Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Kitchen issues EWR, no hot food domestic F (Intl/PS ok) Aug-Sept 2018 - notice/comp?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kitchen issues EWR, no hot food domestic F (Intl/PS ok) Aug-Sept 2018 - notice/comp?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:07 am

duplicate

Last edited by BeeeJay; Aug 31, 2018 at 2:14 am
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
Flying EWR-LAS today. Got the email. Selected the $100 voucher. GA in EWR handed out $20 meal vouchers to those presenting a valid FC boarding pass. Ate at the Dumpling Den in Terminal C. Chicken pad thai was yummy and far better than what would've been served inflight. While inflight, FA stated that pax could have anything from page 1 of the food listings in the back of the Hemispheres magazine. I opted for the Classic snack box along with Pringles.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:24 am
Suspended

At EWR this morning - still no food for multiple flights....
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Got a notice for my flight today to ORD, Took the $100, too bad it's not another $300 like last week.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AugustusM
Got a notice for my flight today to ORD, Took the $100, too bad it's not another $300 like last week.
lol I’m flying to ORD as well - no notice, no money....
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Supima
lol I’m flying to ORD as well - no notice, no money....
Check your spam and also that you are signed up to receive notices from United. If you are singed up and didn't get the notice just go to customer service at EWR or call the Premier Access line.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AugustusM
Check your spam and also that you are signed up to receive notices from United. If you are singed up and didn't get the notice just go to customer service at EWR or call the Premier Access line.
Nothing in spam and I get emails all the time from UA.

Good crew today - They just came by on board and gave me 2,500 miles for the trouble - already received the email - she did it directly from her app... I showed her the listeria article and she was genuinely surprised....
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
How long did a similar situation persist with the Denver flight kitchen? Has UA learned anything from that debacle? I guess we'll find out.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by transportprof
How long did a similar situation persist with the Denver flight kitchen? Has UA learned anything from that debacle? I guess we'll find out.
The Denver issue felt like months. At least it feels that UA is at least acknowledging it in this situation.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC 35K, SPG GOLD
I was on EWR-SFO yesterday and full dinner was served.
guess it doesn't affect the transcontinental service.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chebert999
I think there are several catering facilities at EWR - this morning’s flights to ORD and SEA (next gate) were all making the same announcements about no food...
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:39 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chebert999
From upthread
Originally Posted by SteveHK
From an internal memo - .... This does not affect international flights or premium transcon markets. ....
Also inferred normal operation would resume at some point this week
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:51 pm
smn

Experienced this yesterday on 2151 EWR-SEA. However, no email ever sent. They offered $40 in food vouchers which was nice, but only made the announcement 2 minutes before boarding!

No mention of $100 voucher...
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
From upthread

Also inferred normal operation would resume at some point this week
There were many inferences about Denver's flight kitchen coming back on line long before full meals actually returned. Should we expect a different trajectory at EWR?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
... Should we expect a different trajectory at EWR?
So far the two seem different but we will have to wait and see. We can speculate on FT but that is not going to change the outcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.