Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No email notification of upgrades or schedule changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2023, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

No email notification of upgrades or schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:00 am

Well despite UAL telling me the problem about not getting notification of schedule changes was corrected, well it wasn't. I just checked the website and our YVR-ORD flight was changed to depart 40 later than before. No big deal really so I hope the lounge in YVR is nice. Looks like we have more time now. For now.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:39 am

And two weeks later the email arrived.
I accepted the changes right away so maybe if I dont then the email would come much sooner ?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Received three separate emails about three separate upgrades for my award flights (have the CC) but no email notification for the GPU flights that were upgraded in the last few weeks.

However, it was a bit of a different email format so thinking they have now an update of the notification.

Always happy to have the upgrade and the notification provided me the opportunity to select my preferred seats.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
No emails for me either.

I find out about a schedule change when I see the dreaded red text on the reservation.

Upgrades, never. Over the course of the last week I've had 2 of my 3 segments for next week clear - using up RPUs, if it matters - zero notification. If they'd TELL me, I have more time to move around my seats before the good ones all fill up, so I'm once again stuck in Row 1 with no ability to change.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by milepig
No emails for me either.

I find out about a schedule change when I see the dreaded red text on the reservation.

Upgrades, never. Over the course of the last week I've had 2 of my 3 segments for next week clear - using up RPUs, if it matters - zero notification. If they'd TELL me, I have more time to move around my seats before the good ones all fill up, so I'm once again stuck in Row 1 with no ability to change.
BIG +1

I am had the same experience over the past several months is not year. I had a huge schedule change on an international flight that I only stumbled across days after it was made. Same with upgrades, thought I wasn't upgraded only to find I was in Row 1 at T24 and no place to jump to. I don't get why this can't be"fixed".
Jacketwatch likes this.

Last edited by nomad420; Oct 31, 2019 at 11:56 am
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
I got the new ‘Woo Hoo’ message a few times over the summer, but since October no email when an upgrade clears. I liked getting them because I could then go select a seat. I also had one GPU clear recently that still showed ‘Upgrade requested’. I only thought it cleared because my Y seat was gone and I could only select a new seat in C. The reservation still showed ‘Upgrade requested’ for 5 days until I checked in and it finally switched to ‘Upgrade confirmed.’
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lotemblizej
I got the new ‘Woo Hoo’ message a few times over the summer, but since October no email when an upgrade clears. I liked getting them because I could then go select a seat. I also had one GPU clear recently that still showed ‘Upgrade requested’. I only thought it cleared because my Y seat was gone and I could only select a new seat in C. The reservation still showed ‘Upgrade requested’ for 5 days until I checked in and it finally switched to ‘Upgrade confirmed.’
What is with these new messages? woohoo? Come on.

“We’re just checking in - to tell you it’s time to check in!”
“We’ll see you soon!”
“Here we go! you’re flight is boarding”

All text messages I got today. What is this, Sesame Street?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I found out today I had a flight booked from ABQ-IAH that they changed from 5pm to noon. No notification, no red text, no option for me to decline it. But meanwhile if they move one of my other flights 10 minutes they alert me 5 different ways.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:37 am

So it seems there are many who have problems with notifications for upgrades and schedule changes. Wow. Why can't they fix this?
It was never this way before for me.
My friend OTOH still gets immediate updates even for minor schedule changes.
So just be vigilant. Keep checking the website.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milepig
No emails for me either.

And the Trifecta is complete - leg three cleared this morning with no notification, and now that I know to watch I was able to change 1A to 2A before someone else grabbed it.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy
I found out today I had a flight booked from ABQ-IAH that they changed from 5pm to noon. No notification, no red text, no option for me to decline it. But meanwhile if they move one of my other flights 10 minutes they alert me 5 different ways.
10 minutes? Heck - I've had to confirm a 1 minute schedule change. In one case I couldn't see any change whatsoever, so I called the 1K line and the agent couldn't see anything either so she just hit the "confirm change" button and the red message went away.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by chavala
What is with these new messages? woohoo? Come on.

“We’re just checking in - to tell you it’s time to check in!”
“We’ll see you soon!”
“Here we go! you’re flight is boarding”

All text messages I got today. What is this, Sesame Street?
Yes I get these too. Bit of overkill when I am already on the plane and I get the text telling me to Board, but I did sign up for notifications.

I actually think these texts should help the stragglers. Yesterday at SAN I heard paging for two different flights stating that doors were closing and luggage would be removed so presumably those pax did not receive the texts. I was not even at the airport that long.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
when is your flight? if it is a few months out. they probably won't bother for now. because they can easily change it again in a month or two.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Yes I get these too. Bit of overkill when I am already on the plane and I get the text telling me to Board, but I did sign up for notifications.

I actually think these texts should help the stragglers. Yesterday at SAN I heard paging for two different flights stating that doors were closing and luggage would be removed so presumably those pax did not receive the texts. I was not even at the airport that long.
I don’t mind the texts, it’s the wording. Just say “your flight is now boarding “ without the overly cheerful “Here we go!”.
I guess I’m just an old curmudgeon ; )
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Domestic portion of an overwater GPU cleared earlier this week and I didn't get an email. (The overwater portion cleared at booking.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.