Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Positive Experiences with UA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Plat
My friend just got a non-ref fare fully refunded to her card! I've never even heard of such a thing. We think it might have something to do with Doggate...
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
My friend just got a non-ref fare fully refunded to her card! I've never even heard of such a thing. We think it might have something to do with Doggate...
Is your friend a dog? <sorry, cannot resist attempt at humor>
sexykitten7 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: united
1 hour delay of my ONT-SFO flight. The airline put a snack cart out, free snacks and water while we wait.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Booked a trip to HKG, wanted to upgrade using R space to J for the two long flights (connecting thru NRT), and R was available for both those flights. Website would not let me upgrade at all (said upgrade was unavailable online for both buy up and miles+copay, anyone know what's up with that?), so called into UA with number on back of my card.

The agent I had was fantastic. Got me into J in under 10 minutes, and was very nice and friendly. A+++ to this UA rep.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:50 am

Just wanted to post a appreciation to a UA customer service rep

I signed up just to post a " Thank You" note to a United Airlines Customer service representative, her name is Vanessa [moderator edit]. I was not allowed to start a new topic so I just post it here.
Vanessa was very helpful and courteous, and helped me with a difficult situation. Thank you Vanessa and Thank you UA! I really appreciate it. Ting

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Mar 23, 2018 at 9:12 am Reason: Edits to comply with FT privacy policy as to full names of non-sr. managers.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I don't think it's good to post the names of UA employees here. But you could have sent an email to UA. Or if she helped you on a phone call, when I call, I always say yes when they ask if I would answer a survey about the service after the call. Many times I get the phone call back from UA for the survey and then I give all 5s and also say how the representative was so great.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Recently flew LAX-MEL and SYD-IAH and have to say the service on both flights was fantastic. Friendly and professional flight attendants, happy to provide PJs and gel pillows and wine flights! Also had a brief encounter with the infamous Annie in SYD and she was amazing!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Just had positive experiences with all my encounters with UA people, from the phone agent who SDC to an earlier flight (and very apologetic my seat preference was not available which was fine with me as it was important I made the connecting flight), to the always super fantastic SAN check-in staff to the receptionist on the desk at the SFO international lounge to the great FAs on UA901.

These people reinforced why I like to fly UA - it is the wonderful people.

I also wrote into UA to ensure the folks get recognition and they responded to let me know they will be acknowledged.

​​​

Last edited by Aussienarelle; Apr 1, 2018 at 4:20 am Reason: Update
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: United 1MM GS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Excellent service tonight on my SFO-LHR segment in Polaris First. I brought my mom with me as a treat for her and she was extremely well taken care of with the proactive service from the flight attendant and purser. They made sure her hot water cup was filled throughout the flight, helped store and retrieve things for her, and made up the bed without needing to be asked.

On my side the meal was very good. My poached salmon was excellent, perfectly cooked and very large portion, and the accompaniments were well seasoned and not overdone. Probably helps I was the only one drinking champagne in the cabin so I think I finished the bottle myself
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SFOdelayed

On my side the meal was very good. My poached salmon was excellent, perfectly cooked and very large portion, and the accompaniments were well seasoned and not overdone. Probably helps I was the only one drinking champagne in the cabin so I think I finished the bottle myself
Lucky you! I usually have to share the bottle with my wife. Coming back from PVG last week, I was seating in 6C and my wife was in 6H. At one point, she saw that I had fallen asleep and had left a full glass of Champagne on the little tray between the seats. She stood up, passed through the galley and retrieved the glass. On the way back through the galley, one FA asked her: "Did you just steal the Champagne from that passenger?". Her answer: "Yes, my husband is asleep and I worry that he will drop the glass". Half an hour later, I wake up, go to the galley for a snack, the same FA immediately serves me a glass a Champagne.

The salmon on that flight was excellent too. Both my wife and I had it.
onthesam likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Heading to Costa Rica for Spring Break. Had a 6+ hour layover in Houston, SDCed to something earlier, nabbing the last available seats in F with nary the bat of an eye (including checked luggage).

My husband was very impressed with both the upgrade feats and the SCS, thought I had "stroke" with the lounge folks here. Tried to tell him SDC it was a United policy, but might as well let him think I'm a rock star...
onthesam likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by big V
Heading to Costa Rica for Spring Break. Had a 6+ hour layover in Houston, SDCed to something earlier, nabbing the last available seats in F with nary the bat of an eye (including checked luggage).
Great to hear! I regularly crate anguish for #1 / #2 on the upgrade by doing just this very thing. Caused the temporary separation of a GS husband and wife last time -- he took the seat in front and let her sit in back.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Submitted a complaint to 1kvoice yesterday about an aircraft cleaning issue. Expressly stated I am not asking for compensation. Received a call this morning from Houston from an outstanding customer care representative who was extremely apologetic and assured me there would be follow up at the appropriate level.

Overall a very positive experience.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by onthesam
Great to hear! I regularly crate anguish for #1 / #2 on the upgrade by doing just this very thing. Caused the temporary separation of a GS husband and wife last time -- he took the seat in front and let her sit in back.
That would have led to a permanent separation in my household.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by transportprof
That would have led to a permanent separation in my household.
My wife will not take the F seat if we’re traveling together and only my UG clears. I have tried practically begging her to take it and she will flat out refuse.

Most awkward was on our trip to Scotland for our wedding this past September, the crew on CLE-EWR had been tipped off. I was in 1D, she was in 21C. Purser brought me a glass of champagne, then continued back to 21 to give her the other glass and a sealed bottle. It was awkward all around.

Cant tell you how many nasty looks I got [and I had tried non-stop to get her to take 1D since I found the ug cleared]...but on the flip side when we landed I got a great shot of her “walking down the asile for the first time this trip”
BlueSky72 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.