Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No email notification of upgrades or schedule changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2023, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

No email notification of upgrades or schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:38 pm

I got upgraded on one of my segments and did not get any email notifications.

If you're >24 hrs out, if you get upgraded do you still show up on the upgraded list? I remembered that the priority list won't be there but the upgraded people would show up on the confirmed list. Right now I don't see myself on there though (it says no confirmed customers), but my reservation shows upgrade confirmed and the PZ class.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chavala
Just the other day I happened to notice my 6AM DFW-SFO flight was cancelled and they put me on a later flight, giving me an hour (instead of 3) to connect to the morning SIN flight.
No email notification, no "schedule change" notice in red....Nothing.
When I called to change my flights the agent said it was changed over a month ago.
(Luckily she cleared UG space for me on both flights without any arguing or begging on my part)
Quoting myself because now my return flight (redye SFO-DFW) was cancelled. Rescheduled on a flight departing 2 hours earlier than my arrival from SIN. Nice!
Again, not only no email, but no red-font schedule change notification at the top. Nothing. I barely noticed.
This time the agent refused to clear my UG on the earlier SIN-SFO flight. (Her supervisor had no problem)

I hope they fix this soon.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Check out the thread on the cancelled EWR-EZE route. Myself and several other FT'ers have posted that NO notification was sent and this is a cancelled international flight not just a time change on a SFO-LAX run! Not acceptable as far as I am concerned and no way to run an airline. I had to find out here that the route was cancelled and then to my surprise found out I was rescheduled through IAH, no notification at all.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Not only did I get an email notice of an upgrade on one leg of a multi-segment itinerary, but the new language has been jived up, just like the delay explanations. Here's what it said:

High five, TRANSPORTPROF!
We've upgraded your seat on your flight from Denver, CO, US (DEN) to Vancouver, BC, CA (YVR) on .... Your new seat is ....
We've included the rest of your flight information below. We look forward to seeing you!
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I was upgraded after checkin but no email notification.

I was checking my connection and arrival for the second flight for tomorrow to see I had a new seat. Glad it is a seat i would have chosen!
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
Not only did I get an email notice of an upgrade on one leg of a multi-segment itinerary, but the new language has been jived up, just like the delay explanations. Here's what it said:
interesting

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I was upgraded after checkin but no email notification.

I was checking my connection and arrival for the second flight for tomorrow to see I had a new seat. Glad it is a seat i would have chosen!
after check-in there is no Email notification anymore, at least in my experience ... not even Amex sends it once it is under airport control.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, WN A+
After posting earlier this week about not getting upgrade notifications over the past few months, I happened to get several the following days after doing some SDCs. They too had the new language. High Five!
Very strange, but may have to do with the new email format.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
I received an upgrade notification this morning for a flight on Friday. In general I have been getting notified of CPUs, but not all the time.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Had some CPU upgrades clear at 4 days out in mid-august - no notification for my upgrade, (actually no seat assigned either for me!), Wife got an e-mail for hers and had a seat assigned.

Had two GPUs clear at some point in the last few days - 9-14 days out - no notification, both had assigned seats though.

All of the above were on separate PNRs.

Do we think this is a bug in the 'new' upgrade system or a feature?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DrBB
Do we think this is a bug in the 'new' upgrade system or a feature?
Not new.

Fwiw, I've been receiving upgrade notifications pretty consistently lately. So the issue seems to vary by customer.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really don’t care that much about CPU notifications; I usually have seen the upgrade on the website before the email arrives.

What I do care about is the dearth of any notification of a significant schedule change. If I simply went about my business like a “normal” person without checking my flight reservations every few days, I could easily have remained unaware of a two hour earlier departure time until check-in. That’s simply unacceptable.
chavala and ExplorerWannabe like this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kale73
I really don’t care that much about CPU notifications; I usually have seen the upgrade on the website before the email arrives.

What I do care about is the dearth of any notification of a significant schedule change. If I simply went about my business like a “normal” person without checking my flight reservations every few days, I could easily have remained unaware of a two hour earlier departure time until check-in. That’s simply unacceptable.
At least with a CPU I’m already watching for it.
Without the red schedule change notification on the top of the reservation, it’s very hard to notice unless you go through each segment of every reservation every day.
There should be a separate thread for this - it’s much more serious.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Not new.

Fwiw, I've been receiving upgrade notifications pretty consistently lately. So the issue seems to vary by customer.
Did you go through a period of missing them, and now they are back? Also, I assume you are talking about the instrument upgrade / schedule change emails?

I still receive neither. Just had a waitlisted GPU clear, and I had a different reservation with schedule change — neither.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:20 am

I just today got email notification of a schedule change except it’s the change that was made many weeks ago to which I had accepted the changes.

Normally when a schedule change is made you have to click to accept or reject the change. This time there was no such option because I assume the acceptance was made quite a while ago. Just today they emailed me.

Well I will keep checking the UA website.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
I always get e-mails with upgrades but rarely get them for schedule changes, hence I check my itineraries every day. It's very frustrating

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.