Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery

Thread archive:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Consistently I've gotten my bag brought up first while waiting for bags to be brought up to the jet bridge.

This last trip, my bag wasn't first or second or third. What was shocking was when my bag came up and I reached out to grab it, the handler actually looked at me and apologized for not bringing it up sooner.

Guess they are reminded to bring yellow handle bags up first.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by fumje
Why would baggage handlers steal them? For their own use? Odd.

I have had other components of bags go missing (straps, etc.), but I assumed it was just from the 'routine' abuse they are subject to rather than intentional misappropriation.
For sale on ebay.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by LordHamster
For sale on ebay.
SERIOUSLY!!??
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by johnathome
Consistently I've gotten my bag brought up first while waiting for bags to be brought up to the jet bridge.

This last trip, my bag wasn't first or second or third. What was shocking was when my bag came up and I reached out to grab it, the handler actually looked at me and apologized for not bringing it up sooner.

Guess they are reminded to bring yellow handle bags up first.
This is one of my favorite benefits - this may be my only year as 1K but I have already taken way too many RJs. Hello, EUG tomorrow.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nomad420
Other posts up thread have commented on the same thing. If you never/rarely gate check then then they place them on there checked bags. I guess I did it thinking that it MAY get me some sort benefit from the baggage handlers, obviously I found out that was wrong. Hardly any big revelation.
Your checked bags should be tagged with the standard elite red priority tag already providing earlier delivery, however this is hit-or-miss at many airports.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LordHamster
For sale on ebay.
Wow, there is one listed now; 12 bids, at $61 presently.

There is also this blue one for sale as well. I don't know which is weirder, the pretender or the knockoff.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
This is one of my favorite benefits - this may be my only year as 1K but I have already taken way too many RJs. Hello, EUG tomorrow.
I've had it work once and that was it
The one time It worked I didn't even care as it was at RIC and I was going to be waiting on my main bags no matter what
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
Wow, there is one listed now; 12 bids, at $61 presently.

There is also this blue one for sale as well. I don't know which is weirder, the pretender or the knockoff.
Now I have seen everything.... $61... A fool and his money are soon parted!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Just me or have the handles worked better since the Dr. Dao incident?
Old May 12, 2017, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Mine was just stolen on Skywest RJ flight....

----
Old May 12, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Mine disappeared on an AA RJ flight, I wonder if it was thrown away or really fell off.

I like the AA yellow tag process better that the UA handle wrap.
Old May 17, 2017, 3:13 pm

Hi, so this is a long shot, but would anyone be willing to request or already has an extra that they aren't using and mail it to me? I saw some offers earlier in the thread but wasn't sure if they were jokes or serious. I don't fly nearly enough to attain 1k, but enough to appreciate the time saved waiting for gate checked bags on UX.

If there are no takers, no problem and thanks for taking the time to read this
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have had really great luck into hub cities - especially IAH. They actually bring the bags from the plane side before all other bags.

Non-hub cities, not that good - especially if UA is not doing the ground handling.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: None anymore
I'm 100% this year for outstations recognizing the tag. SFO however is a different story. Rarely happens there. I did have it happen at LAX though last week.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Still angry about mine being stolen...no way it fell off...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.