Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX T7 United Club (UC) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

LAX T7 United Club (UC) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cczzll
I have a 9am LAX > HNL flight on UA (connecting to ANA bound for HND at HNL) next month, business class on both. I've been to the UA lounge pre-COVID many times, but now have AMEX Platinum. Is it worth it to walk to TBIT for the AMEX lounge, or should I just stay in T7? (Unfortunately, I'll hit Gold AFTER the LAX > HNL flight, so can't use the Star Alliance lounge.)
The Amex lounge is a total disaster, there is a thread on it in the Amex forum. Unless it’s literally your only option and you really really want to visit a lounge for some reason, I’d skip it. You’ll get more, and better tasting food on your HNL flight, and that speaks volumes about the Amex lounge.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Was here during late afternoon last week. Noodle bar was set up when I arrived. It was ok I suppose, mostly in the way that it was different than the typical lounge fare.

Empanadas came out shortly afterwards. Thought those were really good, one of the best items that I've had at a domestic lounge buffet (including the PLs) in a long while.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
I went to the LAX UC for the first time several weeks ago, and maybe I'm insane, but this might be my favorite UC. It felt huge and not crowded at all, which is a refreshing change. The outdoor deck and the seating area immediately off in the corner inside are amazing. I've been to the new EWR one several times this summer, and even though it's the flashiest, newest, and objectively the best UC, I've struggled to simply find an open seat there.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by bocastephen
The Amex lounge is a total disaster, there is a thread on it in the Amex forum. Unless it’s literally your only option and you really really want to visit a lounge for some reason, I’d skip it. You’ll get more, and better tasting food on your HNL flight, and that speaks volumes about the Amex lounge.
OP.. Old news! Things are improving, check out the appropriate CL thread
However the UA club is quite nice. You also have access to the TBIT * alliance lounge if your *Gold.. You may want to enter TSA in TBIT if not checking luggage
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by cczzll
I have a 9am LAX > HNL flight on UA (connecting to ANA bound for HND at HNL) next month, business class on both. I've been to the UA lounge pre-COVID many times, but now have AMEX Platinum. Is it worth it to walk to TBIT for the AMEX lounge, or should I just stay in T7? (Unfortunately, I'll hit Gold AFTER the LAX > HNL flight, so can't use the Star Alliance lounge.)
You will not have access to the UC or any *A lounge based on Class of Service at LAX.

*A class of service rules only care about the immediate flight leaving that airport (in this case LAX-HNL) which does not provide access. UA class of service rules require the international segment to be on UA metal to give access to the overall itinerary.

If you make *G before that flight and/or have a UC membership, then you can visit either the UC, AC MLL or *A lounge in TBIT.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
OP.. Old news! Things are improving, check out the appropriate CL thread
I do frequently and I don’t see anything improving there at all. If a club is a must, paying to enter the UC is a better idea by far.
LAXOGG likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I do frequently and I don’t see anything improving there at all. If a club is a must, paying to enter the UC is a better idea by far.
Frequently, when was your last visit to a CL? Some people have different expectations! I agree the UC at LAX T7 is fantastic, so is the star gold lounge in TBIT. I think the CL lounge in TBIT is a good alternative as well. All depends on your access. Life is good
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: Chase, United
Access to UA club? AC Business LAX->YVR

I fly air canada business class LAX to YVR. Should I have access to the UA club at LAX -- that is, should this count as *A boarding pass international premium travel and gain access?

If so, does the UA club have an outdoor terrace? Any tips on getting there -- I look for an airside bridge or tunnel from T6 to T7? thanks in advance!
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zoechow
I fly air canada business class LAX to YVR. Should I have access to the UA club at LAX -- that is, should this count as *A boarding pass international premium travel and gain access?

If so, does the UA club have an outdoor terrace? Any tips on getting there -- I look for an airside bridge or tunnel from T6 to T7? thanks in advance!
Yes to access. (Also yes to access AC MLL in T6, if of interest.)

Yes to outdoor terrace. It is all the way at the far side of the club from the entrance escalators.

For finding the club, there is an airside walkway from T6 to T7 just next to TSA (left if you've just come through TSA, right if you're walking from terminal), and the club is right at the base of T7 at the end of the walkway. You could also just go through TSA at T7 if you prefer; I think not much difference in terms of time.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by fumje
Yes to access. (Also yes to access AC MLL in T6, if of interest.)

Yes to outdoor terrace. It is all the way at the far side of the club from the entrance escalators.

For finding the club, there is an airside walkway from T6 to T7 just next to TSA (left if you've just come through TSA, right if you're walking from terminal), and the club is right at the base of T7 at the end of the walkway. You could also just go through TSA at T7 if you prefer; I think not much difference in terms of time.
thanks. This is so helpful. I think I’m more interested in the ua club because I think the ac mll doesn’t have outdoor space (though I could be wrong). Anyway, thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks. This is so helpful. I think I’m more interested in the ua club because I think the ac mll doesn’t have outdoor space (though I could be wrong). Anyway, thanks!
Correct, no outdoor space at MLL. It is also small and so can be a little crowded sometimes. Enjoy your visit to the UC.
zoechow likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
You could also just go through TSA at T7 if you prefer; I think not much difference in terms of time.
So I infer from this that my AC boarding pass, and the fact that I am not checking anything, would mean that I can get dropped off at T7 and go through there?

Now that I look at the map, that might be a huge plus, as I think the drive to T6 in the crazy current traffic is a lot longer (there is a shortcut from T1 to T7).

Is there still a TSA-pre line in T7? (That's my recollection from last year, now that I think of it).
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I infer from this that my AC boarding pass, and the fact that I am not checking anything, would mean that I can get dropped off at T7 and go through there?

Now that I look at the map, that might be a huge plus, as I think the drive to T6 in the crazy current traffic is a lot longer (there is a shortcut from T1 to T7).

Is there still a TSA-pre line in T7? (That's my recollection from last year, now that I think of it).
Yes to all. You can go through TSA at any terminal with any boarding pass for that day (at that airport). If being dropped off, the shortcut to T7 is usually worth using even if going to T6 (just walk back curbside).
Flying Machine and zoechow like this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 12:11 pm

U

United Club LAX...awesome thanksgiving meal served during lunch hours. It was very delicious.

​​​​​​Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old Nov 24, 2022, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Another shot of LAX spread. Turkey breast, cranberry, mashed, stuffing, green beans, gravy, pie. I get to pass on UA’s fine onboard catering to HNL Well done, LAX!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.