Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery

Thread archive:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by sing-along
I've requested my handle wrap three times now. Nothing as of yet. It's gone from "we don't mail them to Canadians" to "it will take 3 weeks back on 13SEP" [the second request].

I had a call with Customer Care about a recent flight (they asked for me to call them). I used the opportunity to ask about the handle wrap. I'm suppose to find out more next week.

They said they had no indications I made a first request. Is it really that hard to have them mailed out?

Cheers
Still waiting to receive mine.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
Failed again at SDF last night. I have yet to have my yellow handled bag arrive anywhere close to "first out" at SDF.

I complained to ground staff but they didn't seem to give a rat's ____.
FINALLY SDF staff have gotten the message. 1st bag off when arriving back to SDF last night.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:12 pm

IAD-PHL Saturday morning, only 2 people boarded with Group 1....my yellow tag bag was the ~15th to come up. Great work UA.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador (lifetime Platinum), Avis Presidents Club
EWR to MKE flight 4224 . . .

My bag was one of the last to be placed on the jetway. That said, some interesting observations:

1) My yellow tag was originally on the side handle of my bag. It was now on the top handle of my bag. I found this interesting because it means someone (I presume at Newark) thought it needed to be more visible.

2) There were two people working together to put the bags on the jetway. The one at the top got my bag and yelled at the other worker stating the importance by saying "you have to look out for these yellow wraps."

Still annoying, would have preferred to have my bag be up first.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 5:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere else in the thread, but US has different color tags (blue) for gate check of people flying in F. They definitely come out first. Now that I'm a mostly regional jet flyer, this is becoming pretty annoying. I have yet to see the yellow handle bags get any kind of priority.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:03 am
Suspended

UA Mailing Yellow Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers

PHL-IAD. Bag was out 1st
Old Oct 7, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
DFW-SFO

First out this morning
Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
A little late in posting this, but flew OMA-ORD two weeks ago and bag was 1st out.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1/MM SPG gold, CEO: Grandmother of 4
Since I NEVER check my luggage, I have not used my yellow handle wrap at all.........would it be tacky to use it on my carryon wheelie?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steppie
Since I NEVER check my luggage, I have not used my yellow handle wrap at all.........would it be tacky to use it on my carryon wheelie?
It is for your carry on. Not your checked luggage. Is for when you fly on regional jets and have to gate check you bag and you get it back on the jetway or base of stairs if no jetway.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
I've had pretty good luck with getting my gate checked bag out more quickly with the handle wrap. Maybe it's because it has been handled so many times that they can no longer tell that it is yellow.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
I never received my 1K tag so wrote to MP and they said they will send replacement out today.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Originally Posted by steppie
Just curious, your profile says UA Plat. Is that accurate or are you 1K?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat
Thumbs up

i have had continued success having my bag one of the first off the plane - EWR/DCA/IAH/PNS. the ramp workers may finally be getting the message that these are supposed to be first when feasible.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 12:08 pm

Still waiting for mine to show up in the mail... Day 197..... or something... I stopped checking a LONG time ago...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.