Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:17 am

flyingrohit. Update. We have decided to stay in row 20 J & F for now on the 787-10 Dreamliner. Since we will be flying Polaris on our first leg of the trip, we can decided base on cost when we check in on the return flight to stay in row 20 or see if it's worth the up charge to Polaris. I put a question mark based on if we get someone behind us like the person shown eating a sandwich and seems to be really focused on his appetite and what is around him, I'm guessing the sling shot will be in play for our head rest.

Just placing some humor on our planned trip.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
no posts here for the last few months....has anyone flown this cabin post covid????what is the service like????
Old Aug 26, 2020, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Keyser
no posts here for the last few months....has anyone flown this cabin post covid????what is the service like????
Recently flew J EWR SFO on 781 ... had a great crew and I asked them if Prem Plus (which UA sells as a separate class on this transcon flight) got a meal and they said that only J got hot options and even our meal was awful featuring the infamous EWR fruit cup with a choice of pasta or a low-quality chicken.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by fly747first
Recently flew J EWR SFO on 781 ... had a great crew and I asked them if Prem Plus (which UA sells as a separate class on this transcon flight) got a meal and they said that only J got hot options and even our meal was awful featuring the infamous EWR fruit cup with a choice of pasta or a low-quality chicken.
doesn't sound good....i have a flight coming up in a couple of weeks from del-ewr....i am booked in polaris but my 2 colleagues are booked in premium plus....just wanted to check what the service was like these days....
Old Aug 26, 2020, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
doesn't sound good....i have a flight coming up in a couple of weeks from del-ewr....i am booked in polaris but my 2 colleagues are booked in premium plus....just wanted to check what the service was like these days....
Fairly certain that on international flights UA is still providing decent meals, though served on one tray in long-haul Polaris. As for long-haul Prem Plus, catering even prior to Covid in this class was just a tad better than regular economy, but nothing to write home about.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i guess i can still except acceptable service in polaris right now....just wanted to check what service was like right now on international premium plus....
Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:05 pm

Vs ANA

Any opinions on United Premium Plus vs ANA Premium Economy SFO to Tokyo? Prices are identical and it looks like the layout is as well. I care mostly about seat comfort and being able to get a few hours of sleep. I’m well aware ANA will be the winner in the service and food category.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jacquespluto
Any opinions on United Premium Plus vs ANA Premium Economy SFO to Tokyo? Prices are identical and it looks like the layout is as well. I care mostly about seat comfort and being able to get a few hours of sleep. I’m well aware ANA will be the winner in the service and food category.
I suggest to take UA if you are interested in cheap buy up to Polaris. Or find some PlusPoints (30) from your friend to upgrade to Polaris. Good luck.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32638346-post1239.html
Old Aug 30, 2020, 1:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
As for long-haul Prem Plus, catering even prior to Covid in this class was just a tad better than regular economy, but nothing to write home about.
Is alcohol in Premium Plus served in plastic cups or glass?
Old Aug 30, 2020, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DarkHelmetII
Is alcohol in Premium Plus served in plastic cups or glass?
AA/DL/UA have removed glassware from all classes even on long-haul flights so unfortunately only plastic cups are available.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Originally Posted by jacquespluto
UA food is better than ANA in Premium Plus.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 9:14 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Bonvoy
Best Premium Economy Seats/Row?

My wife and I booked an international flight on a 777 in Premier Economy and currently have the choice of any 2 seats of the 24 available. We're getting one of the A/B or K/L window combinations but I was wondering which row is the best.

The Front Row 20 has the added legroom but no storage during takeoff/landing which isn't a big deal. It also has a different footrest due to no seat in front of it, but I tend to not use the footrest anyway. I recall from an earlier flight that maybe the back row 22 doesn't go back as far due to the rear bulkhead? But I could be wrong about that. What I like about the back row is I can fully recline without worrying about the person in the row in back of me.

Seat guru talks about proximity to the lavatories but that's never been an issue with me.

Right now we're in 22 A/B, does anyone have any experience with which seat is best? it's an 11 hour overnight flight so seat incline and ability to sleep is a big factor.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Read through the thread but I would do the bulkhead on the right side.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PabloSanDiego
My wife and I booked an international flight on a 777 in Premier Economy and currently have the choice of any 2 seats of the 24 available. We're getting one of the A/B or K/L window combinations but I was wondering which row is the best.

The Front Row 20 has the added legroom but no storage during takeoff/landing which isn't a big deal. It also has a different footrest due to no seat in front of it, but I tend to not use the footrest anyway. I recall from an earlier flight that maybe the back row 22 doesn't go back as far due to the rear bulkhead? But I could be wrong about that. What I like about the back row is I can fully recline without worrying about the person in the row in back of me.

Seat guru talks about proximity to the lavatories but that's never been an issue with me.

Right now we're in 22 A/B, does anyone have any experience with which seat is best? it's an 11 hour overnight flight so seat incline and ability to sleep is a big factor.
OK so to clarify, all UA Prem Plus seats have leg rests (which are more comfortable than foot rests). The first row has more space and thus the leg rest is more useful but as you pointed out, in this bulkhead row you can't store anything during takeoff/landing and the small storage pockets are gross since passengers tend to put their feet on them even after using the toilets. Prem Plus has dedicated lavatories on some UA aircraft, not all.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
OK so to clarify, all UA Prem Plus seats have leg rests (which are more comfortable than foot rests). ....
???
The bulkhead row has leg rests, the non-bulkhead rows have foot rests.
I do prefer the leg rests, also
findark likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.