Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery

Thread archive:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: United 1K
ORD-ATL: One of the last bags off. So far, I've only had 1/5 flights where this yellow thing worked. Not that I'm surprised that United promises big and fails to deliver.

The big question: Should we be complaining about this benefit when it doesn't work? Does that make us look like the over entitled we are seen in the C suite or pointing out when we didn't get what we give the airline in terms of loyalty that isn't provided.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer
ORD-ATL: One of the last bags off. So far, I've only had 1/5 flights where this yellow thing worked. Not that I'm surprised that United promises big and fails to deliver.
Can you point to where they promised anything, please?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by relangford
I had to call UA to get mine (and 1k for years).
i emailed 1kvoice and they said they are sending one out but will take 2-3 weeks iirc.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Can you point to where they promised anything, please?
That bags with the yellow wrap would be one of the first off the plane!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer
That bags with the yellow wrap would be one of the first off the plane!
And where (other than on FT) did you see that promise?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
And where (other than on FT) did you see that promise?
I'm amazed that some people are furious that their bag isn't the first one off the plane. It was never an official stated benefit and United was smart not to do that. The # of complaints they would've seen would create a backlog in 1kvoice. It's better to have it as an unofficial benefit that is nice when it works.

Here's to hoping that some people will realize United never stated this benefit and it was only unofficially announced on FT
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
I never received mine. No biggie, but do they just send it or do you have to call to get it mailed? If you have to call, how do you even know this bennie and is even available unless your on FT? Seems really stupid if you have to call.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:05 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Worked in ABQ the other night; a GS and I were waiting along with about 15 other pax for bags from DEN, and the first three bags off had yellow-wrapped handles. So far, I'm batting nearly 100% at my bag coming off in the first few bags. Even as an unofficial benefit, it makes it easier when rushing for a connection.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 2.6 MM, 1K, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by exerda
Worked in ABQ the other night; a GS and I were waiting along with about 15 other pax for bags from DEN, and the first three bags off had yellow-wrapped handles. So far, I'm batting nearly 100% at my bag coming off in the first few bags. Even as an unofficial benefit, it makes it easier when rushing for a connection.
Exactly. Connecting from GSO in ORD yesterday. Arrived 30' late for an already tight 45' layover. My bag was first out. Allowed me to make my connection. In the past, as I am usually boarding first or close to it, my carry-on used to be delivered among the last bags. Definitely a nice 'unofficial' benefit.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
TH and I had our yellow-handled bags delivered first and second last week on a CRJ-700 flight. Hooray for small victories.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Bag was just delivered before the rest on IAH-MCI. Works quite well here at my home airport..
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
SFO->SEA, CRJ700, my bag was the first one to the jetbridge.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by BlackMountain
1k for four years with 100+ 50 seat RJ segments three years running and on pace for another 120 knee eating, head knocking, butt crushing, and IFE free segment year.

No yellow wrap in the mail yet for me.

Wrapper did arrive following a request to 1KVoice a few weeks ago. Used twice so far, first time arriving LEX one of the last up to the jetway, this Sunday arriving ORD first bag up on a 100% full flight, very nice.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Number one off ALB EWR at 1815 at A20, raced to bus, and just caught SFO flight at 1830 out of C76....that was close. Kudos to gate crew.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
The yellow bag tags are one of the few things I have been consistently happy with post-merger. Our bags come out first at least 85% of time on UX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.