Wiki Posts
Search

UA-Schedule changes {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
UA-Schedule changes

UA added a couple routes late last week - believe they are mostly a summer start:

-SFO-MKE
-LAX/SFO/DEN-SMX
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:26 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
For those who wished........YOW-ORD is back

https://obj.ca/article/ottawa-airpor...ice-set-resume
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:56 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by Heffeh41

I fly the E175 for Expressjet, looks like I will have YOW on my schedule many times in March! Never been, but lots of 24-36 hour overnights so will look forward to exploring.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Heffeh41

Awesome! Now, if we could just get back MAN. How is it possible this route was served by two airlines simultaneously for decades and now nothing?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
UA-Schedule changes

Originally Posted by dkc192
I guess BOS-SFO going all 737 is no longer "terrifying"? Or do you just not have one of those flights booked in April?
Originally Posted by LifetimeGS
Oh BOS-SFO on any variant of 73 is terrifying. My only SFO in April is BOS-EWR-SFO
Originally Posted by cfischer
Oh, I saw that coming So no ... too bad for UA ... no BOS-SFO
Hey, at least there's a 752 flying the red eye SFO-BOS and the mid-day BOS-SFO right now. LAX-BOS-LAX are only 7M9s.

David
Old Dec 19, 2021, 9:05 pm

Stupid question because I usually fly AA, but are the widebody routes listed for March going to remain in place, or is there a good chance UA swaps equipments? I'm flying ORD-SFO on AA but thinking of changing my trip to UA to avoid the 737 and hopefully get a lie flat seat (UA showing 757 right now).
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
Yeah I misspoke because AA only has lie-flats on widebodies.
AA A321T (narrow body) has lie flat first and business class seats.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, United Gold, Qantas Gold
United summer 2022 schedule?

Hi all,
Trying to book Premium Economy United flights from EWR-MEL for late August. Unfortunately, the website is still showing the old 789 configuration on that route. The CEO has confirmed that all 789 will be refurbished with the new interior by June. So, wondering when United will update the Summer schedule with the new configuration. A also doubt that theyll have two daily flights to MEL (SFO,LAX).
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
The August schedule will probably be updated around June.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Even though they're planning on all planes to be P+/Polaris equipped by then, the seat maps are based off of the number of planes now that are P+/Polaris equipped. They do this to avoid having to downgrade people if for some reason the project doesn't get completed on time. Mrs. and I have a vacation EWR-IAH-SYD, and MEL-LAX-EWR in late July/early August, well after they expect completion of the project, but just like in your case, they still show the old seat maps. I'm really hoping that the seat maps change over early enough that we can choose desirable seats once our current selection gets thrown out the door. Honestly, since they can't commit to P+ on all 789 flights until 100% of in service now Polaris/P+ equipped, Australia flights make sense to be the ones to leave with the old seat maps, due to the uncertainty of the future of those flights.

Currently there are 9 old-birds left in service, soon to be 7, and that number should be down to 4 by the end of March, so maybe we'll see some action then.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

newyorkaviation Welome to FT
Originally Posted by newyorkaviation
Trying to book Premium Economy United flights from EWR-MEL for late August. Unfortunately, the website is still showing the old 789 configuration on that route. The CEO has confirmed that all 789 will be refurbished with the new interior by June. So, wondering when United will update the Summer schedule with the new configuration. A also doubt that theyll have two daily flights to MEL (SFO,LAX).
In these times so far out any aircraft type and schedule is just a hope by the airline. Not a 100% certainty.
You may also need to consider SYD.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:28 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I have a flight booked for July and was surprised at the old 2-2-2 configuration so very glad to read this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 5:14 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
March 24th - May 5th updating at the moment. Had a 175 turn into a 170, and a few mins gained and lost on a couple itineraries.

For the last several months, this second major update meant the schedule was relatively firm, but I’d expect more changes as Omicron ebbs and flows…Recent updates (Wednesday, 2 days ago) removed even January flights from the schedule.

Good luck and may your 737s become 767s!
Old Jan 14, 2022, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
April schedule changes loading. Got a few domestic changes; some more some less disruptive.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Good luck and may your 737s become 767s!
Wonderful New Years wish!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.