Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX T7 United Club (UC) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

LAX T7 United Club (UC) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by WhiskeyCavalier
Could a non Polaris star gold flying international get into the star alliance lounge? I’m flying UA outmoded terminal 7. I’m not sure how I would get past security to get to the lounge. Thanks.
Tip. If this is your origination flight why not just check in through TSA at TBIT and you only have a walk back to terminal 7 when you’re done! Your BP will be accepted there
seanp7 likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Tip. If this is your origination flight why not just check in through TSA at TBIT and you only have a walk back to terminal 7 when you’re done! Your BP will be accepted there
Exactly - but one caveat, I've run into some nitwit TSA agents on power trips who insist on seeing a passport because TBIT "is an international terminal" (their words), so if you are not carrying a passport, be prepared for a confrontation and escalation to a supervisor. In the past, I also had confrontations with the escalator matrons who tried to deny me access upstairs and didn't understand or care about lounges or lounge access, but it hasn't been an issue for awhile, at least for me.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Exactly - but one caveat, I've run into some nitwit TSA agents on power trips who insist on seeing a passport because TBIT "is an international terminal" (their words), so if you are not carrying a passport, be prepared for a confrontation and escalation to a supervisor. In the past, I also had confrontations with the escalator matrons who tried to deny me access upstairs and didn't understand or care about lounges or lounge access, but it hasn't been an issue for awhile, at least for me.
I never had an issue at TBIT entering without a passport, nor a confrontation at any terminal with TSA
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:05 am

Thanks for the reply! How bad is it to get through security at TBIT? All I have star alliance gold. Not special passes. I will probably be going through around 230 pm. Appreciate any insights. Thanks.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by WhiskeyCavalier
Thanks for the reply! How bad is it to get through security at TBIT? All I have star alliance gold. Not special passes. I will probably be going through around 230 pm. Appreciate any insights. Thanks.
There is a PreCheck line if you qualify.. I don’t think 2:30 PM is a busy time there. But it is summer travel season
Old May 30, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Hawaiian and certain other domestic airlines now fly out of TBIT-W. Pax without checked bags should have no problem NOT using the bus from a different terminal where they would've checked their bags.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:55 pm

They are now offering Beef Empanadas at dinner time

Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by UAFAM
They are now offering Beef Empanadas at dinner time

Awesome! Challenge with flights departing LAX at that hour are that they are usually redeyes going east or intercontinental flights or last flights of the day to places in the west.

Enjoy the empanadas!

David
Old Jun 5, 2022, 2:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
LAX UC is now serving complimentary coconut mai tai. It was made from scratch by the bartender and not poured from a pre-made mix. The drink was pretty good.

cesco.g, Flying Machine and DELee like this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha
LAX UC is now serving complimentary coconut mai tai. It was made from scratch by the bartender and not poured from a pre-made mix. The drink was pretty good.

Is that for Club Card members only? Not Explorer Card members. Seems so..
Old Jun 5, 2022, 5:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Is that for Club Card members only? Not Explorer Card members. Seems so..
It's not - at least the bartender did not ask me to show my card. I'm guessing it's sponsored by Chase to promote the card. The fine print on the bottom is related to the 25% rebate for premium drink purchases.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
The drinks are free to all and sponsored by Chase.
SPN Lifer, lsquare and tstauck like this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Forgot to post these from LAX UC - visit was back on 07/05/22 around 8:45 AM:

Coffee and fruit station at the top of the escalators:

Primary reason I wanted to post - plates, bowls and utensils were back:

Breakfast Fare:

As was noted over in theUA - 75 years to Hawaii thread:

My breakfast repast that day:

David
cesco.g, cur and cczzll like this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: Latam Pass Black; UA 1K, 1MM; Marriott LT
As mentioned upthread, the empanadas are great. I also like that all the draft beers are free, so the Guinness is delicious.

Overall, I really like the UC club at T7, its close to the new EWR club at 123.
LAX UA 1K and tstauck like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I think I read that there is a noodle bar here? Is this true?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.