Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No email notification of upgrades or schedule changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2023, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

No email notification of upgrades or schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I just got my first upgrade email in forever, (for a flight four days out).

The funny thing is, the email greeting was “High five, dinoscool3!”
Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
the email greeting was “High five, dinoscool3!”
That's what happens when you hire teenagers to run your IT. Did it actually use dinoscool3, or did they use your real name?
chavala likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
That's what happens when you hire teenagers to run your IT. Did it actually use dinoscool3, or did they use your real name?
Sometimes I think some focused teenagers might do better.
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Real name, I hope UA doesn’t’t know my FT handle
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Real name, I hope UA doesn’t’t know my FT handle
They very well might! It seems to me they watch these forums pretty closely, even if they don't fix any of the things we complain about.
dinoscool3 and Kacee like this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
I got the "High five" for an early morning flight, but I didn't get an email when my flight was delayed because the incoming flight the night before was late and crew rest requirements. No email when I was rebooked on a CRJ-200.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Old Gold
No email when I was rebooked on a CRJ-200.
No five?

David
Old Nov 30, 2019, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I'm glad it's not just me. But thankfully no high five email either.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I never get emails from UA about anything, But today I got this:

Sometimes bad things happen to good travel plans!
As you may have heard, we're expecting rain and strong winds throughout the Bay Area tomorrow (December 1st). We know this storm was not part of your travel plans, so we're going to do our very best to get you where you need to go safely.
Be sure to give yourself extra time getting to and from the airport, and if your travel plans are flexible, you may want to consider flying on a different day or connecting in a different hub. The good news is that we'll waive all the change fees, so visit the United app or united.com to check out our alternate options.
Thanks for choosing United!

LOL.
Thanks for telling me United. Except, I’m not travelling on December 1!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 1:34 pm

I've had this same experience with a couple tickets recently and it's ridiculously frustrating. One ticket, a flight from Europe back to the US, had a massive change made to it. It was a direct flight, but now it's connecting in EWR. And the total change was over 6 hours. It leaves several hours earlier and arrives several hours later. United never told me about this change. I only noticed it when I happened to login to my account. When I complained to United about it, the agent said that there was no "Travel Contact Data" on my PNR and that may be why I didn't get any notification. She added it to that PNR so hopefully when it changes again (because I'm sure it will) then I'll get notified.

Separately, a ticket I just booked the other day SFO-BOS also had a schedule change, leaving about 2 hours earlier than it was scheduled. That's fine, but still, when a change happens, United should absolutely inform the customer about it.

Last edited by pmarcos; Apr 10, 2021 at 1:40 pm
Old Apr 10, 2021, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Interestingly, I got an Email from UA this week Monday early a.m. for the schedule change the weekend prior sending me my new itinerary. Just as it is supposed to be! Travel was booked on United.com last year.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I've had schedule changes for RIC-EWR-SFO (selected for PS service) into RIC-IAD-SFO, then SFO-EWR from 777-200 to 777-300 requiring acknowledgement that I only found out by checking my itinerary. The changes also required resubmitting Plus Points upgrades on the revised flights.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 3:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pmarcos
...That's fine, but still, when a change happens, United should absolutely inform the customer about it.
This is a re-occuring issue. UA has been adjusting schedules much more then preCOVID and tends to focus notification on those with near-term travel.

The missing contact information obviously is an issue -- are you using united.com to book or some other channel? If not booked via united.com, the notification should come from the other channel.

All that said, schedule change notification has long been a UA (and much of the industry) shortcoming.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
I have a flight in about a week, and received an email from UA about COVID policies etc. with a very bare-bones "itinerary" that listed only my departure date, and departure and destination airports, no flight numbers, no times. I then looked in the app and discovered the flight times had been changed in both directions (by almost an hour in one direction) with no notice whatsoever. If they can generate an email specific to my upcoming flight and successfully deliver it to me, why can't they manage to include the significantly changed flight details? Or otherwise notify me of the change in any way?
Old Sep 12, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Maykita
If they can generate an email specific to my upcoming flight and successfully deliver it to me, why can't they manage to include the significantly changed flight details? Or otherwise notify me of the change in any way?
They aren't required to do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.