Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery

Thread archive:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GregMM
Definitely. My LLBean suitcase that I bought several years or so ago came with a reversible red/yellow one. It was red for a while, but then I found that the yellow was more visible, so it's been yellow for a couple years. It's only on my checked bag though.
That's the thing -- most people have them on their checked bags, as do I. But on your carry-on?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM
1k for four years with 100+ 50 seat RJ segments three years running and on pace for another 120 knee eating, head knocking, butt crushing, and IFE free segment year.

No yellow wrap in the mail yet for me.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by chavala
That's the thing -- most people have them on their checked bags, as do I. But on your carry-on?
Yup, I've had a yellow one on my carry-on for several years. I still do, only now it's the "official" one.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Seeing as United's own materials said that the wrap was to help you find your bag on the jetbridge, that seems like a perfectly reasonable explanation for why someone would have it on a carry-on.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:01 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
I was just saying that plenty exist, and were even provided by luggage manufacturers.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
QF does this with their checked bag tags.. Doubt we'll ever see something like this with a US carrier*.

*unless DL does it.. then maybe COdbaUA will follow!
All checked bag tags from LAS have a RFID chip in them... no matter the carrier.

Last edited by Starblazer; Oct 2, 2013 at 11:22 pm Reason: funny man below.....
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Starblazer
All checked bags from LAS have a RFID chip in them... no matter the carrier.
Well I'll be dog-gone, that happens to me all the time also. Every bag that I check from LAS always gets chips too, usually to the handle or wheels!
Old Oct 3, 2013, 2:59 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LilAbner
Well I'll be dog-gone, that happens to me all the time also. Every bag that I check from LAS always gets chips too, usually to the handle or wheels!
Those LAS handlers are really brutal.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
I use one on my carry on. It's a sort of rolling dufflle bag and I sometimes lift/carry it by the straps instead of rolling it. The wrap adds a bit of extra padding and keeps the straps together a little better than the wrap that is built into handles.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
I used my yellow tag today for the first time when gate checking my bag ORD-STL... it was the first one delivered. ^
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
2+ months passed since my first call. Nothing shows up yet. Received 1K luggage tag replacement - MP service desk must ordered wrong item. ()

Sent an email, surprisingly received a response in about 2 hours (^) saying the handle wrap replacement has been requested. But it will take about 2 weeks for delivery hence I won't have one to use for my Sunday flight. ()
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Spent a short while in EWR United Club this morning and noticed several yellow/gold (non-UA) wraps on people's luggage. So do ground crews need to distinguish between the official handle wraps and the look a likes?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
Yesterday SDF-CLE. First one on, first one up.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
ORD - IND on a CR7. Mine was the first bag delivered to the jetway and there were about 30 people waiting.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 3:03 am

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by c.l.i.a
2+ months passed since my first call. Nothing shows up yet. Received 1K luggage tag replacement - MP service desk must ordered wrong item. ()

Sent an email, surprisingly received a response in about 2 hours (^) saying the handle wrap replacement has been requested. But it will take about 2 weeks for delivery hence I won't have one to use for my Sunday flight. ()
I've requested my handle wrap three times now. Nothing as of yet. It's gone from "we don't mail them to Canadians" to "it will take 3 weeks back on 13SEP" [the second request].

I had a call with Customer Care about a recent flight (they asked for me to call them). I used the opportunity to ask about the handle wrap. I'm suppose to find out more next week.

They said they had no indications I made a first request. Is it really that hard to have them mailed out?

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.