Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery

Thread archive:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Markie
Anyone outside the USA had theirs?
Mine has not appeared in the UK, but perhaps we're not getting them?
I have checked with my overseas 1K friends, and they have received nothing.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
I flew IAH-AUS yesterday, and my yellow handle did nothing for me.

I was the first passenger to leave my luggage next to the door at boarding time at IAH. When I got to AUS, I was the first one off, but I was about the 15th guy to get my gate checked bag. My luggage was the only one with the yellow handle.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
SMF last week mine was first off. LAX last week mine was in the middle, however, the GA who was helping the ramper appologized and said it was susposed to be first. She stated the ramper putting them up the belt must not have known.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
First Off in DFW and SFO

I've had my bag consistently first off in DFW and SFO on multiple flights. In fact, my bag was on the jetbridge before passengers had even deplaned.

The consistency of this service (at least in DFW and SFO) is good - hope it stays this way.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
One of my coworkers had his wrap on his computer bag. He had no idea it was supposed to be for gate checked baggage. It doesn't matter to him anyway as he doesn't generally fly on RJs.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
Originally Posted by Q54701
My local airport (EAU) knows nothing about this program, and they've been looking for information since I've first mentioned it to them several weeks ago. I'm going to have to classify this priority handling as an urban legend since I've seen absolutely nothing in writing supporting this
If I can find the GM's e-mail I'll send over the memo to him.. I met him during training a few months back.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Yesterday had my first experiment using the yellow bag handle. I watched through the jetway door as handlers at ORD put the three bags with yellow bag tags in a separate group that they then brought up first. This is exactly what I had hopes for.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Yellow handle failed to have any effect again at SDF. The rampers at SDF have no clue about it (or don't care). It has been that way since the yellow handles were rolled-out a couple of months ago.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Yellow handle covers made absolutely no difference at IAH today. I saw other yellow handled bags. They all came ut at random in the middle of the pack
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Worked in Knoxville, TN (TYS) last week. Ramper at the top of the bridge even had his radio on and the guys unloading the plane even called out the number of "gold bags" coming up. They came up first and mine was not just placed on the floor but carefully handed to me.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
UA Mailing Yellow Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers

Worked in IAH once, OKC once, but middle of pack at ORD tonight.

(Sorry if I missed it but should the black side face up, or the Velcro join side? )
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:41 pm
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
I was 4 for 4 on my aus-ord-buf-ord-aus last week. Kinda makes up for the cold spreadable cheese & cracker breakfast served in F.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 4:40 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
The first gate-check of my yellow-handled bag in GRR failed -- it was delivered around #12 out of maybe 16-18 bags. Not impressed. Mine was the only yellow-handled one.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 6:22 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K

before we blame anyone for not handling these yellow handle bags properly, I still have never seen anything in writing supporting this amenity, nor has anyone working for United Express at my home airport (Eau Claire)
Old Sep 13, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC

First success yesterday at ewr. Business partner and I both 1k boarded seperately, handlers made a point to bring both of ours up together and first. Result 1 for 20ish

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.