Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wilp888
Sleep-Enticing Amenities

In addition to the sleep-enticing United Polaris personal suites, several other amenities were designed with our customers' sleep in mind.

In a first-of-its-kind partnership, United has worked with leading luxury specialty store Saks Fifth Avenue for custom-designed bedding. All designed to provide the best sleep in the sky, the new bedding collection will feature plush duvets, lightweight day-blankets and a large and small pillow for each United Polaris customer. In addition, mattress cushions will be available upon request.

Slippers will be available on all flights, and customized United Polaris pajamas will be available by request on flights longer than 12 hours*. Flyers will also be able to request a gel-cooled pillow. New amenity kits will feature ergonomically designed eye shades, calming lavender pillow mist and additional products from Soho House & Co.'s Cowshed Spa.

With the introduction of United Polaris, the airline intends to donate tens of thousands of pillows, blankets and other inflight service items to Fisher House Foundation, which United and its employees have long supported.
*Flights with pajama service (for both directions)
SFO - ICN, PEK, PVG, HGH, XIV, TPE, AKL, HKG, CTU, SYD, TLV, SIN
EWR - NRT, PEK, DEL, BOM, HKG, PVG
ORD - NRT, PEK PVG, HKG
LAX - PVG, SYD, MEL, SIN
IAD - NRT, PEK
IAH - NRT, SYD
(from United Twitter feed https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyjFHZLW...jpg&name=large

Trip reports with photos:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post27799060
Print Wikipost

Polaris In-flight Experiences

Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Polaris In-flight Experiences

With Polaris becoming live, it seems time to create a few separate threads

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 1, 2016 at 8:28 pm Reason: informational posting
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Live from Polaris flight right now...

On UA 49 BOM-EWR right now (223 pm NY Time) im Seat 4K. Happy to answer any questions (till I fall asleep since 1253 am in India time...).

I requested pjs as soon as I boarded. Not many people knew about it and wasn't proactively offered. People around me saw me get it and also requested it. Didn't see anyone else ask for it. Same for slippers.
The mattress pads are rolled up in overheads and also weren't offered but can be grabbed by anyone.
The gel pillow also not given out and I'm only one I can see now with it.

The pre-flight drink was given in cool plastic cup with a tray with a stand and with a piece of chocolate (bonbon style).

I did get the bear...

Trying to attach pic but not sure how to...
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
even in F class the Flight Attendants did not offer mattress pads. Reality is Polaris is NOT going to work unless UA can get the FA's to do a bit more work.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by flybit
even in F class the Flight Attendants did not offer mattress pads. Reality is Polaris is NOT going to work unless UA can get the FA's to do a bit more work.
If you are talking Global First...there have many reports of inconsistent offering. Some have, some haven't. On my recent GF, they offered before we even departed.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Yes my problem with UA is mostly the FAs. Even most of the good ones treat you like they are your mom and are waiting for you to go live on your own
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by anandrag
On UA 49 BOM-EWR right now (223 pm NY Time) im Seat 4K. Happy to answer any questions (till I fall asleep since 1253 am in India time...).

I requested pjs as soon as I boarded. Not many people knew about it and wasn't proactively offered. People around me saw me get it and also requested it. Didn't see anyone else ask for it. Same for slippers.
The mattress pads are rolled up in overheads and also weren't offered but can be grabbed by anyone.

The pre-flight drink was given in cool plastic cup with a tray with a stand and with a piece of chocolate (bonbon style).

I did get the bear...

4k first or biz?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA GS
The burning question on everyone's mind is whether you can get the cheese, sundae, AND dessert, or if you have to pick from one of the three.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Bruin1K
4k first or biz?
Biz 2 class of service since legacy CO plane
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, GE/TSAPre

I did get the bear...

So the slippers are only given on request? Wonder if they are boarding only a limited number like PJs
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by villox
The burning question on everyone's mind is whether you can get the cheese, sundae, AND dessert, or if you have to pick from one of the three.
Will let u know...
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:52 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
omg you should ask for the full wine tasting then quiz them on the different types. then have two different ones with dinner before ordering and change it up. just be as high maintenance and informed as possible.

and ask for as many grill cheese as you can. but that you want it for an entree. then the entree for desert. with cheese. and a sundae. and then a moscow mule but extra vodka just put a splash of the juice in it. then more cheese. then henney+grand marnier.

that's what i'd do.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Polaris is NOT going to work unless UA can get the FA's to do a bit more work.
^ I'm extremely skeptical of Polaris given UA's deep-rooted human factors problems.

...my problem with UA is mostly the FAs. Even most of the good ones treat you like they are your mom and are waiting for you to go live on your own
Ha! True.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cur
omg you should ask for the full wine tasting then quiz them on the different types. then have two different ones with dinner before ordering and change it up. just be as high maintenance and informed as possible.

and ask for as many grill cheese as you can. but that you want it for an entree. then the entree for desert. with cheese. and a sundae. and then a moscow mule but extra vodka just put a splash of the juice in it. then more cheese. then henney+grand marnier.

that's what i'd do.
So you'd suggest doing everything within one's power to make Polaris go nuclear?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Here are the steps to post pics:

Go you your profile
Select “Shows all albums” on the right
Select “Add album” Be sure to make the album “Public”
After you have added an album and uploaded the pics to the album, click on the pic and you will see the BB code. Then post the BB code.

Looking forward to see your pics.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:09 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Yes my problem with UA is mostly the FAs. Even most of the good ones treat you like they are your mom and are waiting for you to go live on your own
hahaha this ^^^

i mean sometimes i'd have mom bring me a burbon for breakfast

Originally Posted by transportprof
So you'd suggest doing everything within one's power to make Polaris go nuclear?
"i'm entitled to my entitlements"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.