Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wilp888
Sleep-Enticing Amenities

In addition to the sleep-enticing United Polaris personal suites, several other amenities were designed with our customers' sleep in mind.

In a first-of-its-kind partnership, United has worked with leading luxury specialty store Saks Fifth Avenue for custom-designed bedding. All designed to provide the best sleep in the sky, the new bedding collection will feature plush duvets, lightweight day-blankets and a large and small pillow for each United Polaris customer. In addition, mattress cushions will be available upon request.

Slippers will be available on all flights, and customized United Polaris pajamas will be available by request on flights longer than 12 hours*. Flyers will also be able to request a gel-cooled pillow. New amenity kits will feature ergonomically designed eye shades, calming lavender pillow mist and additional products from Soho House & Co.'s Cowshed Spa.

With the introduction of United Polaris, the airline intends to donate tens of thousands of pillows, blankets and other inflight service items to Fisher House Foundation, which United and its employees have long supported.
*Flights with pajama service (for both directions)
SFO - ICN, PEK, PVG, HGH, XIV, TPE, AKL, HKG, CTU, SYD, TLV, SIN
EWR - NRT, PEK, DEL, BOM, HKG, PVG
ORD - NRT, PEK PVG, HKG
LAX - PVG, SYD, MEL, SIN
IAD - NRT, PEK
IAH - NRT, SYD
(from United Twitter feed https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyjFHZLW...jpg&name=large

Trip reports with photos:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post27799060
Print Wikipost

Polaris In-flight Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
weird, i was on SFO-FRA on 3-24 with no bears, return 3-28 had bears
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
On yesterdays ORD-MUC there were bears. Two passengers in my row did not want theirs and gave them to me before we even departed ORD. So I got 3. My neighbors were not the only passengers that did not want their bears as when leaving the plane I could see them abandoned there (I thought 3 was good enough so did not collect any).

The Champagne was Drappier. I don't think I ever had it before. (In the Polaris Lounge it was Veuve Clicquot)

I like the big pillow so did not bother asking for the gel one.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SS255
We might need a dedicated thread for bear sightings.
Yes, PLEASE let's put the bears, the gel pillows and the slippers in their own thread ... these subjects are terrible time wasters.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
On yesterdays ORD-MUC there were bears. Two passengers in my row did not want theirs and gave them to me before we even departed ORD. So I got 3. My neighbors were not the only passengers that did not want their bears as when leaving the plane I could see them abandoned there (I thought 3 was good enough so did not collect any).

Maybe the market for bears will come down from the $80 they were worth on eBay in December.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Got the bear on 984 cdg - sfo today. Was very surprised. I missed it by a day during the first bear run.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
We got bears on 839 LAX-SYD 3/27. If you want to see pictures of one of our bears, Miles, in action I made a blog with some. No real content, just pictures of him in different places around Sydney.

http://ccie5851.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-adventures-of-miles-united-polaris.html
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Bears today on UA895 ORD-HKG. Excellent crew, great service in F.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:50 pm

Doing IAD/NRT next week. Really hope the latest shipment of bears lasts until then.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jasonp622
weird, i was on SFO-FRA on 3-24 with no bears, return 3-28 had bears
Bears are in celebration of first true Polaris flight on 3/25, SFO-HKG.

Not getting my hopes up that they'll still be around 4/21 when I'm doing SFO-FRA.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by RockinRon
We got bears on 839 LAX-SYD 3/27. If you want to see pictures of one of our bears, Miles, in action I made a blog with some. No real content, just pictures of him in different places around Sydney.

http://ccie5851.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-adventures-of-miles-united-polaris.html
Love this. I gave mine away and had instant regret. Was going to buy one on ebay but they're listed at $50 right now
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum
The bear will supposedly be available on all flights departing 31/3, and then no more. Possibly when new 77W routes are first flown, or when the retrofits enter service next year.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by esquesk
Love this. I gave mine away and had instant regret. Was going to buy one on ebay but they're listed at $50 right now
Thank you. We are having fun with it. We just added more pictures of Miles in Auckland and will add more as we progress around New Zealand. $50 is a bit steep for a stuffed bear.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:01 pm

Flew UA869 (777-300) SFO/HKG last Thursday (March 30).

- There were bears (with a label says 'celebrating United's first 777-300...')
- Champagne was Pommery
- Pre-departure drinks were served in regular plastic cups (the crew seemed to be struggling with new service)
- United Club was completely packed...glad they sent me over to GFL.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:16 pm

Damn, why didn't United think of this ancillary bear revenue earlier
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by UAinAUS
The bear will supposedly be available on all flights departing 31/3, and then no more. Possibly when new 77W routes are first flown, or when the retrofits enter service next year.
Ursa was not on UA 7 on 24 March, BUT was on UA 139 (along with the blue pillows and pyjamas - yay!) on 26 March in celebration of UA taking delivery of their 77W's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.