Positive Experiences with UA

Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Positive Experiences with UA

[I’m on an iPad in a hospital bed and cant figure out how to search just the United forum for the 2018 positive experiences thread]

So....United and I got off to a terrible start to 2018 with a maiintenance diversion to ATL on CLE-ORD-JAX and then on the the flight home my luggage sat “at Pier 16” in Newark until 5 days later (and 3 days into my next trip to RIC...) BUT....

On said trip I went from not feeling great to feeling horrible “but I’ll finish work, get home and deal with it there” to “I haven’t seen a medical professional in 15+ years [please no lectures—I’m coming to my senses] but I’m driving myself to a Richmond ER on the day I was originally due to fly home...and when I got to the ER I realized I couldn’t really “talk”.

First: I was able to book my wife on the next available flights from CLE to RIC for only $6 and 10k miles with no trouble at all and the lovely folks in CLE moved her up to E+... then once ER had me able to talk coherently called UA, moved my flight back a day with no trouble at all. Rachel (wife) made it to Richmond early and was with me. They decided they needed/wanted to keep me until tomorrow but were confident about releasing me* so I called UA again and got an wonderful agent (who’s 40 year date at UA is the day after my birthday) who again had no problem moving flights for me. After that was done booked Rachel on the same flights again for $6/10k

I mean I know its standard pricing but to be able to have my wife with me during this for only $12 is pretty awesome — especially for someone who has passed out during high level discussions of blood/medical procedures and generally doesn’t fare well with blood/healthcare/needles/etc. and the agents compassion and friendliness in addition to their professionalism was amazing.

Lincoln
*- PS... Even though they’re letting me go home I need to see an oral surgeon to finish this off. If anyone knows of one in Cleveland that can deal with someone who aside from having the squeamishness has a severe phobia of anyone going near his mouth while conscious, PLEASE PM me.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Glad things worked out for you. Best of luck with the trip home and the rest of your treatment.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:43 pm

Thanks United.

Encountered service that was above and beyond today. Was on a flight that was scheduled for just over one hour and ten minutes on an Airbus. Did not expect any real food or service in seat 1A.

Received hot towel, hot nuts, salmon and cookie.

Wine glass never empty. Purser just busted a** to get it all done.

On the way home from a business trip, was very grateful.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
What route were you flying? Are you sure you were on United?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:25 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
If only there were a way to cause outstanding service like this to actually be rewarded and incentivized.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
A mis-catered flight? Shouldn't be any salmon loaded for a short flight like that.
But happy to hear reports of the great service.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:54 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Punchline.....

Waiting for it.....

Waiting.....

You were on an Asian carrier flying between something like TPE and HKG? Emirates from DXB to IST?

(I'd believe the great service from an excellent purser, but the salmon has me confused).
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Punchline.....

Waiting for it.....

Waiting.....

You were on an Asian carrier flying between something like TPE and HKG? Emirates from DXB to IST?

(I'd believe the great service from an excellent purser, but the salmon has me confused).
You’d be surprised. UA Mainline A320 EWR-PWM (yes, Maine, the 50min flight) had an Asian Salad with Beef served rapidly with excellent service, and I’ve been served nothing but a cheese course on LGA-IAH, so mis-caters to happen on occasion.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:52 am

nashville to ohare. i was wondering if it was just dumb luck there was food on the flight.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by elbejt2
nashville to ohare. i was wondering if it was just dumb luck there was food on the flight.
Catering guy probably swapped the ORD for SFO.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
You should probably buy a lottery ticket, as I haven't seen that kind of service on a short flight in years.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by elbejt2
Yes.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
I was half expecting the subject line to be sarcastic, glad it was an actual good flight
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:58 pm

I'm posting this in the 2018 thread since it is neverthan last year 's thread.
I had a few very nice flights in December 2017. Polaris business from EWR to Europe and back were very enjoyable and I slept nicely on both legs. A couple of short domestic flights were also great, with a CPU to first as a lower status holding customer.
Once I had arrived at my destination airport in Europe, I disembarked, was first to go through customs and soon after collected my bag from the baggage claim. I was feet away from walking out of the airport when I hear someone say Mister (my last name) being called. I turn around and two of the cabin crew members from my flight were calling for me. They told me I had left my IPad on the aircraft. I would not have known had they not come after me to tell me. They said that the gate agents working the return flight could bring the device to the check in counter. I was greatful and thanked FAs. I did go to the check in counter and was told that the gate did have my iPad but I would have to wait until the flight departed for the gate agents to bring my device to me. I couldn't wait so I asked that the IPad be brought to airport Lost and Found where I picked it up the next day.
jsloan likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Just sent a note to 1kvoice and customercompliment to thank Cathy, Sheila and Alexander - all part of the ground staff at LAX.

I just flew in on UA1165 EWR-LAX (depart 01/26/18) and we arrived just after midnight. As I walked out of the terminal and to my car in Park One, I realized that I was missing my small camera from my pants pocket. I walked back to the terminal and Cathy contacted the over the wing ground crew in Terminal 7 – Alexander picked up on the call and went to my seat and found the camera while Sheila walked up from the Baggage Claim and brought the newly found camera to me downstairs.

My very best thanks to all of them for spending the time to find the camera and reuniting it with me so quickly.

David
jsloan and Kannai like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.