Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:44 pm

Same for me and wife. Looks like an issue on their end. OR THEY BANNED US ALL!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plat, SPG/M P75 and few from CC
Not sure if it's related to 1/31/2017
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott Gold (UA), Hertz PC (UA), HH Gold (cc), Avis PP, National EC Executive
Phewwww glad I found this thread.

I thought they'd discovered one of my nefarious activities -- like asking nicely to get a friend on my miles / award ticket into E+ seats for free -- and kicked me out.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
LOL , misery loves company

Was told give it 30 minutes
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:50 pm
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
Me too, can't login on the laptop, panicked, called UA, on hold for 20 minutes, saw this thread on flyertalk and hung up.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:51 pm
sb3

Programs: UA-1K
Originally Posted by tcp1
Calling in now to the MPSC I now am being told there are 30+ minute hold times.

I can log in with the app, but I get an error on the mobile site.
Try the reservation 800# instead of the MPSC. They picked up very quickly for me, even w/out my known phone. YMMV.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Glad I found this thread too. I was just about to call MP. I can login on my phone app but not on my computer.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, HH-Gold, MR - Gold, HY-Explorist
Still a problem. It stopped recognizing my browser, asked me my security questions so I had hope, then locked my account after I gave the right answers. Still won't generate the reset email... fun times.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sidne
It just happened to me, too.

I was able to get in on the app AND the mobile website from my phone. Trying to log into the full site via phone ended up with the same message.
Same issue here, both Android and iOS app works though.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:00 pm

Location: UA 1K 3MM, UA 1P/1K since mid '80s; CO Bronze/Silver since mid 80's, Austin, Texas
Same here. I called in around 2100 central to extend a couple GPUs. Took a few minutes, but all cheerfully done. Two hours later I tried to log in and then call in. Nothing is recognized. Wait times 30 minutes plus. After a few minutes of morphed Rhapsody music, I hung up. It's been a long time since I've listened to that for more than five minutes.

Who knows why? Just glad it's not a glitch on my end.

Once again, FlyerTalk provides great info. Thanks for the thread.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by tcp1
Yes. When I try to login it says "Please contact the Mileage Plus Service Center for assistance with your account."

Calling in now to the MPSC I now am being told there are 30+ minute hold times.

I can log in with the app, but I get an error on the mobile site.

It also doesn't recognize me on my known phone as usual.

It was working fine not just three hours ago, when I called in to extend a GPU and got in and out in five minutes. United's stellar IT at work as usual.
This actually has happened to me for quite some time.

Before December my profile phone number was picked up immediately by UA phone system, but afterwards it did not work. Kept asking me to provide MP number, but the voice message always got it wrong. Hope it is a patch that fixes some of the bugs.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Have archived united.com website issues posts from 2012-2015 into this thread.
The active thread is still http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...te-issues.html.
Placed a link in the active thread's wiki back to this thread for future reference.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:21 pm
Suspended

something def wrong. couldn't login, called not recognized. told i was the 5th caller with a problem.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:47 pm

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
I'm assuming it's broken for all... Doesn't work for me or my wife. Android app timed out trying to retrieve a reservation saying that data services were unavailable.

GPUs, RPUs and Status all expired today/tonight. Probably related.. ??
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
it's up but parts aren't working properly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.