FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Polaris In-flight Experiences (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1806112-polaris-flight-experiences.html)

anandrag Dec 1, 2016 12:26 pm

Live from Polaris flight right now...

On UA 49 BOM-EWR right now (223 pm NY Time) im Seat 4K. Happy to answer any questions (till I fall asleep since 1253 am in India time...).

I requested pjs as soon as I boarded. Not many people knew about it and wasn't proactively offered. People around me saw me get it and also requested it. Didn't see anyone else ask for it. Same for slippers.
The mattress pads are rolled up in overheads and also weren't offered but can be grabbed by anyone.
The gel pillow also not given out and I'm only one I can see now with it.

The pre-flight drink was given in cool plastic cup with a tray with a stand and with a piece of chocolate (bonbon style).

I did get the bear...

Trying to attach pic but not sure how to...

WineCountryUA Dec 1, 2016 12:26 pm

Polaris In-flight Experiences

With Polaris becoming live, it seems time to create a few separate threads

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

flybit Dec 1, 2016 12:29 pm

even in F class the Flight Attendants did not offer mattress pads. Reality is Polaris is NOT going to work unless UA can get the FA's to do a bit more work.:mad:

BlueZebra Dec 1, 2016 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by flybit (Post 27552258)
even in F class the Flight Attendants did not offer mattress pads. Reality is Polaris is NOT going to work unless UA can get the FA's to do a bit more work.:mad:

If you are talking Global First...there have many reports of inconsistent offering. Some have, some haven't. On my recent GF, they offered before we even departed.

Bruin1K Dec 1, 2016 12:46 pm

Yes my problem with UA is mostly the FAs. Even most of the good ones treat you like they are your mom and are waiting for you to go live on your own

Bruin1K Dec 1, 2016 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 27552230)
On UA 49 BOM-EWR right now (223 pm NY Time) im Seat 4K. Happy to answer any questions (till I fall asleep since 1253 am in India time...).

I requested pjs as soon as I boarded. Not many people knew about it and wasn't proactively offered. People around me saw me get it and also requested it. Didn't see anyone else ask for it. Same for slippers.
The mattress pads are rolled up in overheads and also weren't offered but can be grabbed by anyone.

The pre-flight drink was given in cool plastic cup with a tray with a stand and with a piece of chocolate (bonbon style).

I did get the bear...

4k first or biz?

villox Dec 1, 2016 12:48 pm

The burning question on everyone's mind is whether you can get the cheese, sundae, AND dessert, or if you have to pick from one of the three.

anandrag Dec 1, 2016 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Bruin1K (Post 27552336)
4k first or biz?

Biz 2 class of service since legacy CO plane

phxrsng Dec 1, 2016 12:50 pm

I did get the bear...

So the slippers are only given on request? Wonder if they are boarding only a limited number like PJs

anandrag Dec 1, 2016 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by villox (Post 27552338)
The burning question on everyone's mind is whether you can get the cheese, sundae, AND dessert, or if you have to pick from one of the three.

Will let u know...

cur Dec 1, 2016 12:52 pm

omg you should ask for the full wine tasting then quiz them on the different types. then have two different ones with dinner before ordering and change it up. just be as high maintenance and informed as possible.

and ask for as many grill cheese as you can. but that you want it for an entree. then the entree for desert. with cheese. and a sundae. and then a moscow mule but extra vodka just put a splash of the juice in it. then more cheese. then henney+grand marnier.

that's what i'd do.

BearX220 Dec 1, 2016 12:59 pm

Polaris is NOT going to work unless UA can get the FA's to do a bit more work.

^ I'm extremely skeptical of Polaris given UA's deep-rooted human factors problems.

Originally Posted by Bruin1K (Post 27552333)
...my problem with UA is mostly the FAs. Even most of the good ones treat you like they are your mom and are waiting for you to go live on your own

Ha! True.

transportprof Dec 1, 2016 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by cur (Post 27552368)
omg you should ask for the full wine tasting then quiz them on the different types. then have two different ones with dinner before ordering and change it up. just be as high maintenance and informed as possible.

and ask for as many grill cheese as you can. but that you want it for an entree. then the entree for desert. with cheese. and a sundae. and then a moscow mule but extra vodka just put a splash of the juice in it. then more cheese. then henney+grand marnier.

that's what i'd do.

So you'd suggest doing everything within one's power to make Polaris go nuclear? :p

CAPT Tee Dec 1, 2016 1:09 pm

Here are the steps to post pics:

Go you your profile
Select “Shows all albums” on the right
Select “Add album” Be sure to make the album “Public”
After you have added an album and uploaded the pics to the album, click on the pic and you will see the BB code. Then post the BB code.

Looking forward to see your pics.

cur Dec 1, 2016 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Bruin1K (Post 27552333)
Yes my problem with UA is mostly the FAs. Even most of the good ones treat you like they are your mom and are waiting for you to go live on your own

hahaha this ^^^

i mean sometimes i'd have mom bring me a burbon for breakfast

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 27552420)
So you'd suggest doing everything within one's power to make Polaris go nuclear? :p

"i'm entitled to my entitlements"