Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Why / When would you like to use a shower at a UA lounge / club?

Presently for UCs, only the C123 EWR UC has showers
All the Polaris lounges have showers
The SFO T2 MLL has showers

Reported the new DEN UC will have showers and showers will be introduced at hub UCs when remodeled
Print Wikipost

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
I had a lovely shower at the MIA Admirals Club on Tuesday. I had a long day of business activities and didn't want to fly out in paid F to my domestic destination 5+ hours away still wearing the day. Another reminder of UA's silliness and another reason I am not a UC customer except when it's gratis.
I now fly DL premium t-con in part because they have showers at both ends. Especially appreciated after the eastbound redeye.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
I now fly DL premium t-con in part because they have showers at both ends. Especially appreciated after the eastbound redeye.
The biggest head-scratcher IMO is that United has not (to my recollection) stated that J customers on the former p.s. routes will have access to the Polaris lounges at SFO/LAX/EWR. So, not only does UA want customers to fly to EWR instead of JFK, until they state otherwise we can assume that they won't even offer the shower facilities which their competitors provide at JFK. I expect that the shower situation is a deal-breaker for many J pax (especially on red-eyes) who would otherwise be willing to fly in/out of EWR instead of JFK.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SS255
The biggest head-scratcher IMO is that United has not (to my recollection) stated that J customers on the former p.s. routes will have access to the Polaris lounges at SFO/LAX/EWR.
Maybe they're waiting to see how the crowds are in the new Polaris lounges?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
Maybe they're waiting to see how the crowds are in the new Polaris lounges?
Maybe. But if they have to wait and see, the Polaris lounges are too small.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Lack of showers US domestic is the reason I am no longer a member of UA Club ....... I have other lounge access that I rarely use and 2 emergency UA passes from the explorer card....... I mostly travel intercontinental anyway..... Looked at it in it's entirety, the UA lounge products is an exercise in how not to do a lounge service.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: Ex-UA Silver | Global Entry | Ex-HH Gold
Does the United club at EWR have showers?

I got a one time pass left and have to fly to EWR for work from SFO. Its going to be a redeye flight and arrives around 6am. Are there showers I can use at EWR? If not where can I go. I will be busy all day long need some place to freshen up.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I think showers have been removed from most United Clubs during the renovations. The better place to ask is in the United subforum, esp. since EWR has multiple UCs. or United.com will probably tell you if you pull up the list of UC locations as it lists the amenities of the various lounges.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: Ex-UA Silver | Global Entry | Ex-HH Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I think showers have been removed from most United Clubs during the renovations. The better place to ask is in the United subforum, esp. since EWR has multiple UCs. or United.com will probably tell you if you pull up the list of UC locations as it lists the amenities of the various lounges.
Can this be moved or should I post again?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gregoryad
Can this be moved or should I post again?
Go give this thread a read: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1310173-best-united-club-ewr-8.html

If your question is still unanswered then post your question there.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Go give this thread a read:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...lub-ewr-8.html

If your question is still unanswered then post your question there.
I think it will be neater for the lovely people in United to have a look at this, since it is essentially an airline dedicated lounge, so I shall move it over. But thanks to the OP for asking the question.
CWS/mod
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by gregoryad
I got a one time pass left and have to fly to EWR for work from SFO. Its going to be a redeye flight and arrives around 6am. Are there showers I can use at EWR? If not where can I go. I will be busy all day long need some place to freshen up.
Sadly, shower access at EWR will be just about non-existent. The best I could suggest is a day-room at the Marriott, as it's so close.
They state 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM so that might be an issue also. Not sure if they allow an earlier arrival.
Newark International Airport Marriott Day Rates
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
My least favorite consequence of Polaris, and a glaring deficiency relative to AA and DL which have showers in their respective membership lounge products at key airports.
auandagbug, halls120 and zeer0 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EWR764
My least favorite consequence of Polaris, and a glaring deficiency relative to AA and DL which have showers in their respective membership lounge products at key airports.
Also, the most major reason why I will continue to fly AA over UA. Last month I had a long connection at LAX flying UA. It was a long day and I wanted to get a shower so I had to go over to the AA Club in Terminal 5. With such a beautiful UA Club Lounge at LAX - not having a shower facility is a major deficiency and it is costing UA business.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cova
Also, the most major reason why I will continue to fly AA over UA. Last month I had a long connection at LAX flying UA. It was a long day and I wanted to get a shower so I had to go over to the AA Club in Terminal 5. With such a beautiful UA Club Lounge at LAX - not having a shower facility is a major deficiency and it is costing UA business.
The Star Alliance Lounge at LAX has very nice showers. @:-)
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by transportprof
The Star Alliance Lounge at LAX has very nice showers. @:-)
which will in no way help out the OP... he is flying NYC-CA, and the *A lounge requires either J/F or you be a non-UA airline. From their web-site:

" Some member airlines offer lounge access if you are travelling in Domestic First Class although restrictions apply for Domestic First Class passengers travelling with United Airlines in the United States, where there is no lounge entitlement for Domestic First Class customers. You will need to show your boarding pass in Domestic First Class for a Star Alliance member airline operated flight departing from the local airport. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport."

" Some member airlines offer lounge access if you are travelling in Domestic Business Class, however restrictions apply for Domestic Business Class passengers travelling with United Airlines in the USA. You will need to show your boarding pass in Domestic Business Class on a Star Alliance member airline operated flight departing from the local airport. You are not entitled to bring any guests."

" If you are a United MileagePlus Star Alliance Gold customer, you may only access the United Clubs within the U.S. when departing from that airport on an international Star Alliance flight."

If you are flying UA on the old PS routes, or basically on any domestic route, all the club passes, a UC membership, GS, etc will give you zippo shower access. You have to fly DL or AA to get that....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.