FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:33 am
s0479

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
New configuration

Originally Posted by findark
Odds are you will be fine. Your frame hasn't been "swapped" in any real sense of the word - it's just now that they have any new 753s flying they want to come up with a "composite" seatmap such that regardless of which frame flies they don't sell seats that don't exist (normally this process makes a lot more sense, like blocking half of row 12 on the composite 739 since it's only sometimes E+ -- this particular composite seatmap is a little crazy).

Right now, there are 21 753s in service with United: 18 are flying in the old configuration, 1 is flying in the new config, and 2 are in the shop for modification. This likely won't change very much in a month, so you probably have about a 3 in 20 chance of seeing the new config.
I guess we got these odds . has anyone had the pleasure (ha!) of flying the new configuration yet? I leave on Monday and just check and lost my assigned seats and broke up our party - it looks like it’s the new configuration and I don’t know what the heck to pick now!. Selected 15 but worried about the missing window that used to be in 16!

Last edited by s0479; Mar 4, 2018 at 10:16 am