Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Functionality issues/questions with "New" (Fall 2015) United.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: physioprof
Originally Posted by Kmxu
If you want to use the old site, as mentioned upthread, you clear the cache and history on your browser and type in "ual.com". This should work.
As of Oct. 26, 2015 it no longer seems possible to access the old version of the website.

Related thread
Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down?

Workaround for Login & "We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request." Problems:

Close United tab, clear browser cache, and delete all United cookies. Instead of logging back in using the home page yellow tile, click on the "Reservations -> Change or view reservations" link, and then login using the "MileagePlus: Sign in or join" link on the upper right of the page.
Print Wikipost

Functionality issues/questions with "New" (Fall 2015) United.com

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Looks like Beta just went Alpha

Just went on to buy a ticket and got the new site.

Not liking it; I'm on laptop and don't need the huge graphics and lots more paging.

eh well...
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Just went on to buy a ticket and got the new site.

Not liking it; I'm on laptop and don't need the huge graphics and lots more paging.

eh well...
This will probably get merged with the existing thread, but the site is slowly launching. Some (myself included) are still getting the old site (thankfully).

They are soft rolling out more and more visits directed to the new version...
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
No, it's not the default yet.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Seems to be for me. Humbug.

Though view reservations, where I just happened to go, is the old one...
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Seems to be for me. Humbug.

Though view reservations, where I just happened to go, is the old one...
The first post of the thread explains the transition plan and how to switch back and forward.

Also, in the software world, Alpha code/testing comes before Beta. When released for the general public it is call "production code."
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Also, in the software world, Alpha code/testing comes before Beta. When released for the general public it is call "production code."
ooops, what do I know? I'm just a simple country economist...
Old Aug 21, 2015, 4:27 pm

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Heh, that's how I interpreted it when reading the comment and thought, "Hah, funny.. it has taken a step backwards recently.."
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by MattR23
I think this issue is fairly wide-spread. It was reported here recently. For me, it's saying I have 10 reservations when I only have 5.
For all of you reporting this problem...I just had the same thing after I created a new reservation last night on the new website. Prior to creating the new reservation it said I had 1 (which was correct). After creating the new reservation it said I had 7 (totally incorrect).

It's getting the 7 number from a combination of current, past and cancelled reservations from the old website. After I cleaned up past and cancelled reservations the new website now only shows me having 4 reservations. While 4 is still the wrong number it is still totaling what I have left in current and past. I save "past" reservations until my expense reports are paid and all flights have posted correctly.

Yes, this is a bug. But at least we can point to where the data is coming from.

-RM
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
yup, and this is new...

Originally Posted by edcho
I noticed a few bugs this morning...

#1. On the homepage, it states that I have a lot more reservations than I actually have. Anyone have this issue?

#2. Also, I have this issue:

I've been using the beta site for months now and the too many reservations and the overwritten text are new within the last couple of days. Never saw either before that. They must have fixed something and broken this.

It also ate all of my previous searches...the single best new feature of the beta site for me. A couple of days ago, my search history was gone. Same day I noticed the problem above. Both reported via the feedback form (along with the less serious, but annoying reversion to the B737 over Seattle picture).
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:48 pm

It's confusing (and concerning) how such obvious errors are making it onto the production server.... Especially when they are new problems.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA MM etc
seat size reduction continues

Check out the seat size on this flight

Cockpit seems to be off limits, but perhaps I can sit in the closet, the bathroom, or the galley?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by brhacker
{image deleted for the sake of the the small screen folks}
Cockpit seems to be off limits, but perhaps I can sit in the closet, the bathroom, or the galley?
This is lovely.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 25, 2015 at 9:31 pm Reason: no need to repeatly quote the image
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Open the pod bay doors, HAL!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 25, 2015 at 9:31 pm Reason: no need to repeatly quote the image
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Awesome!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 25, 2015 at 9:32 pm Reason: no need to repeatly quote the image
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:29 pm

maybe you get to spend your flight in the crew rest bunks?

oh man, that's the best thing i've seen in a while.. love it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.