Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Got my new 1K kit today in the mail (had qualified in October and received 1K materials last year as well). They went back to having the globe on the bottom of the card, instead of small ones along the side. Card is also now made out of plastic again, instead of whatever cheaper knockoff material was used last year.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
I got mine for Gold but I'm Platinum now and have yet to see it.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by buzglyd
I got mine for Gold but I'm Platinum now and have yet to see it.
My wife got her Platinum materials in December, but she made 1K on December 26. I don't think they will show up until sometime in February at the earliest.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
The drink coupons don't mention anything about premium wines. I wonder if they could be used for those wines since they don't explicitly exclude them?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA GS/MM, MR PPE/LTG, ‎TSA Pre✓, NEXUS, APEC BTC, UKBF RT, CLEAR, DXB E-GATE
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
The drink coupons don't mention anything about premium wines. I wonder if they could be used for those wines since they don't explicitly exclude them?
Qualified for GS for 2017, and under the benefits on the website here's the language...same would likely be true for 1Ks.

"When traveling in a premium cabin, our flight attendants will do their best to honor your first meal choice. In United Economy within North America, United Global Services members enjoy one complimentary alcoholic drink and one Choice Menu food item. Use vouchers from your membership kit for additional beverages after your first free drink. These complimentary items are also available on flights between Guam and Honolulu. Half-bottles of premium wine not included. "

If you navigate to: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...y-benefit.aspx

You will also see "See our Inflight Beverage Selections for a list of all of our available non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages. Please note that customers can request any alcoholic beverage except half-bottles of premium wines (375 mL). All Choice Menu options, both Snack Shop and Bistro on Board items, are included."

Last edited by IAHFlyBoi; Jan 8, 2017 at 7:22 pm Reason: added website link and language
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
got mine yesterday in Boston. Requalified a long time ago
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
My 1K kit was waiting for me when I got home on Jan 2; requalified back in September. Delivery to Austin, TX.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by IAHFlyBoi
Qualified for GS for 2017, and under the benefits on the website here's the language...same would likely be true for 1Ks.

"When traveling in a premium cabin, our flight attendants will do their best to honor your first meal choice. In United Economy within North America, United Global Services members enjoy one complimentary alcoholic drink and one Choice Menu food item. Use vouchers from your membership kit for additional beverages after your first free drink. These complimentary items are also available on flights between Guam and Honolulu. Half-bottles of premium wine not included. "

If you navigate to: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...y-benefit.aspx

You will also see "See our Inflight Beverage Selections for a list of all of our available non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages. Please note that customers can request any alcoholic beverage except half-bottles of premium wines (375 mL). All Choice Menu options, both Snack Shop and Bistro on Board items, are included."
Thanks for the info, although it's still unclear. The main intent of both of those passages is to discuss the GS/1K benefit. The old drink coupons explicitly say not valid for premium wine, and the new ones just say valid for any alcoholic beverage. I would try onboard but I think it will always be a YMMV situation. Maybe I'll email 1KVoice and ask?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Thanks for the info, although it's still unclear. The main intent of both of those passages is to discuss the GS/1K benefit. The old drink coupons explicitly say not valid for premium wine, and the new ones just say valid for any alcoholic beverage. I would try onboard but I think it will always be a YMMV situation. Maybe I'll email 1KVoice and ask?
I never had trouble getting "Moscow Mule" on FC or economy cabin as the first drink as 1K.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kmxu
I never had trouble getting "Moscow Mule" on FC or economy cabin as the first drink as 1K.
According to 1KVoice the drink vouchers are good for any drink except premium wines.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus Silver, Frontier Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I qualified for the first time in May of 2015 year for Silver. Got the card and luggage propaganda within a week. Also qualified for Gold in August and Platinum in November. Never received anything else. Not even an updated card even though the website stated "Your package is on its way."

I re qualified last year for Gold so, perhaps, I will get a package early this year.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:01 pm

I've yet to receive mine. I missed 1K by a few thousand miles but had over $25k in PQD. Last year I only hit gold on miles and segments, but had over $35k in PQD, and was gifted 1K toward the end of January.

I'm hopeful that the delay in receiving my package means that I'm sitting somewhere in the review cycle, and might get a gift of 1K again.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
MyStatus finally went to Pending today. Requalified for 1K in early December.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
MyStatus finally went to Pending today. Requalified for 1K in early September 2016.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zappa42m
MyStatus finally went to Pending today. Requalified for 1K in early September 2016.
Same here. Requaled for 1K in Sept 2016. Not sure why they had been waiting for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.