordered the lemon roasted chicken thigh for my wife and myself for lunch on today's PBI-EWR flight. Got tandoori chicken.
Definitely not to our liking.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
what about Hawaii and Guam widebodies? Is preorder also available for those?
​​​​​​I'm flying to OGG from SFO this weekend in E+ and got the preorder email on a widebody today.
Unitedloyalflyer likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 3:50 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Out of Stock

Flying AMS IAH Friday and the short rib and chicken are out of stock. Lol.

Anyone else see this?
Old Jul 4, 2023, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Got preorder emails 5 days before transcon flights. Everything except crappo snack boxes are "out of stock". Useless. Will plan to stock up at Amex lounge, UC and/or PP restaurants instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.