Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2023, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Either is probably fine, but I might pick midnight Central and hope for a HNL phone agent. They are the best.
iluv2fly, SPN Lifer and Ilove2fly like this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA1K
I had a LH schedule change on a 220-issued ticket. Outbound was LH which I rebooked to AC, while return is UA. The UA PNR is now showing both LH and AC flights. Do I need to do anything to get this fixed or is it fine if I leave as is, as long as LH is showing the correct itinerary on their website?

Just want to make sure UA won’t somehow think I didn’t take the LH flights and cancel my return. But also know these systems don’t always play nice and don’t want my tickets irrevocably canceled by some agent error.

Hopefully that makes sense. Thank you!
Old Dec 29, 2023, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by unitedwildcat
I had a LH schedule change on a 220-issued ticket. Outbound was LH which I rebooked to AC, while return is UA. The UA PNR is now showing both LH and AC flights. Do I need to do anything to get this fixed or is it fine if I leave as is, as long as LH is showing the correct itinerary on their website?

Just want to make sure UA won’t somehow think I didn’t take the LH flights and cancel my return. But also know these systems don’t always play nice and don’t want my tickets irrevocably canceled by some agent error.

Hopefully that makes sense. Thank you!
UA won't know what you took and won't cancel anything on a 220 ticket.

As long as the UA flight shows correctly and things look good on the LH and AC side, there is nothing IMHO to worry about
SPN Lifer and unitedwildcat like this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:49 am

Oh boy, I was booked on a late afternoon SFO-AUS on April 4th, and that's just been rescheduled - they assigned me to that awful red-eye instead. That's terrible! (Now to try to get on something earlier....)
Old Jan 11, 2024, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by the_citrus
Oh boy, I was booked on a late afternoon SFO-AUS on April 4th, and that's just been rescheduled - they assigned me to that awful red-eye instead. That's terrible! (Now to try to get on something earlier....)
call them. With that kind of change you'll get whatever you want on a reasonable routing
Old Jan 11, 2024, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
call them. With that kind of change you'll get whatever you want on a reasonable routing
Yes, was able to get on the 1:30pm departure. Unfortunately it's very disruptive not to have any flights between 1:30pm and the red-eye - there's a routing through LAX, but if I misconnect there, the next LAX-AUS flight isn't until after 10am the next morning, so this is the only one that will work. Wait times were very long; went through the Chat functionality instead.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, was able to get on the 1:30pm departure. Unfortunately it's very disruptive not to have any flights between 1:30pm and the red-eye - there's a routing through LAX, but if I misconnect there, the next LAX-AUS flight isn't until after 10am the next morning, so this is the only one that will work. Wait times were very long; went through the Chat functionality instead.
Connect through IAH if you want the most options to AUS.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
Originally Posted by jsloan
Connect through IAH if you want the most options to AUS.
Surprisingly, not really.
If I want to leave later than 1:05pm and arrive in AUS the same day, there are very few options.
There are IAH connections at 1:09pm and 2:43pm, but that doesn't really help too much.
Aside from that... a short (45min) LAX connection leaving SFO at 4:30pm, a short-ish DEN connection leaving SFO at 3:55pm, and that's it. The next day, nothing arrives in AUS from SFO before 1pm.

Original departure time was 6:53pm which would have allowed for a full day of work before...now, that's really not an option, unless you want one of those sub-4 hour redeyes. I thought about a late arrival in IAH, but then there's a long drive to AUS on the other end.
jsloan likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 4:39 pm

I have a future flight (EWR-DEN, round trip) where I purchased Economy Plus seats. But then I got a flight change email notification, moving the flights about 30 minutes on both departure and arrival. Which was fine -- and then I received an email that refunded my seat upgrades -- but then when I checked on the flights, I still have those seats? Is this some new policy? Did I just make out like a bandit without doing a thing?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 5:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sjwoo
when I checked on the flights, I still have those seats? Is this some new policy?
No, just bad IT. Keep checking on the seats, though, as they could get changed if United runs a sweep.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
No, just bad IT. Keep checking on the seats, though, as they could get changed if United runs a sweep.
Interesting...my flight isn't until May, so if United runs these sweeps even monthly, then I'm probably going to lose these seats. Would it make sense for me to just update my seats (I can do a lateral, just move from one aisle to another) so I pay for the seats again to be assured I will keep these Econo Plus seats?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Be aware of literally millions of visitors that weekend due to solar power being shut down from TX to ME (and in Canada from ON to NL) for up to 4.5 min Mon 4/08 afternoon. AUS and DFW are selling at $1000 r/t from many locations. Many flights will be full.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
Be aware of literally millions of visitors that weekend due to solar power being shut down from TX to ME (and in Canada from ON to NL) for up to 4.5 min Mon 4/08 afternoon. AUS and DFW are selling at $1000 r/t from many locations. Many flights will be full.
YES, and, we are actually traveling for my partner's work conference that was dubiously and/or fortuitously scheduled for 4/5 and 4/6. Gave us an excuse to try to see the eclipse as well. A prior schedule change moved our return trip from 5am to 7am on 4/9, but that's not the end of the world. The conference is actually in SAT but AUS just has so many more flights.

With such high fares on AUS flights, I'm surprised UA got rid of one....
jsloan likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:04 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
can you elaborate on this?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
can you elaborate on this?
https://science.nasa.gov/eclipses/fu...24/where-when/

Austin is directly in the path of totality.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.