Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Introducing United Exclusive Assistance "United Signature Service" [Q&A-Experiences]

Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Link
Seamless travel, defined. Depart effortlessly. Arrive stylishly.

United Signature ServiceSM, provided by Global Airport Concierge, offers you an elevated level of assistance during your time at the airport. This option is currently available for United customers traveling to, from or through Amsterdam, Chicago O'Hare, Frankfurt, Houston, London Heathrow, Los Angeles, Munich, New York/Newark, Paris Charles de Gaulle or San Francisco.

A United Signature Service concierge will be there to help throughout your time at the airport. Your concierge will monitor your flight, guide you to or from your gate, assist with check-in and arrange any travel changes or airport accommodations that you might need. If you want to relax before your flight, you will have access to one of our United ClubSM locations. We can also arrange for special services such as language assistance, if requested in advance.

Our concierges manage all of your travel details at the airport, so you can focus on enjoying your trip.
More info

VIP Meet & Assist

Departure service

Your United Signature Service concierge will:
  • Meet you curbside or at a designated point of arrival
  • Monitor your flight
  • Assist with priority check-in
  • Expedite security screening through the Premier Access® lane (where available).
  • Arrange United Club access (United Club access is not available outside of USA)
  • Guide you to your departure gate
  • Coordinate special requests
  • Help you rebook or reschedule travel if your flight is delayed or canceled
  • Provide language assistance (if requested at the time of booking)
Connection service
  • Monitor your flight
  • Meet you at the jet bridge (or at another designated point)
  • Assist with terminal transfers
  • Arrange United Club access (United Club access is not available outside of USA)
  • Guide you to your departure gate
  • Coordinate special requests
  • Help you rebook or reschedule travel if your flight is delayed or canceled

Arrival service

• Monitor your flight
  • Meet you at the jet bridge (or at another designated point)
  • Assist you with baggage claim
  • Coordinate with prearranged transportation (optional)
  • Guide you to your preferred mode of transportation

related: Private Suite @ LAX for UA
    Print Wikipost

Introducing United Exclusive Assistance "United Signature Service" [Q&A-Experiences]

Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:25 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
    Originally Posted by TravelPorcupine
    Has anyone actually used the service that can report back on how it was?

I have been totally spoiled by Delta VIP service. American five star was okay too.

I just don’t need a babysitter. I need someone to help expedite getting through lines and grabbing me when the plane is boarding and getting me right on instead of waiting around in the gate area.
    Totally different. United's is not a VIP service; far from it, actually. You board through group 2, which can be behind half of the plane or more on some key routes.

https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/travel/airport/united-signature-service.html
    Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
    Totally different. United's is not a VIP service; far from it, actually.
    That’s good to know. Would you mind sharing your experience? Thanks!
    Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
    Refer to the link above. The service is not fulfilled by United employees but contracted out. It's really most suitable for those with mobility issue.
    Totally missed that link. Looks like a pass for me.
    Old May 13, 2024, 7:04 am

They're a mess. The booking engine can't figure out flights. It required multiple emails back and forth to their overseas contact center.
    Then they requested a surcharge because it was a holiday weekend.
    Then they no-showed because they were understaffed (It was SFO).

Their parent company, Royal Airport Concierge, was actually quite good at YVR. But that was mostly due to the concierge, who was extraordinarily helpful, kind, and witty.

United contracts out so many staff. At SFO, the ground staff all seem to work for Prospect. No wonder they don't have anyone to serve "Signature Services" assignments.

It's nothing like American Five Star, which has consistently been worth it for complicated connections, trickier trips, etc. The staff have been 100 percent helpful, attentive, and seemed to enjoy their work.
    Their call center is also especially quick to reply.
    I wish United could keep up.

The alternative, "Airport Butler," doesn't have much posted online, but there doesn't seem to be anything positive.
    Old May 13, 2024, 10:44 am

I've used this service a fair bit, and have also used quite a few of the other similar or related services like Royal Airport Conciege, the in-house one at Heathrow, Blacklane while it was operating (which was *great* by the way, sad they didn't make it), Global Airport Concierge, and a few airline ones like Lufthansa's service.

They can all be very hit or miss in terms of delivering value, in my experience the whole thing ends up depending mostly on if the airport is a complete mess when you get there. If it is, and lines are long, or something is going wrong, they are absolutely invaluable and worth every penny. Sometimes things were going to go fine either way, so it ends up being not a great use of money, or even a little distracting. It also depends on the rep you get. They are usually moonlighting airport employees so in a few cases I have gotten people who are like local airport gurus, for example the Blacklane rep at JFK who was the head of security and just walked us through various unmarked doors in an incredible shortcut to exactly where we were going. Sometimes they aren't assertive enough which is annoying.

Anyways, to respond to this actual topic. I've used Signature service at EWR a few times and it's been uniformly great. In each case it's been a former/moonlighting UA employee with a badge who has met us at the car, dealt with our luggage and taken it to be checked and come back with tags, walked us to the head of security and then gone into the United Club and found us a good spot to site, and even ran an errand to a local store outside the club to get something for my infant son. Pricing is very fair compared to the other similar services and I'd recommend it.
    SPN Lifer likes this.
    Old May 13, 2024, 10:49 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
    I was at EWR terminal C level 3 check-in recently. Directly opposite of where I sat was the wheelchair assistance area, though not sure if part of United's service...anyway, some of wheelchair pax must have waited there for almost an hour or longer - they were there when I arrived, and when I left.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.