Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
By 2023, UA has returned to the more traditional pre-COVID schedule update process. There are still some closer in changes but far less than during the COVID era.

UA publishes a schedule for 330 days in advance (called Beginning of Schedule) and in the past would make tweaks quarterly and things would be fairly settles 3-4 months out. Updates would occur Friday evening / Saturday morning (Chicago time). Routine additions could occur anytime.

Present updates are every Friday and sometimes mid-week usually focused on the next month and farther out.
Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

20 Oct 2021
Originally Posted by EWR764
In the earnings call today, UA noted that has been transitioning back to its 'normal' (pre-pandemic) 90-day schedule load process, which should be complete in the very near future.
However, during the COVID era, UA has gone to a more dynamic and shorter-term setting of schedule (as has the other carriers). Presently UA, while UA is still publishing a schedule for 330 days in advance it reflects pre-COVID operational levels and is considered just a placeholder schedule. Then 3-5 weeks prior to a month, UA makes a major update of that month's schedule.

Examples (Major updates)
The October 2020 schedule was updated 4-5 September 2020
The November 2020 schedule was updated 2-3 October 2020
The December 2020 schedule was updated 30-31 October 2020
Holidays can move the major date a week earlier or later.
Weekly updates are still generally done over night Friday-Saturday (Chicago)

UA does not publish a summary of most schedule changes but a variety of sources below do and summaries / links of those sources can be found in this thread & wiki.

Always crosscheck with UA's Travel Notices , Coronavirus (COVID-19) travel waivers and information, www.united.com/coronavirus as the situation is dynamic

Other Resources and Statistics
Archive: COVID19 UA-Schedule {Archive}
new Archive : UA-Schedule changes {Archive}
Print Wikipost

UA System Schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2024, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Schedule changes just loaded/in progress for fall, including Thanksgiving period.
Larrude, SPN Lifer and VRFast like this.
Old May 11, 2024, 1:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
Thank you - I found changes to outbound and return on a trip in Oct/November. The return was no big deal, but the outbound cut the connection to short for me ( mobility issue - I walk much slower than I had just two years ago), so I made a change to a different connecting airport with a little more time
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by Larrude; May 19, 2024 at 10:04 am
Old May 12, 2024, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Pretty minor changes last week for me. Was surprised to already get changes for Feb 2025 bookings, the October changes were expected.
Old May 13, 2024, 9:20 am

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by cfischer
Pretty minor changes last week for me. Was surprised to already get changes for Feb 2025 bookings, the October changes were expected.
Yeah I got some for October
Old May 14, 2024, 5:27 pm

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, but with a recent schedule change (maybe last week's?) it looks like UA is going to 3x daily LAX-BOS for the first time since ~2019 IIRC. Morning, noon, and redeye departures eastbound; and 2x morning and evening departures westbound. All on 7M9 until the winter schedule begins in late October, at which point it (tentatively) switches to 2x 752 and 1x 7M9. Wish they'd do a noon westbound to space out the schedule a bit more, but overall the frequency add is a win.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 19, 2024, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dkc192
I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, but with a recent schedule change (maybe last week's?) it looks like UA is going to 3x daily LAX-BOS for the first time since ~2019 IIRC. Morning, noon, and redeye departures eastbound; and 2x morning and evening departures westbound. All on 7M9 until the winter schedule begins in late October, at which point it (tentatively) switches to 2x 752 and 1x 7M9. Wish they'd do a noon westbound to space out the schedule a bit more, but overall the frequency add is a win.
unless the 752s are coming back, which is far from certain, I doubt this will benefit UA a lot. Competition on this route is fierce and others are running better and more frequent operations. This was reported in the BOS-SFO/LAX thread. Lets see if the 752s are coming back
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 19, 2024, 2:06 pm

I think I wrote in that thread or elsewhere that BOS-LAX and maybe BOS-SFO were reliably 100% 752 last winter and maybe the prior one, when the 752s are freed up from summer TATL flying. That's not very useful for half or more of the year, but it's not nothing.
Old May 23, 2024, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Head up that United has had a number of schedule changes tonight (which is out of sync with the usual Wed/Fri Sched Changes). Out of the 6 reservations that I have between Nov 2024 and Feb 2025, 4 of them have had schedule changes and/or flights have been cancelled. On 2 cases they were outright cancelled flights, with re booking where new flight arrived at hub after the connecting flight has departed.
Old May 23, 2024, 9:45 pm

Oh, that's certainly interesting. Maybe last night's schedule upload was delayed by a day. Were they short-haul, long-haul, or a mix?
Old May 23, 2024, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Oh, that's certainly interesting. Maybe last night's schedule upload was delayed by a day. Were they short-haul, long-haul, or a mix?
Mostly short haul this round (domestic, Canada, and Central America), last week there were some longhaul winter schedule changes on my other reservations (ie. AKL-LAX was cancelled)
Old May 24, 2024, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, some pretty big changes last night. YVR-DEN is now a lot of AC codeshare and afternoon/evening flights are gone. We were re-routed via SFO on 10/27 with the red-eye still sowing a 752 - first day they are showing 752. Not convinced that will stay, but Ill otherwise take YVR-SFO-BOS; nothing wrong with a lie-flat
Had some other changed including LH changed for W24/25, so likely a larger *A schedule update
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 24, 2024, 11:37 am

YVR-DEN has a redeye on a 752? Or are you talking about SFO-BOS?
Old May 24, 2024, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

YVR-DEN has a redeye on a 752? Or are you talking about SFO-BOS?
We were originally on a DEN red-eye but YVR-DEN has been severely cut, so now via SFO on a 752
Old May 24, 2024, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Schedule change for YVR-LAX March 2025 this morning. Only around 45 minutes, but enough to trigger the "free change" option.
cfischer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.