Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Introducing United Exclusive Assistance "United Signature Service" [Q&A-Experiences]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Link
Seamless travel, defined. Depart effortlessly. Arrive stylishly.

United Signature ServiceSM, provided by Global Airport Concierge, offers you an elevated level of assistance during your time at the airport. This option is currently available for United customers traveling to, from or through Amsterdam, Chicago O'Hare, Frankfurt, Houston, London Heathrow, Los Angeles, Munich, New York/Newark, Paris Charles de Gaulle or San Francisco.

A United Signature Service concierge will be there to help throughout your time at the airport. Your concierge will monitor your flight, guide you to or from your gate, assist with check-in and arrange any travel changes or airport accommodations that you might need. If you want to relax before your flight, you will have access to one of our United ClubSM locations. We can also arrange for special services such as language assistance, if requested in advance.

Our concierges manage all of your travel details at the airport, so you can focus on enjoying your trip.
More info

VIP Meet & Assist

Departure service

Your United Signature Service concierge will:
  • Meet you curbside or at a designated point of arrival
  • Monitor your flight
  • Assist with priority check-in
  • Expedite security screening through the Premier Access® lane (where available).
  • Arrange United Club access (United Club access is not available outside of USA)
  • Guide you to your departure gate
  • Coordinate special requests
  • Help you rebook or reschedule travel if your flight is delayed or canceled
  • Provide language assistance (if requested at the time of booking)
Connection service
  • Monitor your flight
  • Meet you at the jet bridge (or at another designated point)
  • Assist with terminal transfers
  • Arrange United Club access (United Club access is not available outside of USA)
  • Guide you to your departure gate
  • Coordinate special requests
  • Help you rebook or reschedule travel if your flight is delayed or canceled

Arrival service

• Monitor your flight
  • Meet you at the jet bridge (or at another designated point)
  • Assist you with baggage claim
  • Coordinate with prearranged transportation (optional)
  • Guide you to your preferred mode of transportation

related: Private Suite @ LAX for UA
    Print Wikipost

Introducing United Exclusive Assistance "United Signature Service" [Q&A-Experiences]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
    Originally Posted by Doppy
    Spent about 15 minutes trying to get a quote for this service and failed - worst user interface since 1997. It's like like they want any business.
    I am also considering this service and am finding it very difficult to deal with them. Lots of red flags: horrible website, unclear descriptions of the service, opaque pricing, etc. I also found a couple of reviews that say this service is basically a scam; all they do is walk you around the airport and take you to lines that you had access to anyway.

I've emailed them three times with a simple question (what kind of priority security do they provide -- is it just the Premier Access lane or something faster?) and they can't answer my question. They just send canned replies with bullet point lists of benefits or replies that answer a completely different question.

I am ready to give up and try a different service like Royal Airport Concierge, which seems to be larger and has a MUCH better website.
    Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
    That moment when you see the list of benefits and realize you've been doing that for your friends and family for free.
    Old Jan 22, 2022, 3:04 pm

So after another round of emails and some more research, I learned the following:
    • "Priority security" just means the Premier Access lane
    • "Priority boarding" just means Group 2. (Group 2! My family already gets Group 1 through our *G status and J tickets.)
    I was hoping that this service would be like AA Five Star, which does provide an elevated level of service beyond what mid tier elites get. But that is not the case.
    ​​
    SPN Lifer and FriendlySkies like this.
    Old Jan 22, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
    Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
    So after another round of emails and some more research, I learned the following:
    • "Priority security" just means the Premier Access lane
    • "Priority boarding" just means Group 2. (Group 2! My family already gets Group 1 through our *G status and J tickets.)
    I was hoping that this service would be like AA Five Star, which does provide an elevated level of service beyond what mid tier elites get. But that is not the case.
    ​​
    This sounds almost like an expensive scam! I would agree that AA Five Star, which I have yet to use but my wife has, seems like a far better product.
    Old Jan 22, 2022, 3:46 pm
    Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
    The target market appears to be non-frequent, non-elites. Such as elderly or perhaps those not familiar with the particular.airport

The market for frequent flyers with status is probably not very big. As the lack interest / discussion on FT shows. 140 posts in 10 years.
    SPN Lifer likes this.
    Old Jan 22, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
    Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
    The target market appears to be non-frequent, non-elites. Such as elderly or perhaps those not familiar with the particular.airport

The market for frequent flyers with status is probably not very big. As the lack interest / discussion on FT shows. 140 posts in 10 years.
    I could maybe see using it for my Mom in addition to the wheel chair assistance I already get for her but it really even in that target market doesn't sound like much for the above stated charges. But even with that I usually purchase her an F ticket and wheel chair assist it basically gets her everything. My wife used AA Five Star as she has to no status with them and she thought it was great given her lack of status with AA.
    Old Jan 22, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
    Originally Posted by nomad420
    I could maybe see using it for my Mom in addition to the wheel chair assistance I already get for her but it really even in that target market doesn't sound like much for the above stated charges. But even with that I usually purchase her an F ticket and wheel chair assist it basically gets her everything......
    It does include UC access, irrops help, potentially language assistance, help to / from transportation, ...

A bit more than just wheelchair service
    Old Jan 22, 2022, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
    It does include UC access, irrops help, potentially language assistance, help to / from transportation, ...

A bit more than just wheelchair service
    I wonder how much irrops help they give. If all they do is take you to the UC counter where you wait in line with other UC members, then that has no value for me. (I already have UC access.)

This is one of the questions I asked them, but they never answered.

I understand that AA Five Star gives you higher priority for rebooking and that the Five Star agents assist you directly. I was hoping that UA Signature service would be the same.​​​​
    Old Jan 22, 2022, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
    I wonder how much irrops help they give. If all they do is take you to the UC counter where you wait in line with other UC members, then that has no value for me. (I already have UC access.) ...
    As I mentioned this is not aimed at existing frequent flyers IMO

On the rebooking, their site stated
    Help you rebook or reschedule travel if your flight is delayed or canceled
    Note some of your other questions are answered on the web site

Agreed this is not as extensive, but more affordable, then the 5 Star servies
    SPN Lifer likes this.
    Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:04 pm

I agree pretty much anyone who is reading flyertalk doesn't need/want this service for themselves.

I could see it being extremely helpful for someone with cognitive decline, someone who has never flown before, someone with a language barrier, etc. Basically, someone who would get overwhelmed or confused navigating a big airport and all the steps (check-in, security, gate, etc.).
    Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:03 am
    formerly willbbiddy

Any experience using this inbound on an international flight? I really just want access to expedited customs and immigration at ORD like what you get flying J or F to countries with only 1 flag carrier.
    Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
    my best advice is to not flying inbound international into ORD..... I think of all the UA hubs, this is the worst
    benewr likes this.
    Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:10 am
    formerly willbbiddy

Originally Posted by mfirst
    my best advice is to not flying inbound international into ORD..... I think of all the UA hubs, this is the worst
    Not an option, <$1,000 RT J tickets to Brazil. I have global entry so it's generally not bad for me, but I'm happy to pay for a separate line it it eases any pain.
    Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
    cant sneeze at that.... I guess the key is to get off the plane asap and be the first on line in customs and immigration. avoiding checking luggage
    pray your flight does not land at the time time as a packed wide-body

I would be extremely surprised if (in the USA) there was any private service that makes going thru government (TSA, immigration, customs, etc) any easier - unlike the closer relationships for Flag carriers in other countries....

I think GE helps - but I never found it that useful recently (there was a travel app - but I dont recall the name that helped zip thru vs the blue long forms that you need to fill out)

having a US passport helps a lot......
    Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
    Originally Posted by mfirst
    I think GE helps - but I never found it that useful recently (there was a travel app - but I dont recall the name that helped zip thru vs the blue long forms that you need to fill out)
    The Mobile Pass app is the alternative you mentioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.