Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:01 am

Still Pending. How ridiculous is this....
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: UA Plat
Still waiting here.

Mine showed "shipped" in December. Put in a request for replacement first of February. Crickets.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Finally got 1K packet yesterday here in Upcountry Maui. .
Upcountry Maui? Wow, I'm so jealous! Wonderful place to live.

My S.O. got his 1K kit at his Taiwanese address last week.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:04 am

have not. didn't get one last year either.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Plat, IHG Spire, Hilton,Miles&More
2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you receieved yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

As a Plat, received mine last week: 5 drink chits, one ID card with magnetic stripe, two small ID tags with new logo.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:46 am

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
Originally Posted by Leedsflyer
Well, someone I know just got their 1k card today; well, I say "their" -- actually although the name on the outside of the blue packet is theirs, the card glued on the inside is someone elses! United computer systems up to their usual high standard I see! Breach of privacy, and they don't have their card yet...

Anyone else have this problem?

Just for the (irrelevant info) they requalified mid December.
replacement card arrived today... only 25 days after notifying them. "We recently emailed your 2016 Premier credentials and our records indicate that you may have received incorrect materials". "May"?

Last edited by Leedsflyer; Feb 27, 2016 at 5:47 am Reason: typo corrected.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Wife and I are both Silver.. nothing yet but Maybe they sent it to our summer address? who knows. I am sure they don't know.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Got mine today in DC. Wish the drink chits were electronic like DL.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have been away and finally got home and got mine.

The interesting thing is that it also included the membership card for my MM companion but no additional drink coupons or luggage tags (2 and no name) - so I guess I can share both.

I think it is good that they removed the name on the luggage tag - to me, it has always been a security concern.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
Still waiting here.

Mine showed "shipped" in January. Put in a request for replacement 20th of February.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: UA
1k still waiting for the 3rd replacement kit

got to 1k in November last year. did not have anything in the mail in Dec. asked UA and was told a replacement has been requested and mailed.

Jan 2016, still nothing and asked UA again, was told can not request until Jan 31. (ODD).
Feb 1st requested again and was told it has been requested. still nothing as of today.

Mean while, i got the 1k luggage handle in separate mail, UA card offer letter never ends and even a UA club card kit, but still nothing from UA for my 1k kit.

Even my Alaska 75k kit arrived earlier than the UA kit!

Worst experience ever!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 5:34 pm

So, I got some interesting information from an American-based phone rep who claimed to be the lead representative for the Mileage Plus Service Center (even though I think he was just a regular supervisor).

I called in response to my delayed replacement Silver Kit, and he confirmed it shipped, but we got to talking about the elimination of physical membership cards, and he told me that he can confirm that Premier Gold Cards are set to be eliminated this year, pending "overview of the partners.

If things are on schedule they should be axed by July 1st.

However, he acknowledged that there are many loopholes to receive a Silver card (50% of the agents I've spoken to have been pro-active in getting me one, and since they are still distributed to foreign members, the links to distribute "replacements" is still active.) so he isn't sure how well eliminated Gold Cards will go.

He did say he believes they will stick for Million Milers.

Anyway, RIP the Premier Gold card (potentially). And let me be the first to say this is incredibly stupid. Why should valued members that fly 74,999 miles (or more if you don't have enough PQD) be ripped off of .14 cents???

Just add a Mercedes-Benz ad and you don't lose any money.

Also, DELTA got rid of the actual Gold cards, which makes me understand why this might happen: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...kits-for-2016/
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
I called in response to my delayed replacement Silver Kit, and he confirmed it shipped, but we got to talking about the elimination of physical membership cards, and he told me that he can confirm that Premier Gold Cards are set to be eliminated this year, pending "overview of the partners.
Did he give any indication as to how *G members were expected to gain access to foreign lounges? Every time I've been abroad, they've been insistent that they need a physical card.

While this is somewhat disappointing, it's in line with industry trends. None of the hotel programs I belong to bothered to send me a physical card this year.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Did he give any indication as to how *G members were expected to gain access to foreign lounges? Every time I've been abroad, they've been insistent that they need a physical card.
Maybe that's what "overview of the partners" means. If they can convince the others to accept either a digital card or just a boarding pass or Mileage Plus number, that would solve that objection.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone

While this is somewhat disappointing, it's in line with industry trends. None of the hotel programs I belong to bothered to send me a physical card this year.
I agree. There are foreign outposts that are very strict with these things.

In fact, in Munich, the woman in front of the United Premier Access area demanded to see my plastic United Premier Silver card (even though she was very professional about it) just to see the check in desk.

And while I understand what you mean by "in line with industry trends", I somewhat disagree, or at least have a different take: It's in line with American industry trends.

Think about it, in Europe, if you just sign up for one of their programs you will receive a general member card. No questions asked. So for them, (even though in theory multiple people a day should be saying the same thing), someone saying the airline isn't giving a Gold Card, and that they have a computer print out sounds fishy, and I completely understand why.

And while they could look you up for entry, flashing a *Gold card would be 1-2-3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.