Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery

Thread archive:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
hmmm OK, I will not assume that is was purposefully faked to try and obtain some priority service. I don't recall ever seeing one before, but probably just didn't register if I did see it.

If people are really getting priority service with them now, I will dig mine back out of the drawer and put it back on. When I first got it, my adorned B&R did not receive any love...and based on some posts here, there was never any expectation that it would...all about the bag identification
They sell those handles everywhere in different colors. I use them to recognize my checked bags.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by c.l.i.a
3 weeks passed... stiiiiill...
waiting...........
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by chavala
Come on, did you guys think this would be instant success? It seems it's working some of the time, give it a chance to take effect. We're talking about baggage handlers -- all they ever had to do was mindlessly fling a bunch of bags through a door, now UA is asking them to actually look at the color of the handles. This is gonna take some time.
You get what you pay for:

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/lab/3925989800.html

Position Summary :

Under the supervision of the lead agent and/or supervisor on duty, Ramp Agents are responsible for marshalling aircraft in and out of the gate, loading, unloading and sorting freight, mail and baggage in a safe manner while also achieving on-time departures and arrivals. Ramp Agents may also be responsible for servicing aircraft lavatories, cleaning aircraft, restocking items, deicing and other duties as delegated.

[...]

Starting Hourly Rate: $7.78
Compensation: $7.78 per hour. Plus Flight benefits
This is a part-time job.

Old Aug 11, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by lesliegolf
Do wonder how long it will be before it gets stolen once people catch on.
As others have said .... ZIP TIE.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
Originally Posted by mre5765
You get what you pay for:
Hey, who would have guessed. That just happens to be Colorado's minimum wage (not including the flight benefits).
Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K & MM
It worked for the 1st time today off UA 5170, ORD - ATL. Two of us had the yellow wraps and they were the 1st two bags on the ramp.

A week and half ago in El Paso, mine was one of the last off. However, the lead agent was instructing the ramp crew that the yellow handles should be off-loaded first. They're trying.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Do You Find the Yellow 1K Tags Work?

I received the yellow handle tags for the gate checked luggage (or is this for regular checked luggage as well?) and have recently used it. This past weekend I flew PHL-CLE-PHL and used the wraps for my gate checked bag. Upon arrival in CLE my bag was the first off the cart and on the jetway. Returning to PHL I saw my yellowed wrapped bag on the top of the car on the tarmac, right on top. However, it was one of the last bags brought to the jetway.

What has been your experience?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Success in SAT !

Flew early morning ORD-SAT on Cjr700. Was upgraded to 1D so thought I'd try out the yellow HW.

These rampers loaded up a full cart and pulled it over. Mine was first bag on jet bridge.

Have to admit, I do like this ... when it works !

Last edited by dorisrpas; Aug 14, 2013 at 6:47 pm
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott PP/LPE, Hilton Diamond
Without my yellow bag wrap, mine was usually the next to last bag up on gate check. With it, it's absolutely the last bag up. I guess that's what passes for "white glove" service.

It doesn't matter what's on the bag at any airport I've gone through, gate or through checked, I'm nearly always one of the last few bags up or on the carousel. Which is why I look for mainline metal or larger RJ's. 135/145's should be classified as cruel and unusual punishment.

Time to get creative.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by (InsertUsername)
Without my yellow bag wrap, mine was usually the next to last bag up on gate check. With it, it's absolutely the last bag up. I guess that's what passes for "white glove" service.

It doesn't matter what's on the bag at any airport I've gone through, gate or through checked, I'm nearly always one of the last few bags up or on the carousel. Which is why I look for mainline metal or larger RJ's. 135/145's should be classified as cruel and unusual punishment.

Time to get creative.
Can you point to where you were promised "white glove" service?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by mre5765
You know, considering the responsibilities involved, especially marshalling multi-million dollar aircraft full of soft squishy meat creatures in all weather extremes, you'd think rampers would be paid a LOT more than minimum wage.

Topically, I put my yellow wrap on my backpack handle. I never gate-check because I never carry-on anything besides that and I want to show off to all the insiders
Old Aug 16, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
ORD ramp at F1 yesterday. Gold handle bag was on top of all the bags on the cart. Guy putting the bags on the belt was about to put a random bag up first but the guy at the top of the ramp pointed to the gold handled bag to be first. Sadly, I hit 1K last week and did not have my tag
Old Aug 16, 2013, 3:15 pm

Off-topic but easily spotted several golden handles while on the NJ transit train going to EWR the other day. Def makes carry-on's very visible... and didn't realize how many 1Ks and GSes took NJ transit from NYP .
Old Aug 16, 2013, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, after many weeks since the one poster who was Gold and claimed to have gotten a yellow wrap and no more reports of people less than 1K getting them I think that one was a fluke.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 1:34 am

Programs: United 1K
How are you guys receiving more then one handle wrap?
I travel overseas a lot and usually have two large bags.

I requested a second wrap and was told only one allowed??
and she claimed it has nothing to do with priority in baggage claim.

I just used it on my carryon. What would the point be to possibly get one bag first and still have to wait for the next?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.