Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: UA 2MM 1K
Called yesterday - never send, no explanation, no apology.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
I've now contacted them twice over the span of six weeks myself. The website read "shipped" in January. At this point my best guess is that they're dealing with a total failure on the part of a third-party contractor, someone who told UA the packets had shipped but didn't follow through.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:12 pm

In case anyone is intersted, here is what comes in the 2016 Premier Silver Kit.

Cards can come separately per request.

https://twitter.com/nikometsplus/status/708732335034929152
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
I've now contacted them twice over the span of six weeks myself. The website read "shipped" in January. At this point my best guess is that they're dealing with a total failure on the part of a third-party contractor, someone who told UA the packets had shipped but didn't follow through.
Or it got lost/mis-delivered by the USPS.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
Or it got lost/mis-delivered by the USPS.
It goes without saying that that's possible, and it was my first thought. But I contacted UA weeks ago about a replacement, and that one hasn't been delivered either.

There appear to be too many reports of kits going missing this year for it to be routine mail problems.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
When I got ours, I was thinking I could have easily mistaken it for junk mail (credit card offer, etc).
Old Mar 28, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Didn't Realize the companion card was in my packet. :(

So I just called them today as my SO hadn't received his 1K kit as my MM companion. Few minutes on phone and then rep told me his card was included with mine. Sure enough I found the kit and there it was. Didn't realize they had done that this year. My bad for not looking at the packet closely.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by SF1K
So I just called them today as my SO hadn't received his 1K kit as my MM companion. Few minutes on phone and then rep told me his card was included with mine. Sure enough I found the kit and there it was. Didn't realize they had done that this year. My bad for not looking at the packet closely.
HAH! @:-) So that's where it was! I wonder if they actually resent my wife's card last month as the agent said they would when I called.
Old May 8, 2016, 4:05 pm

Still haven't received mine, despite filling out the web form in February -- there was a dropdown specifically to request replacement credentials, which seemed telling -- and calling the Premier line in March.

The rep with whom I spoke yesterday was apologetic but unhelpful. She said she had no record of either previous attempt at replacement, but would initiate one now. We'll see if it arrives ahead of my LH trip in eight weeks!
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
As someone who qualified just this month (May 2016) for early status, should I be expecting a 2016 kit? Or just wait until the 2017 kit after the end of qualification period this year?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
As someone who qualified just this month (May 2016) for early status, should I be expecting a 2016 kit? Or just wait until the 2017 kit after the end of qualification period this year?
You'll probably get the current kit within the next few months.

It might be valid through 2018 - when I first got status in august, my card was valid for 18 months, qualifying for the next level in December got me a 14 month card (ie all expiring in February + 1 year).
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by televisor
You'll probably get the current kit within the next few months.

It might be valid through 2018 - when I first got status in august, my card was valid for 18 months, qualifying for the next level in December got me a 14 month card (ie all expiring in February + 1 year).
Actually, response from UA said they don't send cards for 25k.

I'm not so worried about the status part; that's electronically verifiable and a piece of plastic is meaningless... it was more to have the whole set of 4 in the first year of switching loyalty from AC to UA.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Still no sign of mine, my wife's, or any of the other 1K members in our group. I mean, they are only 6 months late :P
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Actually, response from UA said they don't send cards for 25k.

I'm not so worried about the status part; that's electronically verifiable and a piece of plastic is meaningless... it was more to have the whole set of 4 in the first year of switching loyalty from AC to UA.
Regardless they should have at least sent you an appreciation letter in the mail with some drink vouchers.

The card (where it used to be) on paper shows you how to access your electronic card via your mobile app.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Avis First
Just received mine today in Manila...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.