Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Functionality issues/questions with "New" (Fall 2015) United.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: physioprof
Originally Posted by Kmxu
If you want to use the old site, as mentioned upthread, you clear the cache and history on your browser and type in "ual.com". This should work.
As of Oct. 26, 2015 it no longer seems possible to access the old version of the website.

Related thread
Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down?

Workaround for Login & "We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request." Problems:

Close United tab, clear browser cache, and delete all United cookies. Instead of logging back in using the home page yellow tile, click on the "Reservations -> Change or view reservations" link, and then login using the "MileagePlus: Sign in or join" link on the upper right of the page.
Print Wikipost

Functionality issues/questions with "New" (Fall 2015) United.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by kb1992
Completely agreed.

It's not that people resist to change. Rather, the new site is simply horrendous.

Why on earth did UA design this pig?
I'm not resistant to change, when the change is positive, but that is not the case with the new site. Instead of being able to enter, evaluate and book my multi-city trips in about 5-7 minutes it now takes me 10-15 to do the same thing.

Don't know if it would be any faster on a tablet as I don't own one.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by djtsukasa
Multi-City bookings are terrible! It doesn't show all available flights for each leg, it only gives me the worst ones.

However, I will give the new site this: it will actually try searching for flights in a multi-city (6 destinations), instead of crapping out like the old site.
OK, I'm going to say something good for the new site.

Tried to a simple multi-city booking on old site

PVG-SFO
SFO-NRT
NRT-PVG

united.com blows up with an error message.

But the new site priced out correctly. Give credit where it's due.

Last edited by kb1992; Sep 28, 2015 at 1:41 pm
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!

Ha, I've always given WN credit for winning customer hearts by delivering well against expectations. I suppose UA has finally caught up with the strategy of keeping expectations low...
Old Sep 28, 2015, 4:26 pm

New site is not finding Lufthansa and Germanwings flights at all!!! Old site is showing them! How can I book them on new site?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 4:50 pm

OK, I'm going to say something good for the new site.

Tried to a simple multi-city booking on old site

PVG-SFO
SFO-NRT
NRT-PVG

united.com blows up with an error message.

Yes, exactly what I said.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Originally Posted by paule123
I phoned it in, what a joke that was. Referred to the web support dept - a call center in the Phillipines? - had to repeat my issue about 5 times before she got it straight. She tells me there's no record of the $125 charge on UA's side and that's it's probably "just a pending charge that will drop off". (yeah, right) She tells me there's nothing she can do so I should just go ahead and dispute it with my credit card company. Wow.

Kudos to Chase PPMC customer service who quickly and efficiently filed my dispute.

Last edited by adambrau; Sep 28, 2015 at 8:21 pm Reason: My call went on for 3 hours - full story a couple of threads down
Old Sep 28, 2015, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Ha, I've always given WN credit for winning customer hearts by delivering well against expectations.

I suppose UA has finally caught up with the strategy of keeping expectations low...
Correct.

These days my expectation is very low on UA.

Anything they can do. Any flight not delayed for more than 2 hours.... maybe good enough.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Originally Posted by paule123
I phoned it in, what a joke that was. Referred to the web support dept - a call center in the Phillipines? - had to repeat my issue about 5 times before she got it straight. She tells me there's no record of the $125 charge on UA's side and that's it's probably "just a pending charge that will drop off". (yeah, right) She tells me there's nothing she can do so I should just go ahead and dispute it with my credit card company. Wow.

Kudos to Chase PPMC customer service who quickly and efficiently filed my dispute.
Agree Chase seems to have a better paper trail than UA.

MY Scenario? 26Sep Bought a $3700 tkt AMS-EWR-BCN for a friend. Ticket never issued but funds deducted from my account. Where did money go? United has no confirmation of any transaction early on a Saturday so I just went back to bed hoping this was some form of dream. But eventually I woke up...

CALL 1 today to find a missing $3k for a ticket that apparently was never issued. Chase and I got disconnected after 37 minutes of very static-y Rhapsody in Blue, from UA.
CALL 2 I am starting again - this time first with UNITED and then we will call Chase. Chase knows United debited my account, it's just United that doesn't know United did it...YET! at least 45 minutes into this call we have found a record locator number which has no value, but the GS agent is now liaising with another department so hopefully the gold will be found...alas call disconnected!
CALL 3 Back to CHASE to get claims to attempt one more conference call tonight...Disconnected by UA GS agent before I could even explain scenario. Chase agent just started laughing....
CALL 4 to United with same Chase Supervisor spoke to a GS rep who said she could do nothing so now we are holding for a GS Representative....holding holding holding....3 hours after all these calls and explanations an dropped calls I got my money back. And since this whole situation occurred by trying to get my friend on the same flight as me they opened up space on my flight so we can travel together. A tad irritated right now but tomorrow it will be passed history. Apart from all the disconnected calls 95% of the UA people I spoke to were pleasant - which is surprising the tools they are given to work with. To get a refund shouldn't take 3 hours, especially if a ticket was never issued. Not sure how United is going to fix this quickly - already 30% of the threads on the first page of Mileage Plus are complaint oriented to the website. It will become mainstream news very soon. I really feel betrayed by the management as a customer. Can't imagine the gossip flying around the break rooms...ok time to walk away from this now!

Adam

UA really appears to have a disaster on their hands with new site... Chase has been awesome.

Last edited by adambrau; Sep 28, 2015 at 8:16 pm Reason: Success in the end!
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:39 pm

I have an issue. Booking a flight from Guam to Colorado Springs for Oct 9th. I understand PQMs are actual miles flown for Economy Fares but Economy is showing 9,139 miles vs 7,238 which is economy flexible. Why is the cheaper economy fare showing more PQMs? This is the GUM-HNL-DEN-COS routing.

I called United and was transferred 5 times between reservations, intl reservations, and mile-plus cust service and nobody understood what I was talking about.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:41 pm

Error
We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-800-396-1751; the U.K. at 0800 028 5003; elsewhere use the local phone number.

I HATE NEW SITE!!!!!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by groundhog
Error
We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-800-396-1751; the U.K. at 0800 028 5003; elsewhere use the local phone number.

I HATE NEW SITE!!!!!
Yes - I got that on my simple Asia trip last week - had to call it in....

This weeks issue was more subtle - I am flying XXX-EWR-ORD-LHR-FRA-GRZ-FRA-ORD-XXX in early November - out in business class back in Economy. New site price - $10.6k, old site price - $7.7k - not only does new interface suck so does the pricing engine....
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
The new sites is so buggy; I would suggest anyone to avoid it (use http://www.ual.com to get to the old site after clearing all history/caches in your browser!). With so much recent media coverage of various aspects of United, the new site will be a topic for news media coverage rather soon. Here are some examples from other threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...criminate.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...dly-skies.html
Old Sep 29, 2015, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
New UAL.com - problem with voucher

Have others found this issue ... When using a voucher with a greater value (so that there is a residual) the system then asks for a VISA checkout (or something like that).

I can't find a way around this. Any insights?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by zrs70
Have others found this issue ... When using a voucher with a greater value (so that there is a residual) the system then asks for a VISA checkout (or something like that).

I can't find a way around this. Any insights?
Longtime lurker -- came here to see if anyone else had experienced this after just having the same issue myself. I had my secretary call United to book from my credit bank over the phone -- which she was told they couldn't do; only online. My secretary explained the problem, and the representative said that this was the second call she had received today about this issue.

No insights as to a work-around though.

EDIT: My secretary called back a second time and got a better agent who is handling it over the phone.

Last edited by shza; Sep 29, 2015 at 5:04 pm
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Web site functionality

Question -when the website is working the function that used to exist of selecting the fare class (advanced options on the old system) by segment seems to have gone...is this so or am I not just finding the right screen ?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.