Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No email notification of upgrades or schedule changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2023, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

No email notification of upgrades or schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
For whatever reason, UA does not consistently provide notification of schedule and/or reservation changes. Thus, the advice has for many years been "check your itineraries," to wit: Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

UA seems to know this is a problem but also doesn't seem to have much interest in fixing it. Likely too busy cutting service and gutting MP
muji likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 9:46 am

Thank you.
That seems to be likely.👍
Old Aug 24, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I haven't received a notification in years.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:17 am

The last time I got one, actually several was for a flight we took late 2017
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't receive change notification emails but see the changes in the app. Two months ago I had a 2 minute change and had to accept it on the app.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:24 am

I have a ticketed international flight that returns in December. Happened to look at the itinerary details the other day and discovered that one of the domestic return segments had been cancelled with a note to call reservations. No email or txt notification that this had happened.

Last edited by glbltvlr; Aug 24, 2019 at 12:46 pm
Old Aug 24, 2019, 1:51 pm

"We cannot determine the reason for you not to receive notifications, but this is an error on our end. We have passed along your concern to the appropriate team for possible improvements. ^JP"

So after speaking to two live agents and getting a basically useless reply per email I contacted UA on their fb page and they did reply promptly. See above.
Bottom line is I will keep checking their website periodically.
Thank you for the replies. It certainly seems this is a bit of a mess.
Larry.

Last edited by Jacketwatch; Aug 24, 2019 at 3:20 pm
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, WN A+
Jacketwatch,
In the past I have received most of the upgrade notification but not he schedule change emails. About four months ago I stopped getting any upgrade notifications via email. Just checked today on a flight for Monday evening and was upgraded again, but no email. I've had 15-20 other since then that I was not emailed on either.
Because I use the app, it is not a big deal. However if you are moved from a spot with under seat storage, to one that has none, it would be nice to know when it happens in case other options are available.
I try not to stay glued to a device, but the notifications were nice since I try to have an under seat place for my bag close by in case the overhead bins are full.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The corollary to no schedule change emails is, when a UA phone agent tells you that you will receive an emailed ETC for the residual ticket value after making an itinerary change, you will in fact receive nothing.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
The corollary to no schedule change emails is, when a UA phone agent tells you that you will receive an emailed ETC for the residual ticket value after making an itinerary change, you will in fact receive nothing.
I have a 50% success rate for ETC emails during the past 12 months!
Old Aug 24, 2019, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM

I have a 50% success rate for ETC emails during the past 12 months!
Wow. I think I got one once.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM
I don't receive change notification emails but see the changes in the app. Two months ago I had a 2 minute change and had to accept it on the app.
This is why I would prefer NOT to receive email notifications. Most schedule changes are a few minutes +- on the departure/arrival time. I am constantly checking all my itineraries (e.g. seat changes, upgrades).

I would have missed most of those emails anyway.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Repooc17
This is why I would prefer NOT to receive email notifications. Most schedule changes are a few minutes +- on the departure/arrival time. I am constantly checking all my itineraries (e.g. seat changes, upgrades).

I would have missed most of those emails anyway.
well, it depends ... 5 minute schedule change but lie-flat 752 changed to 739 . Absolutely time to call and no notification from UA.

Have not gotten notifications from UA in a year ... so for the first time I am happy with my work tickets because Amex sends a notice even for the most minor changes which allows me to check what is going on.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On my booking through work (AMEX), I never get the e-mails from UA. I think AMEX passes its e-mail to UA in the PNR and UA does not use what is in the MileagePlus account. On my personal bookings, I get them fine.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by username
On my booking through work (AMEX), I never get the e-mails from UA. I think AMEX passes its e-mail to UA in the PNR and UA does not use what is in the MileagePlus account. On my personal bookings, I get them fine.
interesting, I get zero from UA anymore, neither personal nor business/Amex. Amex notifies of all changes for their bookings.
Kannai likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.