Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Revised UA livery revealed 24 April 2019 (sneak peek on FT on 23rd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The “leaked” first shot:

United’s announcement video:
https://twitter.com/united/status/11...525993984?s=20

PDF of the new livery:
https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/876...jpg?p=original

Out with the Gold, in with the Blue - United Airlines Unveils its Next Fleet Paint Design
Updated aircraft livery is the next step in United's ongoing efforts to modernize its visual brand

CHICAGO, April 24, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, United Airlines is introducing customers and employees to a modernized aircraft livery, which will bring a refreshed look to its fleet. The design is a visual representation of United's ongoing brand evolution while staying true to the history it has developed over the past 93 years of proudly serving customers around the world.

"As we improve and elevate our customer experience, we are changing the way people think and feel about United, and this branding captures that new spirit," said Oscar Munoz, CEO of United Airlines. "Each improvement we've added to our service advances our evolution as an airline, furthering our effort to elevate and redefine customer service in the sky. This modernized design, especially our iconic globe, enhances the very best of United's image and values while pointing in the direction of where we intend to go next in serving our customers."

The next iteration of United's livery prominently features the color most connected to the airline's core – blue. Three shades – Rhapsody Blue, United Blue and Sky Blue – are used throughout the design in a way that pays respect to United's heritage while bringing a more modern energy. The airline is keeping its iconic globe logo on the aircraft tail, which represents the carrier's expansive route network of reaching 355 destinations in nearly 60 countries. The tail will be updated with a gradient in the three shades of blue, while the logo will now appear predominantly in Sky Blue. The engines and wingtips are also being painted United Blue, and the swoop that customers and employees have expressed fondness for on United's Dreamliner fleet will be added to all aircraft in Rhapsody Blue. United's name will appear larger on the aircraft body and the lower half of the body will be painted Runway Gray. United's mission of "Connecting people. Uniting the world." will also be painted near the door of each aircraft.

The new design features core colors from United's updated brand palette, which was introduced last year as a step toward updating the brand's visual identity. Blue continues to be the airline's primary color, with various tones creating more depth and reflecting the colors customers and employees see when they look out the plane window at the sky. The airline's new color palette also includes shades of purple, which is most recognizable as the color of the new United Premium Plus seats are being added to the fleet. When combined, the purple and blue tones create a soothing environment and a more relaxed travel experience. In updating its colors, United is reducing the use of gold, which was added to the brand palette almost 30 years ago. United's new color palette can also be seen in the accent colors of the new uniforms that are being created for more than 70,000 front-line employees.

On average, United aircraft receive new paint jobs every seven years. The first aircraft painted with the new design is a Boeing 737-800, which will be joined by a mix of narrowbody, widebody and regional aircraft with the updated livery throughout the year. For more information visit united.com/brandevolution.
Print Wikipost

Revised UA livery revealed 24 April 2019 (sneak peek on FT on 23rd)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
That looks........ horrible.
am1108 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:55 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Very underwhelming
Pat89339, wrp96, am1108 and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM

If this is it, as per airliners.net, doesn't look too bad. Compared to some of the earlier potential renditions.
N830MH, wrp96 and mdtakamine like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by adambrau

If this is it, as per airliners.net, doesn't look too bad. Compared to some of the earlier potential renditions.
It is that’s the 738 that was in the paint shop the past few weeks.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Fine by me. Not revolutionary, but it was clear that a wholesale rebrand wasn’t being done. Better than the prelim design that was posted prematurely by the graphics design website for sure.
am1108 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:09 pm

Fairly underwhelming. I Was hoping for more accents with the expanded color pallete they’ve been advertising (a long the lines of what Alaska did). I wonder if the winglets will have anything interesting or more blue.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:23 pm

I think "a poor man's rising blue" is the best description I've seen so far. I don't hate it but I feel like it could be better. Interested to see how it looks on the bigger planes.
nnn and am1108 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:23 pm

Connecting People Uniting The World near the nose?
PVDtoDEL likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by n049922
Connecting People Uniting The World near the nose?
Yes.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Really wish they would dump the globe, but as far as alterations go, this isn't bad at all and I'll take it over the former which is just the Continental livery with United titles slapped on it.

Now we just need a "tulip" heritage livery.
nnn, am1108 and UAL757222 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by DCP2016
Really wish they would dump the globe, but as far as alterations go, this isn't bad at all and I'll take it over the former which is just the Continental livery with United titles slapped on it.

Now we just need a "tulip" heritage livery.
Never gonna happen. Tulip is history
UTex09 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Never gonna happen. Tulip is history
Never say never. Look what AA did with all of their heritage liveries, and UA already has a heritage UA "stars and bars" A320 and a heritage Continental 737.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tuolumne
No they didn't. It was sent to them. I asked! Instead of ingratiating yourself on another forum it's nice to give credit. end of story!

Tulip isn't coming back. Ever. Continental name is never coming back. I hear it's finally going to be dropped from the holding company's name this year. Last bandaid to rip off. ^
Globe is still there so it's technically still a Continental livery.

Also it's Continental dba United. Really the only things from UA that carried over were the name, HQ location, hubs, and most aircraft. The rest is just Continental.
Pat89339 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:44 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by DCP2016
Globe is still there so it's technically still a Continental livery.
Also it's Continental dba United.
Really the only things from UA that carried over were the name, HQ location, hubs, and most aircraft. The rest is just Continental.
pmCO was adamantly against E+

Thankfully it survived the "merger of equals" and was installed on sCO frames ^
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Kind of uninspiring but at least that godawful purple isn't in there ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.