Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SFO-AKL JV w/NZ, all year UA metal, 77W Nov18-Mar19, 772 Apr19-Oct19 (+newORD-AKL NZ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
27 March 2018
Air New Zealand service between Auckland and Chicago

From Nov. 30, 2018, Air New Zealand will operate three times weekly, year-round service with its new configuration Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft. Flight time will be approximately 15 hours northbound and just over 16 hours southbound. Air New Zealand code share service will be offered on around 100 flights across the U.S. for convenient connections to Auckland via Chicago. United Airlines operates more flights from its hub at O'Hare International Airport than any other airline, with more than 500 flights to 147 airports across the United States.

United expands service between San Francisco and Auckland

Beginning in April 2019, United will extend service between its West Coast hub in San Francisco and Auckland to year-round with three-times-weekly service. In partnership with Air New Zealand, United's flight arriving in Auckland will offer passengers more than 20 connections across the region. The return trip utilizes United's extensive route network in San Francisco, which provides connections to the United States, Canada, and Latin America. United operates more than 290 daily flights from its hub at San Francisco International Airport to 79 airports across the U.S. and 26 international destinations. Tickets for the expanded San Francisco schedule will be available on united.com and airnewzealand.com later this year.

United service between San Francisco and Auckland will operate with a Boeing 777-300ER between November and March and will operate with Boeing 777-200ER aircraft between April and October.
Originally Posted by jimyvr
UA will now fly the 77W on SFO AKL when it resumes operation 29OCT17 - 22MAR18 (from SFO). Overall frequency will be 6 weekly, and increasing to 7 weekly from mid-Dec. UA73/74 is canceled.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...as-of-01sep17/
United Airlines suspends NZ service (Suspension Period: April 18, 2017 - October 30, 2017)

Per New Zealand Herald quoting UA:

This change is in response to seasonal variations, which will also see United Airlines adding an additional three flights per week starting December 18, 2017 after resuming its daily Auckland to San Francisco services on October 31, 2017. This will increase services to a total of 10 United's flights per week during the high seasonal demand period. Passengers who have already purchased tickets during the suspended period are being contacted by the airline and offered flights on the Air New Zealand service instead. We apologise to customers for any inconvenience and advise that customers will not be out of pocket as a result of this shift in scheduling and will retain all frequent flyer benefits."
Print Wikipost

SFO-AKL JV w/NZ, all year UA metal, 77W Nov18-Mar19, 772 Apr19-Oct19 (+newORD-AKL NZ)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: UA GS
Was anyone on the inaugural? Any celebratory festivities?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by FlyHighInTheSky
Was anyone on the inaugural? Any celebratory festivities?
Yup. Presentation and food at the departure gate and an elaborate arrival presentation. Similar to the Singapore inaugural.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by edcho
Yup. Presentation and food at the departure gate and an elaborate arrival presentation. Similar to the Singapore inaugural.
Sweet! Got any pics? Swag?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
J sale SFO-AKL

From email: lowest I see is 3.5k pp round trip from SFO for J. Higher from other hubs/departure airports (most $5k pp++). The Y prices seem alright from a wider range of origins. 1k from LAX, 1.2k rt from IAH
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/con..._date=20160707

Hurry – Book your trip by July 18, 2016.

To ensure delivery to your inbox, please add
[email protected] to your address book.

MileagePlus # XXXXX
set your sights on Auckland.

Enhance your flight to Auckland with a seat in United BusinessFirst

Book now ›

Book your New Zealand trip by July 18 and save.

With this limited-time fare sale, you'll save big when you fly to Auckland in United BusinessFirst® via our new nonstop route from San Francisco. Experience the extra space, comfort and personalized service of our premium cabin, then step into a world where vast beaches, majestic volcanos and geothermal pools are your backyard.

These fares won't last. Reserve your seat by July 18, 2016, and travel between July 7 and November 30, 2016, to take advantage of this spectacular sale.

Book now ›

united.com

Deals & offers

Reservations

Earn MileagePlus miles

My a

Stay connected to United:
Mobile Hub Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

united.com Partner offers

Terms and conditions:
Tickets: Tickets must be purchased no later than July 18, 2016. Roundtrip purchase required.
Travel Period: Outbound travel must be completed between July 7, 2016, and November 30, 2016.
Fare Validity: Fares are valid in the Business cabin on United/United Express carriers.
Minimum Stay: A 7-night minimum stay is required.
Blackout dates: None.
Miscellaneous: Fares, fees, rules, and offers are subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

C000013212 14175 ET01

Don't miss the latest emails; add [email protected].
This email was sent toUnited Airlines.
Please do not reply to this email. We cannot accept electronic replies to this email address.
Email [email protected] with any questions about your MileagePlus account or the MileagePlus program.

To contact the sender, write to:
United MileagePlus
900 Grand Plaza Dr.
Houston, TX 77067

© 2016 United Airlines, Inc. All rights reserved.
36 USC 220506
A STAR ALLIANCE MEMBER
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:39 pm

Nicely timed promotion, but the dates don't extend to when I wanted to go (Christmas). Bummer.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The $3499 SFO fare is a real bargain.

Unusual for SFO to get the cheapest fare. Usually it's the opposite.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:45 pm

Sweet! Got any pics? Swag?
Same stuff as the Singapore inaugural but also got a scarf (is that NZ?).

Arrival presentation:
https://instagram.com/p/BHXrSVnD-OK/
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee

It's really weird how much of a difference there is in pricing between hubs. It's cheaper to buy two roundtrips for me:

IAD-SFO
SFO-AKL

Than it is to buy the IAD-AKL routing.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Nicely timed promotion, but the dates don't extend to when I wanted to go (Christmas). Bummer.
Well of course they're not going to have a sale in the peak season if they can avoid it.

Would love it if they did it for the first quarter of next year.

Now with this new flight, maybe supply for this market is ahead of demand and there may be more sales, as there were to Oz earlier this year?

AA has added a flight to SYD, which could be used to get to NZ.

Regular sales to Oceania (as well as premium saver award availability) would be a dream.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Kacee

yes, i was surprised by receiving this promo today...if i was still in the UA game i would cancel my award bookings and instead opt for this fare... but as it stands i am sitting >500K miles across two programs, time to burn...
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K
I'm also seeing a huge price benefit in buying two separate round trip tickets XXX-SFO and SFO-AKL. I understand the potential issues in case of IRROPS of buying two separate tickets, but is doing so a violation of UA rules?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Catsdonttravel
I'm also seeing a huge price benefit in buying two separate round trip tickets XXX-SFO and SFO-AKL. I understand the potential issues in case of IRROPS of buying two separate tickets, but is doing so a violation of UA rules?
No. UA's really inviting that with this fare structure.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM
See they have switched aircraft from 787-9 to 777 in dec - wish I had know that before I booked my Dec SFO/AKL/SFO BF ticket.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:38 am

I just noticed the plane switch also from the 787-9 to the 777-200. I have no desire to spend UA miles on 8 across in biz. I am wondering if this has something to do with the Polaris rollout? Can anyone shed light on this? I contacted customer service and they told me no changes have been made to this flight and it was never slated to be the 787-9. I showed the rep my email stating I had seats 1A & 1B reserved (which would be impossible on teh 777-200 since it would be UFirst seats) and showed them the press release directly from United's website stating they will be flying the 787-9 from 10/1/2016 forward.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by realdeal211
I just noticed the plane switch also from the 787-9 to the 777-200. I have no desire to spend UA miles on 8 across in biz. I am wondering if this has something to do with the Polaris rollout? Can anyone shed light on this? I contacted customer service and they told me no changes have been made to this flight and it was never slated to be the 787-9. I showed the rep my email stating I had seats 1A & 1B reserved (which would be impossible on teh 777-200 since it would be UFirst seats) and showed them the press release directly from United's website stating they will be flying the 787-9 from 10/1/2016 forward.
Air NZ has been decent about opening up seats in J on their SFO/LAX/IAH flights as of late. Usually this is happening 45-90 days before departure. I got one for AKL-LAX recently, still waiting on the outbound since right now I am stuck with a MEL connection.

Expert Flyer at $9.99/month is incredibly useful for monitoring release of NZ J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.