Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No email notification of upgrades or schedule changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2023, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

No email notification of upgrades or schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
They aren't required to do so.
well, their policy states they will send an email or call https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...e-changes.html

So if they aren't required to honor their policies, sure.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Maykita
well, their policy states they will send an email or call https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...e-changes.html

So if they aren't required to honor their policies, sure.
It says only for significant changes - they didn't deem 1 hour to be significant.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
It says only for significant changes - they didn't deem 1 hour to be significant.
I remember getting emails from UA when the flight time changed by 10 minutes.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
In situations like this, it is helpful to know the time frame as practices change. 10 years ago, 1 year ago, last month, ...??
Old Sep 12, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
In situations like this, it is helpful to know the time frame as practices change. 10 years ago, 1 year ago, last month, ...??
Not recently. Sorry I wasn't clear as my point wasn't that it's UA's current practice to send out emails for every schedule change but that it certainly had been their practice.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
No email yet for a 10 min schedule change that I first noticed last month for a flight coming up next month.

I've gotten emails from UA for changes as small as 10 min before in pre-covid days. But even then, not every time.
SPN Lifer and Silver Fox like this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by econ
No email yet for a 10 min schedule change that I first noticed last month for a flight coming up next month.

I've gotten emails from UA for changes as small as 10 min before in pre-covid days. But even then, not every time.
my recent experience:

- No emails for schedule changes in August for UA flights, as well as a UA-purchased codeshare operated by AC, for the fall
- No email for canceled UAX DEN-YYZ flight as part of SJC-YYZ in mid-oct. though a schedule change notation online. Did not accept a double connection it rebooked me on (SJC-DEN-ORD-YYZ), got a notation for a free onetime change though had to be same departure/arrival airports, UA/UAX-operated flights only and I believe within 2 days of original departure (Called, and an agent rebooked me SFO-DEN-YYZ - no pushback).
- on the ‘return’ of the above (booked as a separate OW), had a UA codeshare, AC-operated YYZ-DEN segment change by 20 minutes (8:55am departure changed to 9:15am). No notification or schedule change notation in my reservation, but times updated accordingly
- SFO-OGG and return (booked as two separate one ways), schedule change notation online and had to accept for 10 minutes one way, 15 the other.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
I don't recall ever missing a notification when there are flight changes, cancellations, or in the rare cases, upgrades. If anyone has not been receiving notifications, I suggest you go to the following page and confirm that your contact details/preferences are updated:

Profile and Preferences --> Preferences and settings --> Day of travel notifications

Old Sep 12, 2021, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mathgeek1978
I don't recall ever missing a notification when there are flight changes, cancellations, or in the rare cases, upgrades. If anyone has not been receiving notifications, I suggest you go to the following page and confirm that your contact details/preferences are updated:

Profile and Preferences --> Preferences and settings --> Day of travel notifications

day of travel notifications are for IRROPS/ delays on the day of (as specifically stated). Almost 100% certain this doesn’t cover things in advance, which is mostly the topic of this thread.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Gold, WN A-List, Marriott Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Email notification on schedule changes

Replying to this old thread to see if anything has changed. I do NOT get emails on schedule changes, but somehow somebody on my exact same flights (separate reservation) WAS notified via email. What gives?

Any way to get (in advance) schedule change email notifications?

Makes no sense that this person would have received it and I did not. When I look at "preferences & settings" I see the same item of "Day of travel notifications" that is screenshotted above, but nothing about flight changes beyond the day of travel. Frustrating....I check often, but would rather not have to and was wondering how this other person (who does NOT check) got an email about it. Clearly, the system is sending SOME automated emails about schedule changes. They also are not a frequent traveler/have no status, etc. Thanks for any help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.