Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM

Is it just me, or is UA getting MUCH faster and better as responding to 1KVoice emails? Twice in the past week I have had issues that I did not feel like calling UA for, and sent off a note to 1KVoice instead. In both cases, I got not just a response, but an actual solution within 1 hour of sending the email!

In the past, it would take days to weeks to get any sort of response, which usually was not even addressing my issue. Often, I would never hear anything back for UA.

New customer service improvement, or just luck?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:18 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Comments in the past from UA indicate that response time varies, based upon workload and complexity of issue. They shoot for 24-48 hours.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I agree with the response time improvement. Nice to see the company placing an emphasis on taking care of customers who spend tens of thousands of dollars (and ++++) with it annually, instead of taking us completely for granted.

For a bit of a blast from the not-so-distant past, here's an automated reply I received from 1KVoice back in September 2013:

*** This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your email. Please do not reply ***
Please use this Case ID number if you need to contact us regarding this inquiry: XXXXXXXX
Thank you for contacting United Airlines. Our Customer Care team is currently responding to most inquiries within 14-21 business days. If your message is regarding an upcoming trip, a baggage delay or about our MileagePlus frequent flyer program, please refer to our helpful links below. We look forward to assisting you.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I have also noticed much faster response times from 1KVoice. Even in the past week during the storm chaos. If only my GPUs would clear, I would be feeling very appreciative of my 1K status!
Old Jan 27, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold
Noticed the same thing. I received a response within a few hours twice over the storm weekend. Fastest responses I've ever received.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Same, Emailed on two issues this past weekend and had a real response <2 hours.

Going to miss 1kvoice after next sunday.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:35 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Dec 29 email, Jan 13 reply
Jan 17 email, Jan 17 reply

Combination of whether they had etc go to a different department to get info, can reply by themselves- and luck.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:14 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Marriott lifetime Plat
Agreed. Using wifi on a UA midcon flight this past Sunday, I submitted a request for original routing credit. I had a response from 1K Voice before I landed. Very pleased.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:03 am

Earlier this week I e-mailed the generic Mileage Plus address for original routing credit and got a response back within 30 minutes.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
I got a "response" in 2 hours except there wasn't any response in it. I just got my original email with a case number in the subject. It didnt even have the "do not reply" in the message body!
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: 1K MMiler, Hertz 5*
I think UA management should take the credit for the faster response time, they probably successfully culled half the 1K's over the last 3- 4 years....
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: United 1K (3MM) and RCC, elite levels for most hotel and car programs
1K response to emails

I didn't get a particularly fast response from an email about a IAD to TPA trip last week ... but it was much more empathetic than I have received to other problems I have encountered over the past 3-4 months. Took about 2 days.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yesterday I got a response in a couple minutes less than 2 hours.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: 1K
I have also noticed extremely quick response times lately. As others posted, less than 2 hours
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:33 pm

I contacted 1K voice via the web form. GOt a response in less than 2 minutes after I clicked "submit".
It was a real response..and not canned.

Wow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.