Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wilp888
Sleep-Enticing Amenities

In addition to the sleep-enticing United Polaris personal suites, several other amenities were designed with our customers' sleep in mind.

In a first-of-its-kind partnership, United has worked with leading luxury specialty store Saks Fifth Avenue for custom-designed bedding. All designed to provide the best sleep in the sky, the new bedding collection will feature plush duvets, lightweight day-blankets and a large and small pillow for each United Polaris customer. In addition, mattress cushions will be available upon request.

Slippers will be available on all flights, and customized United Polaris pajamas will be available by request on flights longer than 12 hours*. Flyers will also be able to request a gel-cooled pillow. New amenity kits will feature ergonomically designed eye shades, calming lavender pillow mist and additional products from Soho House & Co.'s Cowshed Spa.

With the introduction of United Polaris, the airline intends to donate tens of thousands of pillows, blankets and other inflight service items to Fisher House Foundation, which United and its employees have long supported.
*Flights with pajama service (for both directions)
SFO - ICN, PEK, PVG, HGH, XIV, TPE, AKL, HKG, CTU, SYD, TLV, SIN
EWR - NRT, PEK, DEL, BOM, HKG, PVG
ORD - NRT, PEK PVG, HKG
LAX - PVG, SYD, MEL, SIN
IAD - NRT, PEK
IAH - NRT, SYD
(from United Twitter feed https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyjFHZLW...jpg&name=large

Trip reports with photos:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post27799060
Print Wikipost

Polaris In-flight Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Oh please. We all know what CIT85 meant. And I would tend to agree with him substantively. In terms of inflight product, the only "Polaris" that means anything (IMO) is the seat.

The fact that less knowledgable pax now associate "Polaris" with what is really just the old BF product emphasizes what a mistake it was for UA to begin the marketing campaign before they actually rolled out the hard product. The "Polaris" brand will never fully recover from that error.
Very much agree, Polaris has too many personalities (8 across,6 across,personal cubicle, narrow aisle business ,Old UA seat , Old ex co seat etc,etc) the drop from the initial service/product ,mediocre food and the consistent , inconsistent service.,
SQ seem to have done a good job over the years of heavier marketing to the routes as they roll out new products and being more specific on the timing
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
If UA wanted to rebrand (while eliminating GF), maybe UA should have done something like
Rename the cabin Polaris and call the new seat North Star
narvik and 747FC like this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by elitefreak

Bye bye tin
Very happy about this! My wife will love this bag, and she and I will be on Polaris to HKG and NRT again in November
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If UA wanted to rebrand (while eliminating GF), maybe UA should have done something like
Rename the cabin Polaris and call the new seat North Star
UA's linking of brand to seat was deliberate. It's how they got such a big splash. They knew there was going to be a gap period, and that some number of pax would be deceived/disappointed, but the delays with the Zodiac seat made it much worse than expected.
narvik likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
New Amenity Bag is a welcome change!

Definitely a high quality and more practical amenity bag. I have been tired of receiving the tins.

jazzhou and goodeats21 like this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Definitely a high quality and more practical amenity bag. I have been tired of receiving the tins.

Agree. Much better than the Tins...
EWR764 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by elitefreak

Bye bye tin
Nice! Any change to contents?

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Agree. Much better than the Tins...
+1. I am completely tinned-out... hopefully they are gone for good.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:05 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by EWR764
Nice! Any change to contents?
Looks like the same content according to UA:

Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Nice socks!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by physioprof
Nice socks!
Definitely! Much better than the standard solid blue socks in the tins. Looking forward to getting the bag next month

On the tins - my kids, at least, like them for storing stuff. My wife hates that I bring more junk into the house, lol.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
After spending the last couple of years flying almost exclusively DL, I'm finally flying the new "Polaris" service (but not seats) on LAX - SYD in a few days (thanks UA for R space + lower MUA cost).

What is the state of getting the gel-pillow and pajamas? Do I need to ask as soon as I board the plane if I want to make sure I get them or go on a hunt in the overhead bins around me in the back mini-cabin (sitting in 6E)?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Duke787
After spending the last couple of years flying almost exclusively DL, I'm finally flying the new "Polaris" service (but not seats) on LAX - SYD in a few days (thanks UA for R space + lower MUA cost).

What is the state of getting the gel-pillow and pajamas? Do I need to ask as soon as I board the plane if I want to make sure I get them or go on a hunt in the overhead bins around me in the back mini-cabin (sitting in 6E)?
Ask and you shall receive.
iluv2fly, Duke787 and Kacee like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Duke787

Dunno deets on PJs, but current Polaris service standard is every seat should have gel pillow on it when you board.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Pillow should be at your seat. Ask your FA for the PJs (and mattress pad if you want one.) I usually lead with "when you get a chance," when they come by with menus/pre-departure drinks.
In2ishn, Duke787 and Kacee like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Yep, the gel pillow should be waiting for you at your seat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.