Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
United has reconfigured its 757-300 planes to increase density, primarily by adding non E+ seats (1 fewer E+ seats, 22 more E seats).

New Configuration
Boeing 757-300 (753)
24F 54E+ 156E

Post 165 assesses Seats 7DE (and 8ABC) (summary - watch out)
The armrest between 23 B/C and D/E is movable.
The inboard armrest on 23A & F is fixed and contains the tray table.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-753

Previous thread:Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
New configuration

Originally Posted by findark
Odds are you will be fine. Your frame hasn't been "swapped" in any real sense of the word - it's just now that they have any new 753s flying they want to come up with a "composite" seatmap such that regardless of which frame flies they don't sell seats that don't exist (normally this process makes a lot more sense, like blocking half of row 12 on the composite 739 since it's only sometimes E+ -- this particular composite seatmap is a little crazy).

Right now, there are 21 753s in service with United: 18 are flying in the old configuration, 1 is flying in the new config, and 2 are in the shop for modification. This likely won't change very much in a month, so you probably have about a 3 in 20 chance of seeing the new config.
I guess we got these odds . has anyone had the pleasure (ha!) of flying the new configuration yet? I leave on Monday and just check and lost my assigned seats and broke up our party - it looks like it’s the new configuration and I don’t know what the heck to pick now!. Selected 15 but worried about the missing window that used to be in 16!

Last edited by s0479; Mar 4, 2018 at 10:16 am
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Any intel if Row 21 reclines?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA AAdvantage, SWA
Yeah any intel would be appreciated. I'm booked on one tomorrow, I nabbed 23A, figuring it will recline and I can use 21A as my under-seat storage. But if anyone knows any different, I still have 18 hours or so to change my seat, still lots of E+ seats available, but if my assumptions are correct, 23A should be a really good seat.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA AAdvantage, SWA
OK my assumptions were correct, 23A is a good seat, it reclines and you can use 21A as your under-seat storage. Although having to unbuckle your seat belt to get your stuff is a little bit of a pain. Also, your tray is in your armrest, and if it's one of those seats on which the armrest doesn't go up. There is no power outlet between 23A and 23B, but there is one between 23B and 23C.

Row 21 does not recline. Row 22 might recline, but I'm not sure. 21 has a lot of legroom though. 23, has normal E+ leg room although obviously, A and F have tons of leg room. Not sure why 22 is not E+, looked like there was a decent pitch, but maybe not.
danpeake and NoLaGent like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K
New 757-300 Layout?

Was looking at flights this September and the seat map of the 757-300 suddenly looked weird. Like Door#2 is gone? Also missing one of the over wing exit rows. Is this what they put in a placeholder or is this the new 757-300 layout?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm curious about what happens with row 9 for non-Premier members. Does anyone know? It's E+ in both old and new layout, so it is indeed odd that the placeholder doesn't show it as E+ or block it as done with 9DEF (which in and of itself is also weird).

I don't have any reservations left without my MP number attached, or I might be willing to test on myself.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Just had my first flight on the new config. A few impressions:

- It was really shocking to see 7DE basically (but I guess not legally) blocking the exit at 2R. Not in a safety sense, but it was just visually jarring - with that much grubbing for more seats I'm honestly surprised they didn't just add a 7BC and force everyone to board through 1L.
- The new F seat is growing on me, but the tray table remains very low (and is really heavy) and the seat has a lot of holes for things to fall into and not be cleaned out of
- The cavernous cutout at 1AB is still there

The frame swapped between new and old configs within T-48 so I suspect there were some seat assignment woes in Y.
radiowell and evol like this.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:54 pm

- It was really shocking to see 7DE basically (but I guess not legally) blocking the exit at 2R. Not in a safety sense, but it was just visually jarring - with that much grubbing for more seats I'm honestly surprised they didn't just add a 7BC and force everyone to board through 1L.
- The new F seat is growing on me, but the tray table remains very low (and is really heavy) and the seat has a lot of holes for things to fall into and not be cleaned out of

The frame swapped between new and old configs within T-48 so I suspect there were some seat assignment woes in Y.
Bolding mine. Thank you for reporting!
Old May 7, 2018, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Although the interim map is inconsistent with either actual config, it actually did a relatively good job of being conservative with allowed seat assignments, so that there doesn't seem to be much Y scramble when the final map shakes out somewhere between T-72 and T-48. The only uncertainty I have is still over 9ABC, but from what I have seen they just leave those assignments alone and whoever has selected them without entitlement or charge just lucks into E+.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by fumje
Although the interim map is inconsistent with either actual config, it actually did a relatively good job of being conservative with allowed seat assignments, so that there doesn't seem to be much Y scramble when the final map shakes out somewhere between T-72 and T-48. The only uncertainty I have is still over 9ABC, but from what I have seen they just leave those assignments alone and whoever has selected them without entitlement or charge just lucks into E+.
Indeed, but in this case we were first assigned an old frame, and then frame swapped around T-24 to a new frame. Definitely some deleted seats on that swap (e.g. 7ABC, 22AF, 23 becomes exit row, etc.)
Old May 8, 2018, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed, but in this case we were first assigned an old frame, and then frame swapped around T-24 to a new frame. Definitely some deleted seats on that swap (e.g. 7ABC, 22AF, 23 becomes exit row, etc.)
Ah, yes, hadn't thought about / haven't seen that, but it seems like trouble.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
So if your flight shows this configuration at booking, what are the seats to select? Seems like the "good" E+ seats aren't available (e.g., Row 7, Row 23) . . .
Old May 8, 2018, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drewguy
So if your flight shows this configuration at booking, what are the seats to select? Seems like the "good" E+ seats aren't available (e.g., Row 7, Row 23) . . .
Select the best seat available, and then check frequently for the final map starting at T-72. Most people don't know to do, so you have a decent shot at catching the better seats.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drewguy
I think the key is to be vigilant to grab the good seats when the frame is assigned (usually between midnight and 3am CST the third night prior to departure).
Old May 8, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Only row 21 is exit row with extra pitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.