Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by blueman2
I cannot find the anywhere in the app where it lists my GPUs or RPUs. Is that missing or am I not looking in the right place?
Numerous folks have raised that issue and so far no one has found the information in the app (although you can go to the mobile site (united.com) on your smartphone to retrieve the information.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
The main usage thing is getting used to clicking on the bottom for everything I used to tap the left side of the screen for. I do agree that there's too much useless clutter now on the home page...oh well. Not the end of the world, but annoyed at the endless credit card ads. Chase must be giving them some sweet change for that advertising spot
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Are reservations that have a FareLock no longer visible with the countdown timer?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
UA app is great. But the things I really wanted I still don’t see:

1) ability to use travel credit
2) easy access to those credits
3) ability to see upgrade certs(as noted above)
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Downloaded the new App and getting used to it. Really dumb question here............where is my boarding pass?!?!? After I checked in it only gave me an option to send boarding pass to my email. It has to be displayed somewhere on the App but I am too jet lagged to find it. Help!!!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Marketing needed to show it was not a cost center so they emblazoned the app with ads galore.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I don't like the advertisement and the "Just for you" sections. I wish there was a way to remove these two items. Other than that the ap isn't hideous.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Used for flight today. It kept causing my iPhone to auto-dim. Anyone else have this issue?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
I don't like the advertisement and the "Just for you" sections. I wish there was a way to remove these two items. Other than that the ap isn't hideous.
This has always been an issue and is just annoying. I’m 1K why do they keep asking me if I want to buy E+ seating???
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by milepig
This has always been an issue and is just annoying. I’m 1K why do they keep asking me if I want to buy E+ seating???
For the same reason they keep asking me to get a United branded Chase credit card when I already have one.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by halls120

For the same reason they keep asking me to get a United branded Chase credit card when I already have one.
It's odd that they don't do some sort of processing and then use that ad space for something else that I may, or may not, be interested in otherwise it is a total waste of real estate. But as I am not switching to the new app as yet it is a moot point. I'll wait a little bit longer as I think I like the old one better from the sounds of it but will give them time to iron things out a little to flyertalkarati tastes!
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
Originally Posted by halls120

I live in Norway and can't even have one.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
Question for other GS members. After downloading new app check in for flight today..
I am listed as a Global ServicesSM. On old app was just Global Services.

What does the SM indicate? Super Man?, Stupid Mistake?, or?

Asked United and they had not clue. Does anyone else see this?
Thank you
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by shelby101
Question for other GS members. After downloading new app check in for flight today..
I am listed as a Global ServicesSM. On old app was just Global Services.

What does the SM indicate? Super Man?, Stupid Mistake?, or?

Asked United and they had not clue. Does anyone else see this?
Thank you
"SM" is Service Mark, similar to a Trade Mark (TM), but for a service rather than a product.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
Great, thought Inwas in trouble again “lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.