Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Functionality issues/questions with "New" (Fall 2015) United.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: physioprof
Originally Posted by Kmxu
If you want to use the old site, as mentioned upthread, you clear the cache and history on your browser and type in "ual.com". This should work.
As of Oct. 26, 2015 it no longer seems possible to access the old version of the website.

Related thread
Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down?

Workaround for Login & "We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request." Problems:

Close United tab, clear browser cache, and delete all United cookies. Instead of logging back in using the home page yellow tile, click on the "Reservations -> Change or view reservations" link, and then login using the "MileagePlus: Sign in or join" link on the upper right of the page.
Print Wikipost

Functionality issues/questions with "New" (Fall 2015) United.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Did April 1st come early?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Talking

Originally Posted by diburning
How much is the upfare to F? I can't imagine F would be any more comfortable than Y!
I tried to upgrade, but united.com won't allow me to.

The booking class is Y (full-fare).

It's only 50 min flight, though.

Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by kb1992
Just saw this seatmap:

Flight: HDQ-ETK UA 1239

Aircraft type is 600.

10 rows of PolarisSM business class. Total: 100 biz class seats. Upgrade should be easy.

Row 10-60 are regular economy. Total: 500 economy seats. No E+. UA selling lots of tickets!

Is this military airplane?
Originally Posted by atword
Looks like Tardis Class!
<Chuckle>. Yeah, bigger on the inside than on the outside.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 11:10 am

Welp, I learned the hard way that if you're trying to upgrade one person on a res, split the res beforehand. I tried to upgrade/waitlist myself only on a multi-person res, and did so by selecting only myself to be upgraded via the upgrade page. When I did so and got to the end, somehow it resulted in an additional person being waitlisted as well and spun off to his own res. I now have 3 res (1 for me the upgrade, 1 erronous one and the original one). Having to call in now to cancel the upgrade, but now more people are split than I wanted. Very annoying.

I knew something funny was up when the web page at the purchase screen froze for a little bit. Still that shouldnt have caused it...
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Tried to change an award flight from today to tomorrow. System gave me some nonsense message about it being a "non refundable ticket" and no changes/cancellations were allowed. Mobile app wouldn't give me the change option either. After some stumbling around with various "change/cancel" prompts on the site, I discovered using the checkin function and then un-checking in restored the ability to make changes. Although once I submitted the change I got a different error message, but the reservation seems to have stuck. Was able to check in to the new flight and print BP.

On another note, checking a future CLE-RSW roundtrip, there's a first class upgrade marketing banner being displayed in the middle of the res with the wrong city pairs. Apparently I can upgrade to F on CLE-FLL. At least it's in southern Florida.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
MP account is down for me. Error messages all over the place.

We’re unable to complete your request

We're sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request due to a technical problem.
Please try later or call 1-800-396-1751 for assistance.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Mariott, Hertz Presidents Circle
Booked a few itins today, some on UA.com and some through concur corporate. All showing variations of mileage earnings, and most saying "this fare is not eligible for MP earnings." Hoping it's just the system being glitchy. All itins do show the upgrade arrow and allow me to select E+, so don't think it is related to BE, but you never know.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:30 pm

Must be the new update: Phone number finally recognizable again!

Mods: Please move this message to:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...te-issues.html

It's better suited to be put there.

After two months of fighting against the voice messaging system, I voiced the complaint to the MileagePlus service and 1K desk my MileagePlus number could never be recognized by the voice messaging system, no matter how I did it(say it or type it). Finally, I spoke to a MileagePlus Customer Service rep who told me they were undergoing a system update. I just tried the 1K number again yesterday, and the system picked up my phone number again! Finally this saga goes away.

It's never good when the system never recognizes my MileagePlus number, always recognizes something different than what I say or type, and I had to transfer to the MileagePlus Customer Service first, ask to re-input my correct MileagePlus number, and get transferred to 1K. Every time I did that it took 15 minutes.

I believed the Customer Care system was functional again. Check your emails if you see any update of the Customer Care complaint/Compliment reference number sent to you.

Shall the wiki be updated? Not sure if it's substantial enough, but it's certainly substantial for me.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Feb 8, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Is the united.com homepage not displayed quite right on anybody else's iPad in Safari? This started today for me, tried clearing website data, but no help.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Closing, please consult the present active thread on the App,
Redesigned United App - initial release Jan 2019 -- discussion, bugs, ....

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 28, 2020 at 9:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.