Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: UA
Beijing, China.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by freezefactor
Beijing, China.
fair enough, aerlingus does the same thing to me a lot, by directing me to the .co.uk site even when in dublin ireland. Maybe their geo-location provider that they use is out of date and your IP used to be in Japan
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
This has been happening for years. It's really odd (insert witty comment about incompetent IT and for good measure, blame unfair competition by the ME3).
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: HH G, MR/SPG G, IHG Plat, Club Carlson G, National Exec
I have the exact same issue here in Shanghai, and have to 米国 my way out of it every single time. whatismyipaddress.com says I'm in Thailand...

I guess ME3 competition keeps UA on high alert to not mix up Arabic and Hebrew
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
I doubt it's accidental with the possibility the JP sales cities offer higher fares than the CN sales cities thus the desire to map the default over to JP.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
I just manually edit the web address and put in "en-us" in place of whatever .bomb puts in there....
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:20 am

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
DL's does/did the same thing when I was flying them to PVG, NRT, and HKG. For either, just bookmark the English Web page. (Safari remembers it, and when you enter 'unite....' It will auto fill the U.S. address.)
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
the site is taking a very long time to ticket a reservation i made this morning, with open R on both legs...i'm getting impatient
Old Aug 14, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Originally Posted by jasonp622
the site is taking a very long time to ticket a reservation i made this morning, with open R on both legs...i'm getting impatient
I had something similar happen to me a few days ago on last-minute booking. I never received the receipt email, so looked like wasn't ticketed. But then on ua.com it finally looked ticketed, let me apply RPU, and check in. Even without receipt on website, so I called and agent couldn't see it either. She called some help line and was told the receipts were very backed up and slowly going out. I never got the "official" receipt email but next morning it was online and I did manage to email it to myself.

Other times when it hadn't ticketed within 45 minutes, I called. In those cases always been some fare processing glitch and ticket had no intention of ticketing without agent intervention.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:19 am
Original Member

UA online check-in down this morning?

Made two attempts to check-in online this morning...first wouldn't get past the page showing flights & seats (Review Traveler Details)

Second got almost to the end and errored out. Said to get help at the airport..

UA online check-in down for anyone else this AM? If it has not stuck several times at the Review Traveler Details page I would expect that I have some reservation problem..
Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
I checked in for tomorrow morning, no problem ...
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:17 am
Original Member

Any chance that getting an upgrade to First on my first flight tomorrow has screwed up the reservation? Additional tries get me the "We are unable to complete the check-in process at this time. Please proceed to the airport for assistance" message now...
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:27 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
What does your reservation look like ? Occasionally, I'll see a message like "! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued." towards the top of the reservation. This usually indicates your reservation is "out of sync" and you won't be able to check in. This can be corrected with a quick call.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I just checked in for my flight tomorrow morning using united.com website. No issues, worked just like it always has.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Originally Posted by GeorgeJ
Any chance that getting an upgrade to First on my first flight tomorrow has screwed up the reservation? ...
Yup, call in. Happened to me a few weeks ago. Some glitch. Agent fixed it up and I printed my boarding pass while still on the phone. Everything was fine after that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.